Final

It should have been me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Minseok.

A warm smile lit upon my face as I heard his name being mentioned. Flashbacks of old,precious memories that we had shared flooded my mind, as if it's mocking me.

That one particular day kept on rewinding on my mind like a broken tape. The day that I wish could turn back to, the day that I regretted.

I remembered it was a beautiful spring day. The trees were getting greener after shedding its leaves during the cold winter and the flowers were blossoming gorgeously under the warm sun. We were sitting on the bench at the park we usually hang out together.

It has always been our favorite place to have our morning coffee every weekend. The reason why I like the park was because not only it gave me comfort, it also offered the best scenery amongst any other place in the city. The sound of children happily playing with each other and the sight of people roaming around were really eye soothing amidst the crowded hectic city.

“Hyemi,” He called my name as he looked up at the beautiful sky.

“Hmm..,” I hummed in response as I sipped my Iced Cappuccino.

“I like you,” He blurted out.

Obliviously mistaken his affection was just a friendly gesture, I smiled at him.

“Of course you do. And I like you too. If we hate each other, we wouldn’t be friends would we?”I giggled.

When I faced him, his face looked stern showing his furrowed brows. I was tad bit confused for the way he acted as he’s always the happy one and I’m the sourpuss. It took me a mere second before I realized what he really meant, that his feelings towards me was more than just friends.

“But Minseok...I…we…,” I can’t stop stuttering as I was shocked by his sudden confession.

Our gaze locked for a while, his pleading eyes with mine. Yes, he is indeed handsome. Any girl would fall for him. But that time, I was shamelessl

Please log in to read the full chapter