I

Caught Up in Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Everyone had gathered into the large expanse of the living room owned by the Kwons. It was located inside an exclusive village and had an overview of Seoul's bustling city lights. It was a sight to behold but the people around were ignoring its beauty for a more important matter. 

 

Seunghyun nervously looked around and saw the smiles of every former YG talent. Chaerin, Bom and Minzy, Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung, even Dongwook and Byul whose also carrying a baby bump due in a few months. They were all there, bringing various presents and enjoying some sweets. It was an intimate event, and monumental at the same time. The excitement zipped althroughout the room as they anticipate the arrival of  one couple. They were all here to see the newly born baby girl of Dara and Jiyong. It was time to celebrate the arrival of a princess. So why was Seunghyun so nervous about this? He's not so sure too, but he could feel Chaerin's all too excited for this, even more so than the others. 

 

When they finaly appeared, everyone gasped in awe at the beautiful angel, and Chaerin was the first to reach out for the baby. She rocked it slowly and her eyes twinkled in delight. That's the time Seunghyun's guts twisted - he knew this was coming, he knew the longing that was hidden behind her smile.  He ran his eyes to everyone in the room and heard occasional awes and coos from everyone. The baby's making everyone mushy, and he's awkwardly in the middle of the crowd, beside Chaerin, trying his best not to cringe.

 

One by one, everyone had married off. Bom to some rich businessman, Taeyang with a broadcaster, Seungri and Daesung to non-celebrities. Minzy, well, she's too young to settle and considers herself the forever bachelorette anyway. They've grown to be famous pop culture icons but were now contented with the quiet life they're living as businessmen, coaches and music producers. 

 

Chaerin had built a preschool and would always invite Seunghyun whenever he had the time. He didn't want to surround himself with toddlers, but he can't say no to her anyway. How they ended up together, they didn't know, they've just clicked right away when they finally had time to talk together and hang out. They've been in a relationship for three years now, but Seunghyun still feels uncomfortable whenever Chaerin holds a child. Whenever he sees her in this, his guts would squirm just like how it's reacting now.

 

 He politely declined when Chaerin offered the baby to him, but she insisted, and he noticed everyone has quieted down a bit, waiting for him to hold Jiyong's spawn. To save his pride, he relectantly reaches out for the baby and rocks it slowly, she was so delicate he thought he might crush her. When his hold became steadier, a suprise glow of warmth engulfed him, he finally smiles - and there was an audible sigh in the room. Chaerin excitedly swooned beside him, praising the baby's natural beauty.

 

That night, they made love in their shared flat, Chaerin getting more into it that before. She sat on top, controlling everything, the desire was palpable and he was getting addicted to it. He could feel her energy engulfing him, trying to seduce him, and probably convincing him of their unspoken problem. She wants a baby, but he not too enthusiastic about it. So he pumps his frustration and rebutal into her too, an unspoken defiance that translated into a night of nonstop . 

 

They bathed into the afterglow after some time and smiled at each other, spooning before they go to sleep. Chaerin turns her back to him and snuggled closer. Sighing before telling him of her deepest thoughts. He likes these moments, its the time where she bares herself down to him - only to him.

 

"Dara's baby is so adorable." He squirms, it's the talk again. It has always been like this ever since they've entered the third year of their relationship. It was emphasized more when their friends had married off and started spurting out little minions. It's like a menstrual cycle, present without fail every damn month and he'll just have to navigate through it safely. And of course, the safest reply - 

 

 

"I know." 


 

There was silence after, each drowned in their own thoughts, one of want, the other of reluctance. Seunghyun did not dare respond, he doesn't want to give false hope and admit right then and there that he's simply not ready. He did not want her to get hurt, but he knows it's too late because she shifted slightly and removed her body some inches away from him before sighing and attempting to fall sleep.

 

 

"I want one, someday." she whispers quietly that Seunghyun almost missed it. Both of them hadn't slept well that night.

 

 

The morning after, Seunghyun woke up to kisses showered lazily on his neck. He smiles at the gesture because he knew it was Chaerin's way of saying sorry for pushing it a little bit harder last night - and he was sorry too that he still can't face it, so he languidly pulls her closer and kiss her in return.

 

When he opens his eyes, he was greeted by one of her sincerest smile and he knew they were okay again.  He was so happy that he had seduced her into rounds of love making, and Chaerin didn't complain either.

 

 

He thought he'd succeeded in getting the ideas of babies out of Chaerin's mind; but everytime they go out now, their friends can't help but gush about their children, about being parents and about their plans in the future to have more. Seunghyun would significantly quiet down when this topic is brought up or he would excuse himself. He becomes impatient and irritated, especially with their former leader. That sodding Jiyong has become more arrogant now that he's got a princess to spoil. And Dara, despite the obvious eye bags under her eyes, is glowing. She's positively esctatic and motherhood looked good on her - which fed Jiyong's ego further. He has one beautiful family. He could sense the jealously creep into Chaerin again, - and as usual, it had resulted to rough . It had become more frequent than a monthly cycle too, it has felt like an occasional headache and it had pushed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter