The Change of a Lifetime

The Tragedy of a Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Okay, so turns out only Jessica is moving back to San Francisco—which means I’m staying, which is a good thing because that means I get to create more memories and have fun with Jongin like I did last semester! Well, only I had fun—I don’t know about him but I reckon he had fun, as well I mean… who doesn’t enjoy charades, right?

  It’s the first day of the new semester and I am so pumped today you can’t imagine how excited I am. I could barely sleep at all last night because I couldn’t stop thinking about all the possibilities in school like the things I’ve planned for English club since last semester, Mrs. Park made me the club’s facilitator and I totally deserve the job because the previous seniors that took over the club before were so lame you couldn’t stand being in the club for another fifteen minutes.

  But now that they’re gone, it’s now my reign and I’m very excited to have fun with the other members since I’m only known by other people in the club—not outside of it; sad, right? Well, I don’t need people who think I’m a freak anyways—they’re missing out, a lot.

  My heart was thumping like mad when I stepped inside the school grounds like I wanted to turn around and run home but at the same time I wanted to stay and live in the school forever but seriously… who wants that? I swear—if I saw the first person that I know once I’m in the halls, I would hug them to death. And since all students are compulsory to attend to the assembly first thing in the morning, I decided to head to the hall… alone before I meet my prey.

  And I found my target already.

  “Sulli!” I exclaimed as I glomped behind her and she grunted. “What the heck, Krystal?” Sulli demanded—not in a mean way or anything, but in an annoyed-with-my-best-friend-but-I-still-love-her way. “I missed you, you know,” I pouted and she just rolled her eyes at me. “We talked on the phone yesterday,” she recalled and narrowed her eyes at me.

  “So? We hardly even met during break,” I also pointed out and she gave me one of her infamous looks. “You’ve gotten taller,” I eyed her from head to toe and she smiled pleasantly. “Well, guess the calcium finally kicked in,” she just shrugged and I shook my head at her. “Come on—let’s go to the hall,” I held her hand but she yanked it away before I could pull her with me.

  “I’m waiting for my brother—you go ahead, I’ll meet you there,” she said and I sighed at her. “Okay—see you later,” I just flailed my hand at her as I went along the hallway, knowing that I could meet up with her again later. Well, at least I get to hug her—even though she doesn’t like it.

  On the way to the hall, I got excited when I saw a very familiar tall figure turning around the corner of the other side of the hall. There he was—Kim Jongin, in his entire marvel as I looked at him dreamily. I may sound like a love-sick little naïve girl—although I’m right about being naïve and a girl—I’m actually not obsessed with him like any other girl would.

 Like—I didn’t know what happened but two years ago, when I first liked him and everyone was so ignorant towards him, other people started taking interest in him. I didn’t like that because I’m kind of possessive when it comes to having crushes and Jongin is such an easy target to be unnoticeable, why not? I mean—it’s not like anybody else is interested in him, yet. Seriously, I don’t understand why other people never noticed him before;  he stands out too much, for me.

  “Hi, Jongin,” I cheerfully greeted him—waved even and he did saw me but then flicked his eyes away from me, not bothering to greet me back. Did he just ignore me? I stopped on my tracks and gaped. I craned my neck and only saw a glimpse of his back around the corner of the hallway. It’s not that this is the first time he ignored me or anything—most of the time, he shyly ignores me because he doesn’t know what to say but this ignorance is… different like, he’s annoyed with me or some sort.

  I just shook my head and continued walking to the hall. Something is going to happen—I can feel it in my guts like all that excitement this morning suddenly disappeared. I’m sick to my stomach now; I don’t know what to expect later and I don’t want to know because I’m afraid that something bad is going to happen.

  In the hall, I was seated but damn—I’m still worried of what would happen later. “Hey, you’re okay?” I heard a voice beside me before I jumped a bit. “Oh, Baekhyun—it’s just you,” I saw him as he gave me a small smile and sat beside me. “What’s wrong; were you expecting someone else?” he asked me and I shook my head.

  “I’m really worried,” I said as I gripped the hem of my skirt pass my knees. “About what?” he asked again and I looked at him distressfully. “That’s the thing; I don’t know,” I muttered and frowned when his expression suddenly changed. “Oh—well, I’m sure it would be… fine later,” he said as he looked away from me, avoiding eye co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter