Blinded Hearts

Blinded Hearts - Soohyun

Everyday seemed to be ordinary. Get up, run off to school, sit mindlessly in class jotting down notes occasionally before heading to one class to another. Yet there was always one face that made your heart stop, made your day flip upside down. Shin Soohyun.

Soohyun stood across the room, leaning against the door as his angelic smile light up the room. Your eyes locked with his figure as he stood with his friends. A smile gently melted onto your face as his laugh filled the room.

Slowly walking to his desk, you tried to move your eyes from his figure but you couldn’t do it. His eyes caught yours as he rose his hand and waved to you. Quickly moving your eyes he smiled and chuckled under his breath. Taking his seat, you blushed madly as you lifted your book to cover your red face. He glanced back a few times taking a break from his work to smile at your hardworking figure.

The bell rang as you got up and walked outside for lunch. Sitting under a tree, your eyes caught Soohyun as he walked over to a bunch of friends that sat on the benches. Eating your lunch peacefully, you kept your eyes on him as you knew that he would never like a girl like you. Scanning his group of friends with your eyes. There were popular, perfect girls and flawless boys as he conversed, smiled and laughed with them. But you were just too…. different.

A few weeks later, one of the popular girls had watched you as you stared at Soohyun. She walked up to you as you sat in the Library, she leaned on your desk as your eyes gradually looked up at her.

"I’ve been watching you." She said as her and her two other wing girls sat down around you too. "You have some guts to look at Soohyun the way you do." She leaned over the table before flipping her hair over her shoulder. Now you have seen her hang around Soohyun a few times but you didn’t think anything of it because her intelligence was hardly measurable.

"So?" You asked with a little annoyance towards her.

"The fact is. Soohyun looks at you back. He actually thinks that you are…." She left it hanging as her and her girlfriends giggled.

"Thinks I’m what?" You shot back as your eyes were wide.

"Well… let’s just say that he is into you." She giggled as she leaned over to you.

"What does that mean?" You wanted to hear her say the real words.

"Aish! He likes you ok?!" She slammed her hand on the table as she got up, huffed and stomped her heels against the hardwood as her girls followed her. Rolling your eyes that he would actually like you, you put your nose back into your book as you resumed the story that was playing out between the lines.

The bell rung again as you picked up your things, heading off to your next class. You choose a window seat as you picked up your book again. Reading a few more pages before class started.

Once school was over, you headed to the gym. Changing into some comfortable shoes, shorts and a tank top, you plugged in your music as you ran around the gym. Throwing a few dance moves into your running strides you happily smiled as you ran laps.

The thumping of the bass caught Soohyun’s attention as he stayed after school to finish some more work before he headed home. Making his way over to the window. He peered in as he saw a single girl running around. Pressing his ear to the door he smiled at her music choice. Turning to walk home, he couldn’t help but smile as he looked back at the gym doors.

"Yah! What are you doing here!" A loud voice boomed as you turned around and froze as you looked at the gym teacher as his whistle hung down around his neck.

"Ah sorry sir. I was just running around a little to work out." You ran over to your things as you began to pack up.

”____ ______ is that you?” His tone softened as you pushed your fly away hairs behind your ear as you bowed to him. “Sorry, I thought that it was some punk. But it is getting dark, you should probably go home.”

"Y-You’re not m-mad?" You lifted your backpack on your shoulder as he shook his head with a smile.

"How could I be. Just leave at a reasonable time tomorrow." He patted your shoulder as you smiled at him before running out of the gym before he turned off the lights. Running all your way home, all of your homework that you had to accomplish piled up in your brain as you ran faster home.

The next day, you arrived at school. With the halls crowded with people, you walked to your locker, twisting the combination it opened with ease as you shuffled your jacket off of your shoulders. Carefully hanging it up on your hooks, a note fell from somewhere as you picked it up and read what it said.

Artistic, Beautiful and Creative. The ABC’s of You - Mirror

Looking around the hall, you slipped the sweet note into your backpack before heading off to your class, receiving these notes quite often you always kept them for your dark times. You thought about the note as you walked, keeping your head down, you looked up to push the door open when Soohyun was standing right there holding it open for you.

A perfect smile hung on his face as you bowed to him and walked through the door.

"Thank you." You muttered as you passed him, shuffling to take your seat. A smile grew til he was smiling ear to ear, heading to his seat, he winked at you as your cheeks reflected a brilliant red. Covering your face with your hands the teacher distracted the class as you tried to tame your beating heart.

Another bell, you got up and walked outside as you sat under your tree. Pulling out a small snack, you watched people pass as Soohyun came to his group. Looking down at your food, you saw a pair of shoes in your view as you looked up at the tall figure.

"Can I sit with you?" Soohyun asked sweetly as your eyes got wide and you nodded slowly. He shot you a killer smile before sitting down next to you. Pulling out his food, he looked at what little lunch you had before he gave you some of his lunch.

"What is this for?" You asked holding up the food items that he gave you.

"Take it, I am sure that it will come in handy." Soohyun said as you nodded and put them in your backpack. Soon enough the group that Soohyun usually hung out with surrounded you.

"You stole our main attraction." One of the girls said as they smiled down at him.

"M-Mianhae." You stuttered as you began to get up. The guys grabbed your lunch from hands and smashed it against the ground as they pushed you to the ground. Soohyun stood up as he moved in front of you.

"Leave her alone. It was my choice to sit with her." Soohyun defended as the crowd dispersed. Turning around he offered his hand to you as he pulled you up. "Sorry about that, they can be a little… well… possessive." Nodding your head, you grabbed your backpack and bowed to him.

"Thank you for everything. See you around." You walked away right before the bell rang. Sitting in class with the little lunch you had, your stomach began to hurt as you began to feel weak knowing that you were hungry. Sticking your hand in your backpack, you felt around as Soohyun’s lunch found your hand as you looked down and took the sandwich into your hand. Pulling it out you silently thanked him and ate it happily.

That day after school you headed to the gym when you were stopped by the Gym teacher.

"I won’t be long today, I just wanted to run a little bit and get out some anger." You said as he complied and let you inside, the gym was dark as you went to go turn on the lights. Suddenly a single spotlight lit up the middle of the court. Turning your head to the middle of the gym, you saw a figure as some music began to start up.

His voice cut through the dark as you slowly began to walk closer to him. A smile shined on his face as he held out his hand to take yours. singing one of your favorite songs, he carefully hung his voice on each note as his eyes began to loose themselves in yours.

"That was beautiful." You breathed when he finished, a smile beamed on your face and his.

"You’re beautiful." He began to pull your hands so you walked closer to him. "Artistic, beautiful and creative." He whispered in your ear as you connected the dots.

"Wings… was you?" You tilted your head as you took a step away from him, his simple nod made your heart skip a beat.

"I’m sorry, I should have told you that it was me." Soohyun said as you ripped your hand from his and began to walk out of the gym. "Wait!" He called as you froze. "Can I ask you one question?"

Turning around, his lips crashed onto yours, his arms wrapped around you pulling you against him as your hands gripped his shirt. Pulling away, your eyes filled with tears as you ran out of the gym.

"I guess it was too much." Soohyun mumbled as he watched the door close and echo through the empty space. This time he ran around the gym to clear his mind.

Running down the halls, you leaned up against the lockers as you slid down them.

"He couldn’t like you, how could he?" Thoughts ran through your mind as your fingers traced over your lips. Closing your eyes, tears skipped down your cheeks as you tried to sort everything out. Covering your face with your hands, you let your sobs fill the halls.

After an hour or so, he walked out of the gym, stuffing his hands in his pockets he roamed the halls as he wondered if he was set up. In the end he knew that his heart was talking to him and that he wouldn’t find another girl like you for the rest of his life.

Walking down a deserted hall, he heard some whimpers as you were curled in a ball against the lockers. Walking up to you, he paused as he stood in front of you looking at you, wondering what he did wrong. Letting out a deep breath he began to walk away when you caught his pant leg with your hand. Soohyun looked down at you as you looked up at him. Standing up you wrapped your arms around him, resting your head on his chest, his arms slowly wrapped around you.

"Sorry. Sorry." You mumbled against his chest as he rubbed your back.

"it’s ok. I forgive you. If I could only take all of the doubts away." Resting his head on yours he swayed from side to side. Holding you tighter you let your heart race.

"You already are." You said as you both held each other in the dimming hallway.