come to me, i'll say it slowly (i love you)

come to me, i'll say it slowly (i love you)

It’s been five years they are together and Minho forgets the exact time he needs to pinpoint when he started to fall in love.

It’s funny because they are what people call ‘opposite attracts’. After he met Taemin during his third year, they kept spending time together until they forgot how it felt breathing without one of them. Everything fell back to its place that what they felt that time (and even until now) was really just love.

Now when they finally live together after the sudden, rushed marriage (Minho was really overwhelmed that time so he quickly held a wedding ceremony without consulting Taemin first and the younger yelled something like Minho was completely insane but he accepted the proposal in the end), Minho wonders, how does it feel a life without Taemin?

Maybe it’d be uncomfortable since his bed would feel much bigger.

Maybe he would be a complete mess since Minho has no idea how to toast his bread without leaving it burnt.

Maybe he would take a longer time to fumble with his tie since it’s always been Taemin’s job.

That means the fumbling-with-tie job would end up unraveling unceremoniously if it’s Minho who does the work.

Maybe his tea would taste too sweet or too bitter much to Minho’s preference.

Maybe everyday he’d lose track of how to make his own food because Taemin always forbids him to touch the stove.

Or maybe no one can tug him down from floating because Minho is that dreamy one and Taemin is so realistic. Minho once told Taemin that he wanted to try to become a train driver once and Taemin deadpanned, “ You fool, better to go back chopping the carrots than chopping other people with your train.”

Their arguments have become petty things not something that flicks jealousy over simple matters. They are all about stupid trivial stuffs like, once, Minho admitted he bought a shirt that cost 150.000 KRW and Taemin screeched in horror as his hands stopped depositing a pile of his work-in-process documents on the desk.

“ What the did you just do-“ Taemin sauntered away to massage his forehead and pointed at the shirt, “ That brand- You could ing buy that brand after telling me so I could ing hand over my shopping card so you could get the discount then save 30%!”

Minho wanted to say “hey I bought this with my credit card” but then he soon disliked the idea of using ‘his’ instead of ‘their’.


Or on the other day Taemin yelled because Minho kept forcing himself to store some important data for his boss so he could submit it quickly and no need to cancel his date with Taemin. Taemin didn’t console or support or encourage him, instead he got really angry because Minho was slowly falling back into his exhausted stance and it’s in the moment where it was a close call that Taemin almost hit his head. He has this kind of overwhelming unpleasant urge whenever he feels really mad.

“ You’re too much! You should consider your health first because we can spend our time together on other times! Fine, you like seeing me get frustrated and stressed because you can’t take care of yourself better!” then he left to the living room, stomping away fumingly.

Minho quietly padded down the doorway and peeked slowly, peering through the small crack of the opened door. There, Taemin was angrily watching some random tv show and Minho knew Taemin was muttering low curses and sighs slipped between them. Minho gave in and joined Taemin, eyeing the latter carefully before he Taemin’s cheek. At first, the younger slapped his hand away until his anger melted away and all irritating thoughts evaporated by the time Minho pressed a sloppy peck of apology onto Taemin’s lips, telling that after this he would take a nap for an hour but it must be on Taemin’s lap.

Of course, Taemin responded this with a scoff. “ Silly boy. What would you do without me?

Minho groaned and slowly closed his eyes. “ Dunno. I don’t even wanna imagine it.”

Then he drifted off to sleep leaving Taemin bewildered and a really tiny pink blush crept to his cheeks. “ Stupid,” was the last word Minho heard before his whole systems really gave in to the temptation of sleeping.

Yet Minho, in the midst of all dreams and serenity, preferred to translate ‘stupid’ as ‘I love you so much that sometimes I want to slap you.’

Of course when Minho suddenly woke up while Taemin was observing his husband’s face features up close, hand swirling around with Minho’s hair, the younger screamed loudly in shock and pushed Minho over the edge of his lap, and falling face first hurt so much to Minho so he vowed to not ever startle his man in all sorts of situation.

Maybe Taemin often does something beyond his expectation and never Minho has ever thought about it before.

Taemin is full of surprises. He’s that kind of ball of sunshine that lights the path Minho treads on. No matter how realistic Taemin is, he’s someone who keeps securely and cherishes every single memory he has gone through with Minho. Minho is a bit forgetful, a little ignorant (but he tends to prioritize Taemin under all possibilities), while Taemin is someone who memorizes every little thing about them. Taemin fills his gaps and Minho embraces everything about Taemin. It’s funny every time they talk about their futures, Taemin is always the one who gets worried of almost everything that can damage their shared life (or maybe relationship) but on the contrary, Minho is always at ease.

He always sees one future and it’s all about with Taemin.

If one day Minho has a chance to reincarnate, he’ll wish nothing more but to stay beside Taemin once again, twice, thrice, and forever.

There’s no maybe, probably, or ‘I wonder’ because when it comes to Taemin, everything is definite to Minho.

Taemin is everything he needs.





Today, after Minho gets back from work, he sees his dining table is full of delicious meals and they look multiple times more tempting, more luxurious, more amazing than their usual hotpot, grilled tuna, bibimbab, sour kimchiyuk ge jang, and more things that come up in his mind. There are some pasta, French cream soup, fresh salad, and a couple of things which Minho is certain they will instantly melt his tongue away in satisfaction.

“ Taemin,” Minho calls him out, eyes never tearing away from the sight of delicious foods, “ What’s this all about?”

Taemin hums, smiling softly at the love of his life and motions the taller man to join him sitting. “ Just eat first, Minho. Don’t waste my effort.” And with that, Minho complies and immediately devours them without wasting his time, sometimes tearful and happy groans filling the dinner time and Taemin has to chuckle seeing his satisfied husband’s state right now. He looks like a sated child, feeling full and happy after all of this wonderful dinner.

“ Amazing, Taemin,” he says after finishing, literally, everything and gives no chance to Taemin to ask about how it tastes. “ You know, I never regret the day I proposed to you.”


Taemin laughs and deposits the dirty plates to the sink as his free hand waves at Minho telling him to change his clothes first. The taller man obeys like a puppy and strides slowly to his room. He picks a loose t-shirt and sweatpants after discarding his work suit. When he turns his heel, his eyes catch a compact disk lying effortlessly by his computer. Frowning since Minho is sure he doesn’t own the CD nor is the one who places it there. Curious, he picks up the CD and he spots a small paper with which a note is written neatly. He feels his lips twitching and slowly curling up as he finishes reading the quick, short message. ‘Play this and don’t come to me until you finish the whole thing, Love!’ and Minho doesn’t need to be a genius to figure out who wrote this. He turns on the computer, inserts the CD, plugs in the earphones then wears them and he opens the file in it. He clicks twice before finally iTunes pops and the next thing he knows, a familiar soft and gentle voice soon makes its speech.

“ Hey Minho, I’m going to sing this song and you have to listen it until the end. You have no authority to stop in the middle, thank you very much.

Minho giggles because even in such recording, Taemin’s sassiness is something that never really fades.

Finally Taemin sings, and Minho feels as if his heart is going to explode at this moment.

“ Sometimes I hate every single word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face
There's no one quite like you 
You push all my buttons down 
I know life would without you 
At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck 
You're an but I love you 
And you make me so mad I ask myself 
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known 
But I hate you, I really hate you, 
So much, I think it must be 
True love, true love 
It must be true love 
Nothing else can break my heart like 
True love, true love,
It must be true love 
No one else can break my heart like you.”

When Taemin finally wraps up his singing, all Minho can feel right now is tears pricking his eyes and once he plugs out the earphones of his ears, he storms out and hurriedly finds his husband in the midst of washing dishes. Unable to control himself, he sneaks up behind Taemin, wrapping his long arms around Taemin’s small waist, holding on tight and he sinks his face onto the crook of Taemin’s neck. Damn, his husband always smells nice and Minho really wants to stay by his side forever.

“ What’s this all about, Taemin-ah?” he whispers, kissing the fair skin with so much love he has for the other man in his embrace, “ You’re.. too.. oh my God.”

Laughing at his husband who’s unable to form any single coherent sentence, he carefully puts away the cleaned plate and responds, “ Maybe you’re gonna laugh at me if I tell you the reason.”

“ No, really. Why?”

“ Well,” Taemin begins to answer, “ I was cleaning up our apartment and I found our old album. I figured out that the first time we met each other was March, 8th years ago and after we introduced ourselves, Kibum Hyung forced us to take a pic together because he insisted that it’d be a good use in the future. Apparently, he’s right.”

“ And today is March, 8th,” Minho breathes. Taemin nods and keeps on humming some random song, while Minho is sinking his nose even further to indulge his sense as he basks in the tearful moment yet wonderful feeling after hearing the reason. He breaks off the hug and half-forcefully turns around his husband who’s now staring at him confusedly, eyes blinking rapidly and Minho thinks it’s really adorable even though Taemin doesn’t initiate it. He leans in and captures Taemin’s mouth in a gentle kiss, lips molding perfectly and it makes them believe more that they’re truly made for each other.

“ You know,” Minho confesses after their lips part to start breathing properly again, “ You’re perfect. How did I function before I met you?”

Taemin curves up his lips into that blinding smile that causes Minho slip into a daze for a moment.

It takes him a while until he realizes that, how he’s really in love with this guy.

“ That’s what I ask myself every single day.”

Maybe he’s already whipped and Minho refuses to wrap his head around ‘how he’d be like without Taemin’ thought. 

After all, everything has been amazing so far.

Because he can share his life with Taemin, that’s why.



a/n: the song Taemin sang is True Love by P!nk. Just a small part of it, though.