Regretting

Regrets

Naeun's POV

"Let's go! I can't stand this class any longer." I urged my unnies to leave the noisy classroom. 

"Fine fine, maknae! Kai! Come on!" Hyemi motioned Kai over. 

So, Hyemi and Haeun are my best friends. I'm grateful to have them by sides but sometimes they can be a pain the . Kim Jongin a.k.a. Kai, is my frenemy. We talk, we fight and hang out together. Not sure if we're close or not. I have this thing for boys, it's that I always find myself end up bickering with them. Some fights are just for fun but some gets really harsh and we might even start a fist fight. I didn't care but sometimes I wonder what people think of me. I want to see what kind of person am I in someone else's prospect. Well, little did I know, all my questions were about to be answer.

"Naeun ah, me and Hyemi have to go now. We have a project to discuss about. You go ahead with Kai." Haeun excused herself and stoled some glances at Kai. I smell something fishy going on. There must be something going on but being a good actress I am, I agreed.

"Awww! Ok then. I'll see you tomorrow unnies~~~" I bid goodbye to them. Haeun managed to whisper something to Kai and left.

"So...how about we do the project somewhere quiet and peaceful. This way we can focus more." Kai glanced around nervously while tightening his grip on his bag. Sweats dripped from his sweaty forehead. It seemed as if something was bothering him. I fought the urged to ask but end up agreeing again. 

"Sure. But where should we go? The library? The park is pretty much noisy and the  cafe  is not such a good place to do a project..." I trailed off. Kai suddenly grabbed hold of my hand.

"Come on, I know a place." He urged. I looked at him questionly and found myself nodding.

"Great! Let's go!" He chimed with a wide smile plastered on his face. We ran out into the parking lot.

"Here. Wear this." Kai handed me a small black motor bike helmet. I just blinked cluelessly at it.

"Aish! Here let me help you." He careful wore the helmet for me.

"There!" He thumped the helmet a little too hard to hurt my head.

"Yah! That hurts!" I whined in pain. He just shrugged.

"Well, that's none of my concern." He stuck out his tongue out at me. I gritted my teeth and fought the urge to cut off his tongue. He got on the motor bike and beckoned me to get on too. I did as told and adjust myself on the motor bike.

"Hey you better hold on tight onto me. You might fall off if I go to fast."

"No. Can you go slowly then?"

"No can do princess."

"Fine, then I'm not holding onto you either." I pouted and crossed my arms across my chest. Kai sighed loudly amd started the engine.

"Suite yourself them." He rode it in full speed causing me to wrapped my arms around his waist reflexively.  I whimpered out in fear and shut my eyes close. 

Kai smiled widely in victory. He turned back to see me shutting my eyes in fear and tighten my grip onto his waist. This sight made him chuckle softly and avert his gazed back on the road. It was not long until we reached our destination. It wwasn't for me since I fell a sleep halfway through the ride because of all the exhaustion.

"Yah, Park Naeun~~ Wake up. We're here." He tried to shook me off his shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by a beautiful view of the mountains and a huge blue lake. This is what I call the real beauty.

"Wow~" I said and still couldn't take my eyes off the breathtaking view. I slowly let go of Kai and got off the motor bike.

"It's so....breathtaking. " I awed at the beauty of this magnificent view.

"I know....this is a very special place to me too." Kai softly murmured loud enough for me to hear it. I turned to him.

"Why is that?" I questioned curiously. 

"This....is where me and my family used to spend time together. We were so happy but why did they have to take it away from me!" He raised his voice at the last part. His eyes started to water, he ws trying not to cry in front of me. I pitied him that he had to go through all those things all alone. I made my way to him and did the stupidest thing I ever did. I pulled him into a hug and comforted him. My actions caused him to break into tears. He pulled me into a tight hug but I didn't mind and kept patting his back and calmed him down. That, was the first time I've seen Kai  this soft and fragile. He stayed strong all this time, keeping it all to himself.

   After a while, he calmed down and pulled away. His red puffy eyes made me pity him even more.

"Sorry for that. That was embarrassing. "He was flustered. To my suprise I giggled at his cuteness. Yeah he was kinda cute. D-did I just say Kim Jongin is cute? Eeewwww! I did not just say that. 

"Shall we start our project?" He asked sniffing.

"Ok. So what country should we do?" I asked scratching my head.

"How about Germany?"

"Nah! How about France?"

"Can you read all those French names?"

"No" I pouted in failure.

"How about America?" Kai's face lit up.

"Good idea!" I agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes! We're finally done!" She pumped my fist in the air and did a victory dance. Kai glanced at herweirdly.

"What?"

"Nothing." He smiled cheekily.

"Cute" he wispered softly and quietly.

"Huh? What did you say?" Naeun asked suspiciously and her eyes formed a slit.

"N-nothing." He stuttered.

"You know I sensed something fishy going on here. Tell me!" she demanded.

"Fishy? The only thing that smells fishy around here is you!" He snapped back.

"Hey! I don't smell like fish! You big meanie!" she whined.

"Never mind. I want to go home now. Let's go." Naeun muttered with a straight face. Kai started to panic.

"Are...you mad at me?" he squeaked.

"No. Why should I be?" she replied shortly not bothering to look at him. She gathered all my books and harshly shoved them into her bag.

"Can we go now?"

"Not until you tell me what's going on?" She inwardly groaned.

"There's nothing wrong ok. Can we go now?"

"No, I wanna play something before we go."

"You're kidding me right? Play a game? Now?" Kai nodded his head continously with a playful smile on his face.

"Truth or dare?" Kai raised his eyebrows questionly.

"Truth"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. My turn. Truth or dare?"

"Truth of course."

"Who do you have a crush on?" Naeun pointed her long slender finger at Kai. She grinned cheekily.

"What? Why so straight forward?" Kai pouted with his puppy's eyes.

"Aegyo doesn't work. Now, hurry up and answer my question."

"Can you give me another question. This so hard for me." Naeun shook my head furiously.

"It's....i-it's ..." he stuttered and she leaned in, waiting for the answer impatiently.

"It's you!" He shouted in one breath. Her eyes widened in shock. She felt as if the world had stop. His words rung in her head endlessly. She opened to replied but no words came out. Her heart beats rapidly. She felt as if her heart and head could explode and shattered into bits. `This is a joke. Kai, the guy who claims to hate me actually loves me. My mind must be playing with me. Kai, the guy who argues with me everyday, that guy loves me. This is such a joke.` she told herself. She faked a shaky laugh.

"Haha, very funny I forgot to laugh. Are you done with the jokes. I'm kinda sick of your games. Let's go!" She pulled myself off the ground.

"It's not a joke," Kai bursted out,"Don't you get it,  Naeun-ah. Between all the bickering, name-calling, shouting....I slowly falls in love with you. My hatred for you was replaced by love. Every little things you do makes my heart flutters. Your smiles sents my heart flying. Just seeing you makes my day. You make me feel like I'm the luckiest person alive. I used to think that meeting you was the worst mistake I've made but it turns out to be the totally opposite.  I'm glad I've met you, Naeun. You made me realize how strong and true love can be. It comes in different ways and in unexspected moments. You comes you'll know and loving someone doesn't need a reason. I love you, Naeun. I can't find the reasons why but it's just so."

As she listens to him carefully, there's something that's growing inside her chest. She can't find the words to describe the feeling. It's like something is blooming, like a flower but instead it's....love. She never thought he could feel that way to her. It's just impossible to imagine but here he is standing in front of her, confessing his feelings to her openly and confidently. People says when someone confessed to you, you actually kinda started to like them back because deep down you felt the same way too but you just haven't realized it yet. She just doesn't have the courage to tell him what she felt. This will make her regret forever. Just because of her egostic personality let her opportunity  slip away just like that. This sounds really foolish.

The three magic words never left as Kai and her grew much distanter than they could ever imagined. From friends to lovers, from lovers to friends and finally stranger. How could she be so mindless to let it slip out of her finger tip. She should have grab hold onto it while she has the chance. She regrets it so much. She regret not telling Kai what she actually felt for him. She should have told him that she loves him, she has always love him, from the beginning to end. She loves him and always will. No matter how hard she tried to forget about it, push it away, it was always on her mind. It was the biggest mistake in her whole life. Love isn't a game to her. She just couldn't forget it that easily. It's not easy to forget someone you loved so much that you would do anything to get him back into your life. You would die just to let him know how you feel.Guilt is buried deep inside of her. Regrets are written all over her face. Regret is the only thing she feels. Regret........