Who Are You?

Mystery

'Five minutes more and I'm free,' Tiffany thought as she looked at the clock. She felt relieved that Taeyeon was only in the same Physics class as her and the rest were different. After what happened two hours ago, Tiffany did not dare to get near Taeyeon at all. 'But, I have to sit next to her every Physics class,' Tiffany groaned.

 

"Do you have a problem with this topic Tiffany?"  Ms. Shin asked Tiffany with a frown.

 

Tiffany covered her face with her palms and sighed before looking up at the teacher, shaking her head. "Then better pay attention and not daydream during my class," Ms. Shin told Tiffany.

 

'Why am I getting distracted easily this days?' Tiffany thought as she began to scribble in her notebook. Looking up at the clock again, the second hand reached 12 and the bell rang. A faint smile formed on Tiffany's lips. She wanted to get out of school as soon as possible and one of the reason was to avoid Taeyeon. "I hope that I won't bump into her," Tiffany muttered as she packed her bag. A small paper then fell off from one of her books. Before she could pick it up, someone had grabbed it first and unfolded the piece of paper.

 

"If I were you, I won't meet this person."

 

Tiffany froze at her position. Her heart started to beat faster than normal and all she thought of was to just leave straight away. 

 

"Are you okay there Tiffany? I'm sorry if I frightened you just now."

 

'What should I do now?' Tiffany thought. She did not expect this to happen at all. How did Taeyeon even know where her class was? Was she not human? 'Yah, of course she's human! This isn't some kind if sci-fi story,' Tiffany told herself.

 

"Helloooo Tiffany?" Taeyeon said with her head tilted.

 

Tiffany lifted her head up slowly. How did her normal life turned into this? "I-I'm sorry. I got to go now," Tiffany stuttered and grabbed the piece of paper from Taeyeon's hand.

 

Surprised was shown in Tiffany's eyes when Taeyeon grabbed her wrist all of the sudden. "L-let go of me!" Tiffany struggled. Although Taeyeon looked small and petite, she had quite the strength.

 

Taeyeon shook her head and tightened the grip around Tiffany's wrist. "I am not allowing you to meet that person," she said sternly.

 

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" Tiffany raised her voice slightly.

 

"Please Tiffany, listen to me," Taeyeon said in a calm tone this time.

 

"I barely know you. Why should I listen to you?" Tiffany gritted.

 

Sighing, Taeyeon released Tiffany's wrist that had turned red. What Tiffany had said was true but Taeyeon could not just reveal herself to the younger girl. Her identity must be kept safe. Not a single soul must know about her identity. "What do you want to know about me?" 

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened. How did the question slip out of ? What if Tiffany started asking personal questions? "Wait-"

 

"Are you sure you are not the bench girl?" Tiffany asked seriously.

 

"That, I can one hundred percent assure you I'm not. Today's my first day stepping into this school. I've been homeschooled my whole life," Taeyeon answered.

 

"Why come here when you're homeschooled then?" Tiffany was getting suspicious of Taeyeon. The feeling of wanting to get away from the latter had disappeared and turned into curiosity.

 

"That is not for you to know," Taeyeon replied coldly.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. She was surprised by the sudden change in tone from Taeyeon. Did she asked the wrong question?

 

"Why do you not want me to meet the person who sent me the notes?"


Taeyeon let out a long sigh and shook her head. "If you're that curious then go. Who am I to stop you in the first place am I right?"

 

Tiffany could feel that Taeyeon was really worried for her but why exactly? Did Taeyeon know the person who sent the notes? 'She had just transferred into this school, how would she know?' Tiffany thought. 

 

"Why don't you want me to meet the person?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I just have a bad feeling about it alright?" Taeyeon frowned. 

 

"Why do you care so much when we just met?"

 

"Maybe it's because this isn't our first time meeting," Taeyeon answered. "I got to go now. Meet the mysterious person at your own risk."

 

Tiffany did not want Taeyeon to leave but she could not say or do anything to stop her. She felt like she was completely paralyzed. She wanted to know more about Taeyeon. The latter was making her more curious and Tiffany felt attracted to her not in a more-than-friends way of course.

 

"On the second thought," Taeyeon pursed her lips. "You are coming with me whether you like it or not."

 

"What?" Tiffany tilted her head.

 

Interlocking their fingers together, Taeyeon dragged Tiffany out of the classroom, walked past the gym and to her car. Using her free hand to grab her car key, she unlocked her car and gently pushed Tiffany into the seat beside the driver's seat. 

 

"Where are you taking me Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked, feeling a little scared but she could not show this side to Taeyeon.

 

"Anywhere but this school," Taeyeon muttered, closing the door before starting the engine.

 

No one said a word once the car started to move. Tiffany had a lot of questions but she could not seem to ask them out loud. Something was stopping her from asking Taeyeon a lot of questions. Just then, her phone rang and she fished it out from her bag. Her body trembled as she saw the number.

 

"Aren't you going to pick that up?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Tiffany shook her head. "I-It's an unknown number," she replied shakily.

 

Taeyeon noticed the shakiness in Tiffany's voice but she chose to shrug it off. A text message then popped up on Tiffany's screen.

 

Why didn't you come to the gym? I was waiting for you. You disappoint me Tiffany.

 

Tiffany had not realized that Taeyeon had come to a stop and that they were in front of the beach. "Earth to Tiffany, are you there?" Taeyeon waved her hand in front of the said girl. Something was bothering the latter but Taeyeon did not want to force Tiffany to let it out. To Tiffany, Taeyeon was just someone she just met and Taeyeon knew that very well.

 

"What? I-I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling well," Tiffany snapped from her thoughts and showed a small smile. Although not convinced, Taeyeon let it slide and went out of the car. "What are we doing at the beach?" Tiffany asked.

 

Taeyeon shrugged. "I just felt like coming here. I'm always stuck in my room when I was homeschooled. I've never had the freedom until now."

 

"You're mysterious. Don't you have any close friends?" Tiffany looked at Taeyeon.

 

"Not at all. My parents hid me away from everyone. I wasn't allowed to interact with anyone but them and my teachers. They won't even allow me to play with my brother or sister. See what kind of life I have?" Taeyeon sighed.

 

"Then why are you free now? How did you manage to get out from being homeschooled?"

 

"My parents died in a fatal accident and I was given to my aunt to be taken care of. I swear she hates me a lot."

 

Tiffany suddenly felt a sense of pity towards Taeyeon. She may not know how Taeyeon really felt being pulled away from the real world and not having friends but she knew somehow she was responsible in making Taeyeon happy. She just felt it was her duty to do so. Seeing the older girl in pain made her realise that her life was not as bad as she thought it was. She had taken things for granted.

 

"My father bought a beach house here. Let's go there and relax our mind," Tiffany smiled and held onto Taeyeon's arm dragging her away.

 

"I thought you wanted to stay away from me?" Taeyeon said, surprised by Tiffany's sudden change in attitude.

 

"I guess you're not that bad after all but you're still mysterious to me," Tiffany grinned this time.

 

'You've picked the wrong choice Tiffany. I'm not what you think I am,' Taeyeon thought. 

 

Entering the beach house, Taeyeon was amazed by the furnitures and scenery outside. She thought it was a perfect spot for two people to enjoy together or even maybe one to relax themselves. Sometimes Taeyeon wished that she could be like other teenagers. However, her fate was already sealed. She knew what was going to happen in the future. She was different from the others but she could not change that at all even if she wanted to.

 

"Do you want to take a walk at the beach Taeyeon?"

 

Taeyeon turned to face Tiffany and her eyes widened as she saw the latter. "What's with the face Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

 

"Your shorts are too short and why are you wearing a tank top only?" Taeyeon said with a frown on her face.

 

"It's the beach Taeyeon. You'll see most of the girls wearing bikinis so you should not complain about the way I dress," Tiffany pouted.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I still don't like it."

 

"Are you jealous that boys will be looking at me instead of you?" Tiffany teased.

 

"Of course not. I don't care if guys don't look at me," Taeyeon answered nochalantly.

 

"As if," Tiffany mumbled. "Then tell me why don't you like me wearing like this."

 

Taeyeon smirked and got closer to Tiffany. The latter, surprised by the sudden action, backed away and froze when her back touched the wall. Chuckling, Taeyeon held onto both Tiffany's wrist tightly so that the younger girl would not be able to escape. Leaning forward, Taeyeon whispered into Tiffany's ear, "First of all, it's too revealing. Secondly, I don't want any boys to stare at you because I get jealous really easily. I don't want people staring at my girl."

 

Tiffany felt herself getting hot. Her face showed a shade of pink and she was biting her lip because of embarrassment. Pulling away, Taeyeon broke out into fits of laughter. 

 

"Yah Kim Taeyeon! That is not funny at all!" Tiffany shouted as she tried to cool herself down.

 

"I can't believe you still get flustered easily," Taeyeon said in between her laughter. Her body froze and she stopped laughing once she realized what she had just said.

 

"What do you mean by that? Who are you exactly?" Tiffany asked as she felt herself getting betrayed.

 

"I-It's nothing. I-I got the wrong person," Taeyeon stuttered.

 

Unconvinced, Tiffany folded her arms and looked at Taeyeon with a frown. "I still remember what you say earlier on. You said this isn't our first time meeting. When did we ever meet in the past?"

 

"Let's just go for the walk now," Taeyeon changed the subject.

 

"Tell me Taeyeon. There's no point in hiding any secrets now."

 

"No," Taeyeon said firmly.

 

"Why can't you just tell me?"

 

"You just can't know about it. It's a secret only I know and it will stay that way forever."

 

"I don't know what secret you're keeping from me but I'm out of here. I don't want to be involved in anything related to you."

 

Taeyeon watched as Tiffany put on a jacket and wore her jeans over her short shorts. As much as she did not want Tiffany to leave, she could not stop her. Taeyeon expected that. She very well knew what Tiffany was going to do next.

 

"I thought you were different. You're just like everyone else," Tiffany said coldly.


"You don't know me that well to say that Tiffany. Don't expect me to give up."

 

"I should have met the guy instead of following you. Wrong choice ever."

 

Taeyeon who had been keeping calm, growled and grabbed Tiffany by the wrist, pulling her closer. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I am not allowing him to get you understand? You're mine."


A/N: After a long time I'm finally updating T.T I've been really busy because of school. 

 

Anyway, stay tuned for more! ^o^ Comments are really appreciated~ Subscribers and upvotes too!