A four tiered cake

Flower Boy Bake Shop

“He still has that thing?” Myungsoo asked looking at the snoring lump (Woohyun) on the booth in the corner of the dining area.

Dongwoo walked up to see what his brother was talking about. “Oh!” he exclaimed. “It’s Momo!”

Woohyun had passed out after baking up a storm, moments after Bonnie had him. He couldn’t sleep. The events of that night/early morning stoked a fire in his veins that wouldn’t die down. Only after baking almost twice his usual amount, did he finally succumb to sleep, but not before he brought out his age-old, little companion into the dream realm, Momo, a stuffed rabbit that used to be white but his fur had browned with age and was matted down by the amount of love (and smothering) Woohyun had given it over the years.  Woohyun stirred in his sleep and rubbed his cheek against Momo’s squished face. “I love you,” he murmured under his breath.

Dongwoo knelt down and brought his face close to Woohyun’s. “Aw! I love you too,” Dongwoo responded, his voice an octave higher than usual in an attempt to make it sound like Momo was talking back. He lifted Momo’s ears and brushed them across Woohyun’s face.

“Really?” Woohyun giggled.

Myungsoo wanted to join in on the game and knelt next to Dongwoo. “Do you want a kiss?” Myungsoo asked in a squeaky voice. Woohyun nodded, his eyes tightly shut and his lips slightly puckering. Dongwoo was biting the insides of his cheeks to hold in his rising laughter as Myungsoo’s lips were nearing Woohyun’s. However, they never touched, and Myungsoo stopped just hovering over his cousin, their faces only millimeters apart. Woohyun’s eyes blinked open, curious as to why his promised kiss never came. He screamed when his eyes met with Myungsoo’s, and he shoved his cousin away with a hard push. “Ew! Gross!” Woohyun shouted wiping his mouth. “That’s !”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as Dongwoo rolled on the floor with a fit of laughter. “We didn’t kiss, so stop freaking out,” Myungsoo told Woohyun who was now wiping his mouth on Momo. “When did you come home anyways? Dongwoo and I didn’t see you come in.”

Woohyun stopped, his cheeks quickly reddening. "Late."

His cousins stared at him blankly for a few seconds. The blush gave him away, they knew exactly what must have transpired last night, more exactly what he had done with his lips. Then they turned towards each other. Dongwoo held out his hand. Myungsoo sighed and took out his wallet, carefully counting out money before putting it in his brother's hand. "I can't believe I lost," the little brother grumbled under his breath.

Dongwoo laughed loudly. "I told you. I TOLD YOU ALL! They were going to get together by the end of the week, but nooo. You thought two weeks. And Yeol said it would take a month. Jjong was naive and said a whole year. But I told you a week. I guess no one knows Nam-goon like I do," he ended by winking at the stunned baker sitting in the booth still clutching onto his stuffed bunny. 

Woohyun stood up. "Yah yah yah!" he yelled pointing at his cousins. "You guys bet on me and Tokki-ssi?" The two were stunned and afraid to move because of Woohyun's sudden outburst.

Dongwoo handed over some of his earnings. "I guess I owe you some of this because I wouldn't have won without you. Thank you," he said sweetly trying to calm down the beast.

Woohyun took the money and put it in his pocket. "Damn straight you owe me," he cursed but his tone was more jovial especially with the new additions lying in his wallet.

"So when's Bonnie coming over today?" Myungsoo innocently asked. "I don't see her around here either." He was so used to the writer being around the last few days that he'd even got her coffee this morning. Without her, the bakery already felt a little emptier.

The smile left Woohyun's face. "She has a real job, you know. She can't spend all her time here," he mumbled angrily.

"Soooo...not today," Myungsoo concluded.

"I don't know," Woohyun spat. "I'm going into the kitchen to bake and do...other...bake-y things." He then left without even glancing at his cousins.

Dongwoo whistled lowly and faced his brother. "Must have ended poorly last night."

"Bad kiss?" Myungsoo suggested. "Hyung hasn't dated in awhile. He's probably forgotten how to." 

"Maybe he was never good at it to begin with. He's probably the type to talk while kissing," Dongwoo joked.

Myungsoo laughed loudly. "Right! He'd probably be like 'Wow! This feels nice, doesn't it feel nice?' " he said in a low voice, trying to mimic Woohyun's.

"You're my destiny," Dongwoo said seriously in his best Woohyun voice, cupping Myungsoo's cheeks.

Myungsoo reciprocated the action, cupping his brother's cheeks. "No, you're MY destiny." Then they both burst into laughter, having fun at their cousin's expense.

While his cousins were debating his skinship capabilities, Woohyun rested his head on the cold metallic countertop in the kitchen. The chilly surface against his warm skin had a calming effect on him, helping him to gather his thoughts. Later, she said later. Does that mean today or tomorrow or the day after that? Or 50 years from now after she's married with kids, Woohyun's thoughts spun around his head, worsening his mood. To him, last night was amazing. The kiss had meant something for him, a whole lot of something. He hadn't felt so much for a woman in a while. And with her innocence, he felt like he was experiencing his first love again. But when she dropped him off, she acted distant, distracted. Hopefully she didn't feel regret.

Woohyun lifted his head and looked at Momo who was sitting in Bonnie's chair. "You love me, don't you?" he asked desperately.

Momo fell out of the chair.


“I don’t think that I can finish the article,” Bonnie declared. She was standing in Sungkyu’s office, who was busy editing another article when Bonnie suddenly barged into his office.

He put down the article and looked at Bonnie incredulously. “Why? Is there a problem?” he asked. “If Hyunnie is giving you any trouble, I can yell at him for you,” he offered with a cheeky smile as he reached for the phone on his desk.

“That won’t be necessary,” Bonnie rejected with a shake of her head. “He’s been very cooperative. We’ve been getting along very well.” A little too well.

“Then what is it?” Sungkyu asked with a worried look on his face. Bonnie studied her boss carefully. There was a point in time where she would be overjoyed to see Sungkyu worry over her. She would have given anything to see him cheekily smile like he did before. A smile that used to melt her heart. The smile that she hadn’t thought about in a long time. She didn’t know when Sungkyu had left her thoughts and her heart, but she was pretty sure that aligned with another event.

“I love him,” Bonnie admitted with a resigned sigh. “I love Woohyun.” She sat down at a seat in front of the oak desk and buried her hands into her hair as she hung her head. “How can I write a proper article now? Everything I write now will be skewed because I fell for the stupid assignment.” She looked up at a stunned Sungkyu. “And it’s not just Woohyun,” she confessed. “It’s all of them: Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong too. I love them all! You were right. They did deserve a second look.” Bonnie hung her head so low that he chin hit her chest. “What kind of writer am I? I’m supposed to remain objective. Now everything’s ruined.”

All the sudden, she felt a hand patting her on the back. Bonnie looked to the side and saw Sungkyu kneeling next to her, comforting her. “No it’s not,” he reassured her. “Bonnie-ssi, this will be the best article you’ve ever written because your heart is in the right place this time.” He stood up and returned back behind his desk. “Plus you’re always honest to a fault, and people eat up romantic pieces. Imagine the reaction the public would have to your genuine, heartfelt confession to the local heartthrob baker. I might win an award for this. I mean, we might win an award for this.”

Bonnie sat up straight, cocked her head to the side, and crossed her arms. “If I didn’t know any better, it’s almost like you knew this would happen,” she accused him as she narrowed her eyes.

Sungkyu smiled cheekily again. “I had my suspicions.”


Sungjong peaked through the swinging door, peering into the kitchen. "Hyung is insane." He pulled out his head and turned to Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo right behind him. "He's feeding that dingy stuffed animal now. He does know that it's not real, right?"

Sungyeol pushed him out of the way. "Let me see!" he commanded. And almost immediately after he put his head in the kitchen, he pulled it right out again. "Nope. Nope. I'm pretty sure he thinks that thing is alive," his voice sounded slightly scared. "He was just kissing it...and I don't mean a peck. Like a full on kiss."

Myungsoo pushed his friend out of the way. "Let me see!" He looked in and after a few seconds he pulled his head out and looked at Dongwoo. "I think we were wrong about the kissing. He knows what he's doing."

Dongwoo sighed and shook his head. "Tokki-ssi needs to come back soon before Woohyun loses it," he muttered under his breath.


Bonnie sat in front of her computer with her head in her hands. Now after meeting with Sungkyu, she felt more pressure than ever. She had to write a retraction, a new review, and more importantly a heart-tugging confession. And the last time she confessed, to Daehyun, her life spirled out of control. Her heart was beating uncomfortably fast, and it felt like it was trying to leap out of . She needed a distraction. So she finally finished Flower Boy Ramyun Shop...and she cried.

The owner who built the main girl a family, who was always by her side, was dumped for a teenager with an attitude problem. And to top it all off, the ramyun shop owner just left mysteriously, and no one seemed to care. But Bonnie cared. She cared a whole lot. When she had first watched the drama, she pegged Woohyun as the womanizing selfish teen, but he was the tall, handsome owner all along. And with that recognition, her heart sank even more. He wouldn't disappear like the guy in the drama did, would he? He wouldn't reject her like Daehyun did? But what if...Woohyun really wasn't the owner, but that damned teenager like she initially thought, and all of this was a ploy to get a good review?

"Tokki, stop it," Bonnie reprimanded herself, smacking the sides of her head with the heels of her palms. "Great, even I'm calling myself Tokki now." Bonnie turned her head and something caught her eye, the picture of her and her family at her parents' 25th wedding anniversary. And she remembered the look in Woohyun's eye when she told him...everything. That was all she needed for encouragement to write.

She opened up a new document on her laptop and placed her hands at the keys. 

"Dear readers, you're going to read something that you wouldn't see from most opinion columnist/critics: I was wrong. I was very wrong. Want to read something more surprising? I'm in love. I'm in love with Flower Boy Bake Shop, whose pastries I first described as lackluster but are quickly starting to improve in quality and show great promise. I'm in love with its employees who devote their lives to provide a pleasant experience with their patrons and engage in a game of pretend with them. But most of all, from the bottom of my heart, from the tips of my toes to the hair on my head, I wholly love its baker, Nam Woohyun..."


“Well, how is it?” Bonnie asked.

It was Friday morning, and Sungkyu nodded as he looked at her most recent draft of the article. Damn, he was good at his job. He was really good at his job. He had accurately predicted that things would turn out this way. But it wasn’t all based on intuition; it was largely based on his own experience. Woohyun was a unique creature, the only person Sungkyu knew who could charm his worst enemy. And the editor had empirically concluded that the amount a person disliked Woohyun at first was directly proportional to the amount the person  would come to like him. When Sungkyu first met Woohyun during their university days, he absolutely hated him, but years later, Sungkyu would come to call him his best friend. Bonnie, on the other hand, and was evident in her first article, loathed Woohyun. So this was the natural outcome: the most compelling article Sungkyu had read in years.

"Let's print it this Sunday with that picture you took with them. You guys practically look like lovebirds in it," he said with a giggle handing the article back to her.

Bonnie smirked, taking the papers back from his hands. "I'm glad that I got the Energy Prince's approval," she teased and even blew him a kiss.

The smile fled from her boss's face. "I think Woohyun has been a bad influence on you, Bonnie-ssi."


The weekend had crept along for both Woohyun and Bonnie. Bonnie was busy in her office, cleaning up the article, steeling herself for the reaction that would come from it. But mostly she hid. She hid like a little rabbit in its burrow, waiting for the coldness to end and for the sun to come out again. On Sunday, Woohyun would know her heart (that is if Sungkyu hadn't shared the article with his best friend yet). Would he accept it?

And then there was Woohyun who immersed himself in baking, trying all of these insane recipes and weird flavor combinations. Cakes lined the walls of the kitchen, all waiting for Bonnie to taste them and give him her honest opinion. But for now, he had Momo. Momo who was now dirtier than ever with icing coating his fur. And the flower boys were safely keeping their distance from him, wondering if the baker started to date the stuffed animal like some men date those anime pillows. But now, all Woohyun could do was wait for later.

Then Sunday came and the article came out.


Bonnie was sitting in the cubicle her head in her hands. Earlier she had unplugged her office phone. It had been ringing off the hook ever since she entered the office. All of them from the concerned 'girlfriends' and Ahjummahs, wondering how their beloved Woohyun had responded. Some of them were words of congratulations and well-wishes, and others were death threats. Not a single one contained the voice she most wanted to hear. But it was still early...for the rest of the world. But Woohyun had been up for hours already. He probably should have seen the article by now. Why hasn't she heard from him yet? She thought back to the sleezy teenager in the drama.

Something hard hit her head, a crumpled piece of paper. She unraveled it and read:

Tokki,

Get out of your damn rabbit hole and look up!

She looked up to see Howon peeking over their shared wall. “I've been up here for a while," he complained with pouting lips. Then he showed her the cover of her section, the picture of her with the flower boys. "Nice article. It made Aine cry,” he praised but later undercut, “mostly because she had to read about her older sister’s love life in a newspaper instead of hearing it from you herself.”

“I know,” Bonnie sighed. “She’s been sending me angry texts all morning.” The cellphone next to her elbow began to vibrate angrily. “And that would be her again,” she groaned as she picked up the phone and read her most recent message.

“Tell her that I didn’t know anything about it,” Howon pleaded, his eyebrows touching his hairline as he tried to read the text. “She doesn’t believe me. I mean, I have my own job to do, so it’s not like all I do here is gossip with you about your love life. Hell, I had no idea you would even like that kid. He still doesn’t seem like your type. Not like I know what your type is anyway. Like I said before, I have my own job to do, so I can’t sit here and gossip about your love life all day. Besides, I thought you were still crushing on our boss. Whatever happened to that? And—Tokki, what’s wrong?” Midway through his rant, he realized Bonnie was sitting there with her head in her hands, sighing as if she wanted to exhale her soul from her body. “He hasn’t contacted you yet, has he? Worried that he might not feel the same way?”

Bonnie’s head shot up. Her eyes glistened. “Why would you say that?!” she whined.

Howon looked shocked and pointed a finger at her. “You were thinking it!”

Bonnie stood up. “Well, yea, but you didn’t have to go and say that!” she yelled as she stormed out of her cubicle.

Problem was that she had no where else to escape. All eyes were following her where she went. She heard them whisper her name and his. She saw them start to approach her. Bonnie picked up her pace and hopped to the only place she knew no one would follow her, the bathroom. She ran into an open stall and shut the door. After sitting on the toilet, she groaned. She didn’t mean to yell, but her nerves were raw and her Irish temper got the better of her. Ever since the newspaper went to print, doubts began to swirl around and overcome her thoughts. What if Woohyun was the womanizing baker that she originally thought he was? What if everything was just a ploy so that he could get a better review? What if she had been fooled in love again?


"Nam-goon! NAM-GOON!" Dongwoo yelled as he clambered down the stairs. After reaching the bottom of the stairs, he ran in front of Woohyun, panting and wheezing. "The...the girlfriends...they stole it!" he spat out in between breaths.

Woohyun put down the bowl he was mixing with and wiped his hands. "Stole what?"

Then all of the sudden, Myungsoo broke in through the side door with a mountain of newspapers in his arms. "Don't worry hyung. I found some more," Myungsoo announced proudly. Then he plopped them onto the table. "I bought some more just in case."

"In case of what?" Woohyun asked, completely lost. Why would they ever need 15 copies of the same newspaper?

"It's Bonnie's article. It's out," Dongwoo said, finally regaining his breath.

Woohyun froze. Dongwoo walked up to him, opened his arms, and placed a newspaper into his hands, opened to the page of the article. The brothers gathered at both of the baker's sides and read over his shoulders. Woohyun could feel both of their breaths tickle his neck as they mumbled the words of the articles. With a deep breath, he gathered the courage to read it.

He only read the first paragraph before he was out the door.


“Hello, my little To…kki," Woohyun stepped inside of Bonnie's cubicle, but didn't see the writer anywhere. He looked around and even under her desk just to make sure that she wasn't hiding somewhere. He stood up after looking on his knees under the desk. "Is she not here?” he mumbled under his breath.

“Oh, it’s Namu!” he heard a familiar voice call out from above him.

Woohyun looked around curiously and his eyes fell on his favorite sports reporter. “Oh, it’s Hoya!” he exclaimed with a wave.

“Yah!" Howon yelled with a big smile on his face. "Only close friends and family can call me that.”

“Who knows?" Woohyun said sheepishly. His cheeks were growing hot, and he kicked the carpet with his foot. "We might be family soon.”

Howon's smile widened, and he rested his head on the edge of the cubicle wall. “You’re accepting Tokki’s confession?” he asked.

“Yep," the baker answered. Then he chuckled. "But it’s kinda hard when she’s not here. Where is she?”

“The bathroom," Howon replied looking off into the direction of the toliets. He gazed down at Woohyun again. "Actually, she’s been in there for a while. Like unnaturally long.”

Woohyun's heart quickened and his stomach churned, recalling what she had told him the last time they talked. Today, she was probably under a lot of stress, and he had been late coming here because his newspaper was stolen. Had she thought that he had rejected her like Daehyun?

“Huh? The bathroom?!" his voice raised a couple of decibels. He pointed at the sports writer threateningly. "You let her go to the bathroom?!”

Howon automatically shot his hands up into the air, like a criminal giving himself up to a cop, and Woohyun's finger did look at scary as a gun right now. “Uh, should I not?” Howon asked.

“Yes!" Woohyun put down his finger. But the murderous look did not leave his eyes. "Do you have any idea what she’s probably doing in there?” he growled.

“Um, I try not to think about it," Howon answered in a dazed voice. Then he thought for a few moments before replying, "Well, considering how long she’s been in there, she’s probably taking a shi—and I’m talking to myself!" Woohyun had left in the middle of Howon's well-thought out reply. The sports writer looked around the empty cubicle and squinted his eyes as he peered down the hall. "Where the hell did he go?”


It took him a while and a few wrong turns to find the women's bathroom, but as soon as he did. He ripped open the door without a second thought or a care for decorum. He looked under every stall door until he saw a pair of little green shoes tapping away nervously on the tile floor, like a bunny thumping it's legs.

"Bonnie! Bonnie, open up!" he commanded as he knocked on the stall door. "I know you’re in here!"

Bonnie lifted her head from her hands. "Woo-woohyun-ssi?" her voice stammered out of shock. What would he be doing here? Maybe she was hearing things?

She wasn't because Woohyun's deep (and angry) voice sounded from the other side, "Yes, it’s me. Now open up! You don’t have to do this to yourself!" 

The writer stood up and opened the door. She saw Woohyun's eyes darting all over her form, scanning her. She cocked her head, completely confused. "Do what?" she asked.

Woohyun didn't even bother answering her. He brushed past her and looked into the toliet. It was empty. Then he faced her again and took her hand into his. Bringing up her hand to his eye-level, he studied her finger tips, looking for any sign, any slick coating. They were perfectly dry. Then he forced open with his pointer fingers and looked deeply into the dark cavern, even giving it a sniff. Nothing, except for it smelled minty fresh. He pulled back from her, defeated. He had apparently jumped to the wrong conclusion and now subsequently embarrassed himself and accused her of relapsing into bad habits again.

"What were you doing in here?" he asked, not able to contain his curiosity.

"Wallowing in self-pity," Bonnie answered honestly, slightly embarrassed herself for acting like a teenager, sulking off into the bathroom to avoid drama. She looked up at Woohyun. "Why? What did you think I was doing?"

Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck and his skin grew hot. "Well…you know…about you said the other night with the..." he gestured gagging himself. He looked down, avoiding her eyes, preparing for her to yell at him 'Don't say things like that' and storming off. But instead, he felt arms slip around his waist and her head nuzzling into his chest. He smiled and wrapped his own arms around her, gripping her tightly.

"Thank you," her voice was muffled against his wool sweater.

Woohyun chuckled at the feeling of her voice bouncing off his skin. "For what?"

Her fingers played with the hem of his sweater at his back nervously. Her cheek pressed hard against the abrasive wool. "For being here. Being you," she answered meekly.

"Of course I’d be here. I’ll always be here," he reassured her, rubbing circles into her back. Bonnie laughed. And he did too. This situation was a little odd and the setting unromantic. "Well, not here in the girls’ bathroom, but here by your side."

Bonnie happily hummed at that sentiment and regretfully began to pull herself way from him. But she needed too. "We should probably get out of here," she said. There was bound to be some unsuspecting woman to barge into the restroom and would be unsettled to find this scene of a man and woman innocently snuggling by the bathroom sinks.

"I know the perfect place," Woohyun said, letting her body go, but gripped onto her hand. He began to pull her out of the restroom.

"I just meant out of the bathroom, but okay. Where are we going?" she asked as they finally left the tiled room and returned to the cubicle filled office and was confronted with a large group of people gathered outside the bathroom door wondering what all the fuss and yelling was about. Even Sungkyu joined the crowd after hearing the rumor that the baker had torn the bathroom door off its hinges (all lies sadly, that would have been cool to have seen).

"Gyu-hyung!" Woohyun called out to the boss. He raised his hand that was holding Bonnie's. "I’m taking Tokki-ssi out for lunch! We might be back later." And with that, the couple ran off to avoid the gazes of their peers.

"Okay," Sungkyu answered, slightly stunned at his friend's sudden statement. Then the words finally registered. "Wait, might be back. Yah! Nam Woohyun!


"Really? You made it sound like we were going somewhere exciting," Bonnie teased. She found herself again in the kitchen of Flower Boy Bake Shop. They had snuck in through the side door, unbeknownst to everyone else.

"Don’t worry I can make it exciting." Woohyun retorted wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. And to his delight, Bonnie blushed. "Come on sit here," he said pulling out her usual chair. But Momo was still on it. He quickly brushed the stuffed animal off of the seat and onto the floor, pretending to brush of the dust for his new girlfriend.

"What are we doing?" Bonnie asked, settling into her seat.

Woohyun walked over to the fridge and opened up the door. "We’re having our first official date," he answered as he poked his head into the cold air, searching for food.

"Oh! This is exciting!" Bonnie squealed, rubbing her hands together in delight.

Woohyun pulled his head out of the fridge and smiled at her the way he knew she liked. "I told you!"

Then he closed the door to reveal him carrying an armful of tupperware. He put some food on the countertop, and he grabbed the container filled with the soup and proceeded to heat it up. "Woah!" she said, her eyes wide, scanning all of the food laid out in front of her. "Are you trying to feed an army or do you normally eat this much?"

"No," he chuckled. He brought the soup back over in two bowls and sat down next to her. "I’m feeding you," he said, tapping her nose for emphasis.

Bonnie averted her gaze. "Woohyun-ssi…" her voice was shaking with apprehension.

Woohyun grabbed her wrists again and rubbed loving circles into her skin. She turned back to him "I want to make you healthy again," he murmured.

"I-I don’t know," she stuttered with a shake of her head. "It’s going to be hard. My head…my body is really messed up. I don’t know if I can."

Woohyun smirked mischievously. "I think I can find a way to make you eat." Bonnie raised an eyebrow but he didn't explain any further. He was busy for looking for something in the spread in front of him. Then he found it, a large red strawberry. He cut off the end and placed it in his mouth, holding the edges of it with his teeth. He turned to Bonnie and gestured to her to take it from his mouth. 

She giggled and brought close to his, taking the strawberry with her tongue. Their lips brushed. She pulled away and chewed on the fruit. After swallowing, Bonnie conceded to his great idea. "Maybe this will be easier than I thought. But what about the soup?" she challenged.

"I’ll feed it to you mama bird to baby bird," he quickly answered. He then put a large spoonful of the hot soup into his mouth and cupped Bonnie's cheeks, bringing her closer to him.

"Ew stop!" she yelled and laughed at the same time, placing her hands on his chest and pushed him away.

"Wa? Why? Wa’s wong?" he asked, mouth still full of soup.

"I’ll eat! I’ll eat it myself," she promised, shoveling spoonful after spoonful into . She then turned to Woohyun who finally swallowed with a big gulp. "That’s just gross."

But Woohyun didn't mind her little dig. Watching her eat the most he's ever seen her eat, made his chest swell up in pride. He couldn't restrain himself anymore and pecked her on the cheek. "Aigoo! That’s my girl. I love you," he cooed pecking her again for good measure. Bonnie started choking. "What? What’s wrong?" he asked, gently patting her back.

After the coughing ceased, she looked at him with wide eyes. "It’s the first time you’ve ever said it to me, and it sounded so casual," she answered with a stunned voice.

Woohyun shook his head. "I’m pretty sure that I’ve said it before," he argued.

Bonnie shook her head even harder. "I’m pretty sure that I would remember if you did," she retorted.

"Okay.Then how would you want me to say it?" he joked. "Like this?" he grabbed her hands. "Honey, I love you," he said dramatically. Bonnie giggled. "Or," he suggested getting down on knee. "I love you!" he sang loudly, holding the note for as long as he could. Bonnie rolled her eyes. Then Woohyun jumped up and bounced around, putting  bunny ears on his head. "Noona, I love you!" he said in a baby voice.

"All of them," Bonnie answered clapping her hands.

"All?" he asked in disbelief, sitting down.

"Mhmm." she nodded. "Everyday."

Woohyun snorted and pinched her cheek. "I remember that there was a time that you’d cringe when I said stuff like that. But now you can’t get enough of my greasiness."

Bonnie winced, remembering how closed off she was, how rude she was to him. But there was no reason for her to hide anymore. "You probably enjoy giving it as much as I enjoy receiving it," she teased, poking him back in the cheek.

"True," he admitted. "We’re quite the pair."

"It's about f***ing time!" Sungyeol yelled busting through the swinging door. "He was kissing a f***ing stuffed animal when you were gone. We thought he went crazy!"

Myungsoo followed close behind him. "Does this mean you're my sister now?" he asked Bonnie.

But before she could answer, Sungjong brushed past him. "More like cousin-in-law," he interjected.

"MOMO!" Dongwoo yelled, suddenly running to the spot where the grungy bunny laid lifelessly on the floor. He looked up to Woohyun with tears in his eyes. "After everything she's done for you in the past couple of days, you just throw her aside like this. You monster!"

Myungsoo ran over to join his brother and gingerly took Momo into his own hand. "Don't cry, Momo. Oppa will take care of you."

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "And they called me childish."

Bonnie peered, trying to catch a glimpse of the dirty bunny that Myungsoo was now protectively nuzzling into his chest and Dongwoo was patting its long ears. "Woohyun-ssi, who's Momo?" she asked with an amused smile.

"His one true love," Sungjong answered with a dead-panned expression.

"Yah! Don't you guys have jobs to do!" Woohyun yelled at all of the flower boys.


One year later, much had changed with the bakery. Bonnie, with Sungkyu's blessing, became a freelance writer, occasionally writing reviews, but she did have a weekly column entitled "My Life with the Flower Boys" about her daily life at the bakery. It was widely popular, mostly because it often included photos of the boys. And with Bonnie's refined palate and Woohyun's inventiveness, the bakery became known not only for its handsome servers, but for its unique (and delightful) flavors and textures of their food. Their 'fanbase' automatically expanded, and they were soon getting patrons of all types. And thusly the 'special service' slowly diminished, and they began to treat the customers normally (with the occasional heart throw here and there).

The final blow to the 'special service' was the fact that a few months after Bonnie joined the bakery full time, Sungyeol was discovered and was offered a role on a daily drama (a small one but Sungyeol kept arguing that there was 'no small roles, only small actors.' And he was in fact tall, so it was null and void). And like Woohyun had always expected, his friend preformed phenomenally, and the offers began to quickly roll in for Sungyeol. Which meant, he had to leave the bakery. It was a sad but happy day for everybody.

Howon also started to help out at the bakery and befriended the entire staff. He was said to not receive a prince nickname but was called 'Hoaegi' instead. Which much to his chagrin, his wife started to call him, albeit lovingly.

Bonnie, with a lot of help and love from Woohyun, was able to adopt proper eating habits and returned to a healthy weight (some doctors would call her slightly overweight, but to Woohyun she was perfect). Also with much encouragement, Woohyun did venture into making gluten-free desserts, eventually finding it a more satisfying challenging than trying to create new flavors.

But perhaps the biggest change for the bakery came almost exactly a year later when Bonnie and Woohyun got married. The ceremony was small, involving only their close friends and family, but it was the ceremony that the both of them had always dreamed of (well, that all of them ever dreamed of. The flower boys were very involved in the wedding planning).

But for Bonnie, the best part was the four-tiered cake that Woohyun had baked. It was covered entirely in hearts, and he claimed that each heart represented something that he loved about her (and when she challenged him to prove it, he almost did, but she stopped him at the 32nd heart because she was blushing too much). However, the best part about the cake wasn't how it looked or how it tasted, but it was the fact that it was gluten-free and low in sugar, that Woohyun could enjoy it with her. And a dessert is always sweeter when you share it with the one you love.