CHAPTER I

Finding Us

“So, welcome to your new apartment,” The landlady smiled at the petite woman, “I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here Ms. Kim.”

Taeyeon smiled at the landlady, “Of course Mrs. Cho, as long as there are no noisy neighbors.”

Mrs. Cho smiled at Taeyeon and shook her head, “Oh no Ms. Kim, no noisy neighbors, we forbid it here and usually, people are really super busy that you’d hardly hear noisy neighbors”

“That’s good then!”

“Yes. We are still thankful you chose this apartment…”

Taeyeon smiled, “I chose this one since the view is really breathtaking that I’d rather go for this than to be in the middle of the boisterous streets of Seoul… Funny, I wonder why would the owner leave this place, this place is awesome!”

Mrs. Cho chuckled at Taeyeon, “I don’t know too. And if I knew, I can’t tell you since her family want to keep it private.”

Taeyeon nodded in agreement, “Hmmm… I see, oh well. Thank you again Mrs. Cho for the lovely apartment.”

Mrs. Cho smiled, “Your welcome Ms. Kim, if you need me, I’ll be downstairs, in my office.”

Taeyeon smiled, “Of course. Thank you!” Taeyeon bowed and bid goodbye to the landlady as the landlady made her way out of the room. Taeyeon hurriedly went to the balcony. She inhaled deeply and smiled sadly

“Wish you were here my love. I wish I could share this breathtaking view with you.” She continued to stare at the sky and felt the cold breeze blow onto her face; she clasped her hands and decided to start organizing her stuff inside the room.

It took her four to five hours to finally finish the half of the room, she looked around and let out a sigh, “This is really gonna take me forever…” Taeyeon pouted and decided to just rest on the couch for a while and minutes later, she could feel her eyelids drooping down and lead her to a deep slumber. 

 

***

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows while her eyes are closed, getting bothered by the cold air in the room. The latter decided to flutter her eyes open. She sat up and glanced at her wrist watch, ‘8:05’

“I must’ve dozed off too much…”

“Yeah you did. I was waiting for you to get up and finally you did…”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and saw a woman sitting beside her plastered with an irritated look and it made Taeyeon fall from her seat

“OMO! W-who the hell are you?!”

“Let me ask you the same thing, who on earth are you?!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Taeyeon ran to the kitchen and panted trying to register all of the things that have happened to her. There was a girl. A freakin’ girl that was sitting beside her and the latter was super sure she was alone the whole time.

Just who the hell was that girl?’ Taeyeon decided to go back to the girl again and confront her, when Taeyeon arrived at the living room, the girl remained at her seat and looked at Taeyeon irritatingly

“Yah! Who are you? I think you got into the wrong apartment lady… This place is mine”

The lady scoffs, “Seriously?! This place is actually mine! And if you’d be so kind, please leave…”

Taeyeon looked at the lady irritatingly, “That’s my ing couch you’re sitting on, all my stuff are placed nicely here. You got into the wrong apartment.”

“Heh. You re-decorated my whole place,” The lady stood up, “Not bad. But I’d like to take my place back.”

Taeyeon scoffs, “Look lady, we could ask Mrs. Cho who owns this now, and I bet she’d say it’s mine!”

The lady crossed her arms, “Fine… Bring that Mrs. Cho here.”

Taeyeon smirked at the girl and went to Mrs. Cho’s office and as she arrived the lady smiled at her, “Oh, Ms. Kim? What seems to be the problem?”

“There’s an irritating girl at my room, claims that the apartment is hers. Could you please tell her that it’s mine?”

Mrs. Cho’s eyebrows furrowed, but decided to follow Taeyeon at her room. Taeyeon opened the door and the lady followed inside. “She’s right,” Taeyeon walked to the living room and to her surprise, nobody was there, “Here…”

“Ms. Kim?”

Taeyeon’s forehead creased, “I could’ve sworn she was here…”

Mrs. Cho smiled, “Let’s look for her around shall we?”

“Okay.”

Both of them looked for the girl around, but there was no sight of the said lady. Both of them gave up looking for the girl and decided to go back to their respective places. Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, “I’m sorry to have bothered you at this hour Mrs. Cho. The lady must’ve left.”

Mrs. Cho chuckled, “its fine. People tend to forget sometimes. I’ll be on my way then Ms. Kim”

Taeyeon smiled, “Okay Mrs. Cho.” Mrs. Cho then left Taeyeon’s room, leaving Taeyeon still confused about the incident…