Having Hope in a midst of a Tragedy

The Tragedy of a Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Since the first day of school, I’ve started strategizing where to go around school and avoid Jongin at all times. All I’ve done was running away from him and keep a stay distance from him—heck, I can’t even be in the same room with him. Of course, I had to tell my friends about me avoiding him but they’re all sad that I decided to because they still think that we’re a perfect couple but I don’t know how I should prove them wrong.

  Obviously, he sees me getting away from him since it’s really not hard to get noticed when you’re trying to run away especially when your friends are still dragging you to come with them. Eventually, I snapped and told them off that I didn’t want to be involved with him anymore and thankfully, they agreed that even they won’t try to involve us anymore. If they didn’t, I would be terribly annoyed and God knows what I’d do next if they won’t stop.

  Speaking of being annoyed, this just happened after two weeks of avoiding him and I was doing such a good job when he and Tao had to come into my class before I could leave with the other girls. I assume they were going to get Baekhyun and I also wanted to run away at that time but if Chen didn’t dump all of my things on my table I would’ve left the class first thing not because I want to get away from him but getting away from Tao.

  Tao and I… aren’t in good terms. He’s like this class jerk you just hate but still everybody else loves him just because he’s cool. I didn’t know what got us into this term but we have mutual hate feelings towards each other you can’t imagine how great the hate energy is. And what makes our hate stronger is that he keeps bringing up the fact that I liked his friend and that entirely ruins everything with my plan trying to avoid and forget… see, I don’t even have the guts to say his name.

  The forgetting part is hard since I always remember. It’s not my fault—the memory literally lingers in my mind like when I’m doing a math problem I suddenly remembered what happened two months ago and it frustrates me so much I hate it. I also decided not to look at my two volumes of diaries anymore because those are filled with memories and dreams with him so it’s better for me to not read them anymore. I even warned all of my friends not bring us up anymore otherwise they would not have their English assignment to be done last week and thankfully they listened to me.

  Two weeks after school started, all I’ve ever did was running away from him and I thought that it was a full-proof plan because the only classes we shared was physical education but the boys and the girls were separated so thank God and I did my research where he would be whenever I’m out in the halls thanks to Amber who’s in his class, I know some part of their timetable.

  But right now, in this situation… I have nowhere to run now.

  Apparently the teachers’ are having an emergency meeting and they have no choice but to combine some classes together and let the interns take care of us and I don’t know who’s great idea it was for my class to be combined with his because this is such a wrong move. Like right now, I have my back facing him and I could practically feel him watching me.

  “Oh my gosh, Krystal he is totally looking at you,” Sulli dipped her head forward to me and whispered to me excitingly and I glared at her. Amber took hold of her hand and shook her head, warning her to not go any further with that. I’m so glad she understands me because if she didn’t, they all would go on and on about it and I would not have the end of it.

  “Can I just get out of here already?” I asked with a tiny voice as Luna and Amber glanced at each other. “I don’t think that you can now,” said Luna slowly as she eyed the substitute intern. I craned my head towards the teacher’s table and saw her holding a mirror as she flounced up her hair and casting flirtatious looks at the boys in the room as they all cringe in horror. Sometimes I wonder what kind of interns this school takes these days…

  My eyes suddenly drifted to him and I was right about him watching me so I quickly turned my head away and tried calming myself down and held back a scream because it’s already happening. I think I’m having a panic attack because it always works for me to block him away from my mind whenever I suddenly remembering him but now that we’re in the same room, I think it’s impossible that I could.

  “I have to go now,” I said as I stood up from my seat and I actually have the guts to pass him just to get over to the teacher’s table. “May I be excused?” I asked her straightforwardly, ignoring the fact that I could still feel his gaze on me. The intern eyed me up and down and saw how distressed I am—I suppose she did, and gave me the hallway pass. I snatched it and shuffled out of the classroom immediately.

  I didn’t think that I would’ve done it, but I totally ran as fast as I could away from the classroom. Tears were now b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter