4.

Perfectly Unhappy

Eyoung stare at her laptop screen. The pictures from her camera are still in the process of transferring to her laptop. She plops her body to her bed. She stares and the ceiling and her mind remembers the incident that happens at school and about the picture she took. She turns her body to the side, facing the window. Her gaze fall upon the stars and her mind slowly drifted to the conversation that she had with her housemates at the restaurants.

Eyoung and her two friends, Nana and Lizzy are now enjoying their dinner at an expensive Italian restaurant since Nana insists on treating them.

The girls were busy chatting amongst themselves when Lizzy brought up an interesting topic.

“Ya~” she said, and the other girls look at her. She take a piece of pizza and look at them, “Do you guys think that its easy to tell whether someone is hurting?”

Nana, who is confused with Lizzy’s questions, furrowed her eyebrows. Eyoung also had a confuse look on since she doesn’t really know what her friend his rambling about.

Lizzy sigh and shook her head. She knew that her friends can be a clueless sometimes and she have to explain clearly. “What I mean is, is it easy to find out when someone is sad?” just when Nana was about to answer her Lizzy puts her hand’s up and stop her. “I know you are just going to said yes. But think about it. Of course you will find out when it is obvious, but what if it’s not? What if the sadness is veiled with a smile?”

Nana stops eating and appear to be thinking really hard. Eyoung also stops what she is doing as well. Something about Lizzy’s question made her mind to drift to Jinyoung. After what happens at school, she can’t help but to wonder if the happy Jinyoung she saw everyday is just an act.

The silences that engulf them are finally broken by the eldest, Nana. “You know, the eyes can always tell.” She said matter of factly.”When you are lying the eyes tell the truth. Eyes are mirrors of the soul anyway.”

Lizzy and Eyoung nodded but Lizzy seems to be thinking. “ But, I happen to came across this word before.” The other two girls look at her questioningly. “You know, they say there are different ways to hide sadness, fools hide them in their eyes while the wise one hides them in their smiles.”

“Well, smiles can hide thousand pains anyway,” Eyoung said and everyone agreed. Eyoung take a bite on her pizza when she felt that she really wants to ask something. “

“But, can I ask you guys something?”

“Shoot for it” Nana said while eyeing Eyoung curiously.

“Is it possible for a perfectly happy person to be extremely sad and you know maybe secretly hating his life?”

Nana places her elbow on the table and rests her chin on it. “Of course it’s possible.”

“Yup honey, of course it’s possible.” Lizzy agreed.

Eyoung’s face is filled with questions and confusion. Lizzy find her expression funny that she can’t help but chuckles.

“Aigoo~~”

Nana laughs and reaches out to pat Eyoung’s head. “Little Youngie is still young and naïve.” Eyoung glare at her and slaps her hand away.

“It’s possible, because you didn’t know if he really is happy in the first place.” Lizzy said, pointing her fork out at Eyoung. “You know, the perfectly happy person that you saw could just be a mask.”

“Plus, he could be putting it up because that’s exactly what everyone wanted to see. You know sometimes, if a person has been putting them on for too long its kinda hard to just abandoned them” Nana added.

“And it is worse if they act all happy and strong.” Lizzy added.

Eyoung can’t help but to be lost and curious as to what Lizzy meant.

Nana positioned her sit so that she can look Eyoung straight in the eye. Her tone then becomes very serious that it sends chills down her spine. “It’s worst because when you are always happy and strong, people often forget to ask you how you feel.  They will neglect your feelings and-“

“And they will assume that you will always be happy.” Lizzy cuts in. Nana rolled her eyes and scoff, clearly annoyed because she was interrupted and Lizzy can help but giggles siliently.

Nana regains her composure and looks at Eyoung again. “Youngie-ah, I don’t know why you ask this suddenly but if you happen to know someone who is putting a happy façade all the time, you have to lend a helping hand. Ask them whether they are ok or not.”

Lizzy nodded and concern is clearly heard in her voice. “Because, a person can look so strong and brave that we often forget that they are suffering silently.”

Eyoung blink her eyes and brought her attention back to her laptop. She clicks on the picture of Jinyoung and click the zoom in button. Her heart breaks a little when her eyes landed on his face. He looks so worn out. The smile is no longer on his face. The happiness that always decorates his face is replaced by a look that is full of sadness. He looks so miserable, so broken.

Seeing the guy that inspires her being so broken leave her speechless. She can't help but wonder how can someone like him, someone who is so perfect be so broken?. But then, Lizzy’s word rings in her mind. “A person can look so strong and brave that we often forget that they are suffering silently.”

As she keeps on pondering over their conversations, Eyoung has made up her mind. She want to get to know him well and she wants to help him. Because now she knows that the guy who always serve as a miracle to everyone needs a miracle to happen in his life.


Okay~I will leave you guys with double update!! hehe because i will be very busy and i dont think i will be updating soon. I hope you guys will wait patiently okay?

xoxo,

CocoaLuv