Forks and Knives

Street

Flashback a number of years. No One's P.O.V.

"Key! Where the hell are you?" Jonghyun called out. The then sandy brunette played with his tongue piercing, feeling the sharp metallic taste against the roof of his mouth as he struggled to get out of the maze of broken glass, black crates, and cigarette butts. It irritated Jonghyun to no end that whenever he had to come looking for Key, he had to deal with his shoes getting a hefty dusting of ash. 

Key turned out to be the bastard son of a washed up fashion designer who used to live in the large apartment building Jonghyun had come to live in on the street. Jonghyun knew Key was ignored by his father's legal wife and their children, that he was highly addicted to many things, and had a knack for rubbing everyone the wrong way. Jonghyun found this out by befrending the poor guy when he showed up on the street for the first time to attend his father's funeral. His father had been the victim in one of the murders that occurred in the apartment building. Jonghyun had even pushed his good-for-nothing landlord who paid absolutely no attention to those who could not pay him or him, to let Key stay in the apartment building as a temporary boarder. Of course it wasn't at all pleasant, but it was safer for Key to stay near Jonghyun than to go to another apartment building or The Castle. The landlord looked Key up and down and then looked him right in the eye and told him that scraps of trash belonged in the warehouse. Key, out of spite took the landlord up on that and moved into the black warehouse, eventually becomming close enough with Jonghyun, successful enough as a con, and high enough to not care about what he had left behind, that he never felt the need to go back to his old life. 

Jonghyun sighed as he stepped over various pipes, and bags of whatever went into the pipes. He made his way to an alcove that had a large Persian rug covering the floor, a rope hammock strung between two corners, and a large mattress in it. On the mattress was the gaunt, grey eyed circus act himself, smoking from his favorite castle shaped pipe. He was dressed in an emrald green three piece, with navy blue socks with red printed hemp leaves covering them, black velvet creepers with a five inch platform that adorned two very large feet, casually crossed at the end of the mattress. He had rings covering his fingers, a long fur scarf gracefully draped over one of his shoulders, and to top it all off, he had a blood red bow tie on. Jonghyun shook his head at the display.

"We got a new guy on the block. He's younger than us, runaway. bait for sure. I need him to stay here. You got room in this place for him?" Jonghyun demanded, more than asked. 

Key looked up slowly, blinked a few times, yawned, and then answered, "Your arm. It's bleeding." 

Jonghyun looked down at his forearm. It was really scraped up and it was covered in a dark red sheen. 

"Ground hit ya on the way down?" Key asked, blowing concentric smoke rings in Jonghyun's direction. 

"Not hard enough." Jonghyun answered with a solemn tone. Key and Jonghyun had a mutual understanding of each other. Jonghyun didn't care but the world seemed to want to still keep him around and Key was happy smoking away his troubles. 

Key chuckled darkly, "Is this guy hot? Worth my time?" 

Jonghyun scoffed, "Touch him, and I'll feed you to the mob." 

Key met Jonghyun's glare and matched it. "Oh please. They all want me. I've got them wrapped around my finger, eating out of the palm of my hand. I don't know how their wives stay around when they all know these mob men want a toy of the male variety. ing erts they are. Go ahead. Feed me to them."

Jonghyun knew this was probably true, but that didn't change the fact that he wanted to punch Key's face off. 

"He's outside right now. I'm gonna bring him in." Jonghyun said, motioning to sliding metal door on the far side of the warehouse. 

"Why the did you just assume that it would be okay for him to stay with me? Where I make all my deals?" Key asked through gritted teeth. 

"You have space. No one messes with you. Deep down you're probably decent. It's just for a little bit. I'll go get him." Jonghyun said as he dashed over to the door. He slid open the door just a bit and Key saw a tall figure enter. 

Key couldn't see them from that angle, but he decided to welcome the guest. Key amped up the histrionics, dragging out each word. "So happy the man candy I asked for finally arrived! Jonghyun, took you long enough. Let me get a look at y..." 

Key stopped mid sentence. The tall figure came into focus. Slim, elegant, dressed in white. Angelic. It could have been the smokes, but Key swore he saw a beam of light follow the stranger. Young, baby faced, simply perfect. But with an eye full of curiosity. Key had never been so struck by anyone in his life. 

"This is Lee Taemin. He doesn't have much, so be something he can hold on to." Jonghyun said, looking at Key with a warning look, while he patted Taemin on the arm. 

Jonghyun left the white clad whisp and the circus act together, so he could go back to work. 

Key was just staring at Taemin, when suddenly, Taemin dropped to his knees right in front of Key's shoes. This boy had said nothing to him but Key found himself feeling so deeply for him. It hurt Key to see Taemin in this state. Key was expecting some brat that he could order around. Not this. 

"Please be different." Taemin whispered. 

"Um...I..." Key hesitated. Taemin had small, thin streams of tears running down his face. 

"Will I be safe here?" Taemin asked, looking at Key with the softest, but most intense eyes.

"Yes..." Key answered, taking a step towards Taemin. It sounded more like an unsure question than an answer. However, it seemed like more than enough for Taemin. 

Taemin got up from the ground quickly, bowed at Key's, and stood up to his full height, a bit taller than Key himself, and wrapped his two long arms around Key's neck, shocking Key. Key couldn't move or speak. He stood there, struck to the core. Taemin was there, seeking comfort, showing him everything. Never before had he been so close to a person with a soul. 

"You're different. I can tell." Taemin mumbled into Key's shoulder. 

"Different for a lot of reasons. I'm...I'm not...did Jonghyun tell you anything about me?" Key choked out, his hands hovering over Taemin's sides, the urge to embrace him and hold him close was extremely strong. 

"Yes. But I know that you are good. You have to be. You're high right now. Will you come back down?" Taemin whispered. Key couldn't comprehend that this guy was entrusting himself with someone completely unfamiliar, in a dangerous area. Taemin was disreguarding Key's vices because he needed Key as a person. Key knew he was in love. There was no doubt in his mind that he would make Taemin his, because truly, the one who needed a refreshing, new, beautiful spirit was Key. That healing agent was Taemin. Electricity was running through his body, there was no one like Taemin. 

"Taemin..." Key began, interrupted by Taemin closing more space between them, the embrace becomming tighter. 

Key gave in and wrapped his arms around Taemin's thin waist. He then brought one of his hands up and threaded his fingers through Taemin's messy, layered raven hair. It was a protective embrace. Warm and odd and completely right. They stood there for awhile, in the dim alcove that Key resided in. For the first time, the cold, metal, coal black shell that was the warehouse felt less like a cage. With Taemin, it instantaneously felt like a haven. His alcove felt less like a cave and more like a sanctuary. His voice was no longr echoing alone and then disappearing, bouncing off the walls. Now, Taemin's voice was responding.

"I'm sorry, I needed to do that. I'm clingy by nature." Taemin said, voice a bit raspy, apologizing for the sudden intimate gesture while still holding onto Key. 

"I was just not ready for it. It's nice." Key admitted, sheepishly. 

Taemin chuckled and pulled his head away so he could look Key directly in his eyes. 

"Your eyes. They're grey." Taemin whispered, running his finger gently over Key's left dark circle. Key closed his eyes and leaned in to the touch. 

Key looked into Taemin's eyes. Creased at the ends, but very round in the middle. Perfect almond shapes adorned with delicate eye lashes. A smokey grey color, similar to his own. Key wasn't breathing. 

"Yours too." Key managed to say. 

"Are you nervous around me?" Taemin asked, innocently. Key's heart rate picked up. 

"I'm not used to visitors like you." Key replied, blinking rapidly, matching the rythym of his haywire heartbeat. 

"Like me? Because I'm not a business man or someone seeking pleasure?" Taemin guessed. Key's eyes were as round as saucers. 

"How did you know?" Key asked quietly, looking down at the ground. 

"Lots of smoke, hazy gorgeous eyes, a con man dressed to the nines. I can piece it together." Taemin said, tilting his head to one side and putting a hand on Key's chest. 

"I'm sorry if it was not what you were expecting." Key answered. That was the first time Key had ever felt guilty about what he did. He never had apologized to anyone. 

"You promise you'll be a good man?" Taemin asked. "Kibum?" Taemin added. No one ever called Key by his real name. Only Jonghyun when he was messing with him. Key couldn't say he hated the way it rolled off of Taemin's tongue. 

"I don't know." Key said, honestly. "I don't change." Key admitted. 

"Try for me." Taemin whispered into Key's ear, sending shivers down Key's back. Taemin began playing with the short hair on the back of Key's head, his numerous rings on his fingers feeling exquisite against Key's skin. Taemin snuggled his soft face into the space between Key's chin and shoulder. 

In response, as if someone much braver took over his body, Key carefully placed his hand on the small of Taemin's back, not so accidentally lifting the back of Taemin's thin white jumper, so his hand could rest on the warm, smooth skin. Taking a long breath in, Key boldly kissed the shell of Taemin's pierced ear. Taemin drew in a surprised breath and then smiled. Taemin lifted his head a bit off of Key's shoulder and returned the affection with a simple kiss on side of Key's neck. 

"Taemin...what is..." Key said breathily, very much enjoying Taemin's gesture. 

"You're shivering." Taemin observed, as he began running his hands up and down Key's sides. 

"Who are you?" Key asked, trying so hard not to moan.

Taemin kissed Key's neck again, a more aggressive kiss. "I'm Lee Taemin." Then Taemin went up to Key's scarred eye brow and placed a kiss on it. His touches were soft. "I ran away because there's nothing left." Taemin then leaned in, so close, his full lips were almost touching Key's. "And I dance." Taemin said, breathlessly, pulling back and leaving Key wanting to feel the boy's lips against his. 

"I'm tired. Where should I stay?" Taemin asked, bringing Key out of his trance. 

"My room." Key answered, now coming down from his high.  

That cool night, it thunderstormed. The sound of fat raindrops hitting the warehouse scored the scene. All night, Key held the sobbing Taemin, who wouldn't tell him what was going on. All Key could do was hold on tighter. That night, Taemin fell in love. 

End of Flashback. 

 

 

 

Present time. No One's P.O.V.

"Jesus, Taemin! You're gonna kill me!" Key screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to shout over the sounds of shattering glassware that Taemin was throwing in his direction. 

"About time, you bastard! Years, Kibum, years! Have you changed your ways? Not one ing bit! Always with dirty money in your pocket and a pipe in your mouth!You lying, selfish idiot!" Taemin roared, from his perch on one of the tables, continuing to chuck dishes at him. 

"Taemin you're going to hurt yourself!" Key yelled back. 

"Since when do you care about me?!" Taemin shrieked. 

"I have always loved you! From the moment I saw you! I care so, so much." Key exclaimed, knowing he wasn't getting anywhere. 

"Try harder, you motherer!" Taemin shouted, as he threw the last dish he had.

"You're out of dishes! Now can we please talk? We haven't talked in a while." Key pleaded. 

"There are always forks and knives, Kibum!" Taemin spat. Key could have sworn Taemin's eye twitched. The boy in white looked around and remembered there were chef knives and forks in the back. Taemin then tried to make a run for the kitchen to grab some cutlery to chuck, but before he knew it, Key had him pinned to a wall, one of his long legs between Taemin's, both of Key's arms restraining Taemin's. 

"Let me kiss you." Key demanded. 

"Leave! Just leave! Take your three piece clown suit, your stupid pipe, and your messed up mind and go yourself." Taemin growled. Key tightened his grip on Taemin and went in for a rough kiss. He pulled Taemin's silky hair as he took one of Taemin's supple lips between his own. Key took the liberty to , bite, and Taemin's honey-sweet lips. Key pushed hard up against Taemin, the feeling making Taemin groan. 

" you, Kim Kibum. you." Taemin hissed at Key. Taemin roughly pulled Key's hair, walked away from Key, found the sharpest knife he could find, and stabbed the wall next to the exit door. Key winced. 

"Taemin?" Key questioned the love of his life, cautiouly. He was very familiar with Taemin's anger and all the odd things he does when he is in a rage. 

"There are always forks and knives, Kibum." Taemin said, eyes narrow. And with that sinister warning, Taemin left the hidden eatery, leaving Key to collapse in a chair out of exhaustion, slightly aroused, highly amused, and incredibly frightened. 

 

A/N: I can tell you on and on why I haven't updated in so long, but I hope this makes up for it, just a little. Angsty-fluffy-y TaeKey is so fun to write. It's all about push and pull with them. They go from falling in love to Taemin chucking stuff at Key. Also this very well may be my first story with in it. Maybe itll be actual or maybe itll be implied idk but i hope to include it! Let's see how that goes. I hope this gives a little insight on their relationship and how they met and also where Key came from. Also theres a little jjong at the beginning. If you have questions about stuff, comment or message me! Sometimes my intentions or details are fuzzy cause Im not the best writer. You'll find out more about Taemin soon! Next chapter will be more of an Onho chapter cause I miss them. Each chapter I hope you are getting more and more info about how these characters are connected. This fic will include action, violence, maybe , more angst...etc. so sorry if you are bored right now. It's build up and plot which is essential, I believe. Also...I want Jonghyun to be with someone. I want him to have someone to looove. Who should it be? Any suggestions?Hope you enjoyed it! For those of you also reading ISA and To Stitches, my very greatest apologies. The reason ISA has been hard is because the chapter I was writing got deleted like 7 times due to computer issues and it was hard to find time for a while. To Stitches is a very real story. Much of it is based on my life so sometimes it can be a triggle a little bit almost. So it's difficult. But I cherish all my stories and hope that for those of you reading this one or many of them, that this helps because I know many have been looking forward to an update. I love you all dearly. Thank you for reading my story. Also sorry if the font is screwy <3