Chapter 3

"Noticed By You"

 

“Kim, let’s go, Maja rushed”. “The meeting was about to start and you’re in your cubicle working”.  “This better be quick, I have lots to do, Kim stated”.

Sr. Anderson: As you know, my son will be taking over the firm starting today.  I will hand him over the entire business. I taught him everything I know and there’s no doubt in my mind that he will do great.  Without further delay, I would like you to meet your new boss.

Maja: where in the world is Kim?

Sr. Anderson: Here is my son, Gerald Anderson.

When Gerald came out, all the women were screaming and almost howling with excitement.  He looks so sophisticated, charming and very handsome.  Kim, rushed in the conference room with a loud bang as the door shut behind her.  Instead of focusing on Gerald, they all looked at Kim with irritation.  Kim came in embarrassed but didn’t see Gerald standing there.

Gerald: Hello Ms. Kim Chiu

As he said that, all the women in the room screamed with jealousy. They wondered how in the world he knows her.

Kim: Gerald?! I mean Mr. Gerald Anderson?

Gerald: He smiled at her and the meeting proceeded.

Sr. Anderson: Alright folks, memo will be circulating in the office later in the day with the new agenda and meetings thereafter. Okay, let’s get back to work.

Kim was about to leave with the group until Gerald grabbed her arm and said, “Do you a minute, Ms. Chui”. All the women were stunned.  “Why her, they whispered?”

 Kim: Okay, Mr. Anderson

Gerald: Dad, I would like you to meet Kim

Sr. Anderson: Nice to meet you Kim, aren’t you in the marketing department?

Kim: Yes, I am sir.

Sr. Anderson: I heard you did a great job on the last issue of our magazine.  You have a keen for good products and commercializing it.  Excellent work!

Kim: Thank you sir.

Sr. Anderson: I have to go to another meeting, I will leave you guys be and see you at home son.

Ge: Okay dad, have a great time at a golf course, winked at his dad.     

Kim: Mr. Anderson, I need to go back to work. Do you have any other issues to discuss?

Gerald: Call me Gerald when we are alone, Mr. Anderson is too formal.  How do you like your working space?

Kim: What do you mean, I like it.  I’m just fine.

Gerald: I would like to promote you as a marketing director and give you an office so you can work properly.

Kim: No, you can’t do that. I’m just fine where I’m at and you don’t need to promote me.

Gerald: Yes I can do that and you will get promoted. I’m your boss, remember? I knew you were working here all along and I followed you one day on where exactly you worked.

Kim: What, you were stalking me? Now it makes me wonder why you take the bus everyday, meet with your friends at Starbucks.

Gerald: Can I invite you for dinner tonight after work and I will tell you everything.

Kim: Can I think about it? I have so much to do and I may not get it done since I’m standing here talking you and wasted almost an hour of my day.

Gerald: Crushed, I felt a daggered on my chest. Okay, I’ll forgive you for that since we never really talked until today. I should have told you since we see each other every morning at the bus stop for almost 2 months.  I had to go undercover you know, for the sake of this firm.

Kim: Whatever, gotta go Mr. Anderson.

Gerald: I will see you later, Ms. Kim Chiu

Kim: Che

Gerald: Smiled and secretary knocked on his door and gave him his agenda.