The Story.

Lucky

Amber's Point Of View

 

As I walked by the school's corridors, I hear many people teasing me. They call me "freak", "crazy", and "out of place" behind my back. It was because I'm a girl but I act as a guy. I wear boyish clothes and had my hair cut like a boy's, too. The other students also refer to me as the school's "gender bender", since I act like a guy.

 

I continued walking, and more teases and curses were heard. "Amber," someone called em from my back. I didn't dare to look at him (it was a guys' voice), who knows? Maybe when I do, he'll throw an egg on my face and cause me even more humiliation.

 

Later on, I reached my classroom. Unfortunately, I as late. Very late. "Good morning, I'm so sorry I'm late," I excused myself. "Take your seat, Miss Liu, and see you on detention," Mr. Park said. Everybody chuckled. Mr. Park didn't care.

 

I lazily went for my seat as I heard laughs all over me. I was seated behind a guy who kept on staring at me. On the ohter hand, I refused to look at him and look by the window. I was very sleepy when later on, class ended. Time went by so fast. Lunch time.

 

I went straight to the cafeteria, all by myself as usual. When I headed to the beverage sction, a girl accidentally spilled coffee on me. I screamed, and the girl was really shocked. "Sorry, I didn't mean it! I am so sorry!" the girl said, and repeated it a million times. "It's okay," I said then smiled. "I'll go change."

 

Right then, I rushed to the girls' room and hurriedly changed. As I was finished, I saw a girl by the mirror.  "Oh look, the coffee girl is here," she said, chuckling. "Just shut up, okay?! You don't know me that well," I said and hurriedly rushed out.

 

I got into two more classes, then detention. Finally, dismissal time. I looked for my bike by the field and saw it behind a car. It was all broken. I found a note, saying, "Screw you, Amber! Go to hell!"

 

I couldn't take this anymore. Because of my anger, tears fell from my eyes as I walked by the road.

 

Later on, I reached our house, my eyes puffed. But then I stopped crying when I saw my bike, all fixed. And again, there was a note. "Don't cry, Amber. Smile! You look prettier with it." There was no name indicated. I smiled, then got my keys to open the door. As I was looking for it in my bag, I heard someone speak, "Looking for your keys?" It was the voice form this morning! Then a guy appeared. He looked familiar~

 

Me: Uhm, who are you?

Guy: I'm Key. :)

Me: Oh, hello. What are you doing here?

Key: I was the one who fixed your bike and decided to take it here. I was the one who helped you all this time.

Me: So you're the one who called me this morning, by the corridors?

Key: Yes, that was me.

Me: *hugs him* Thank you so much for all thet you did. You'll never know how happy I am right now. Thank you so much. If only I knew you were here all along...

Key: No problem, Amber. All for you.

Me: *smiles*

Key: Heeeey, wanna go to the park with me?

Me: Sure!

 

Right then, we found ourselves riding my bike, on the way to the park. I felt so happy by Key's side, and I felt safe. When I became friends with Key, the bullies started to stop and my life became more colorful. He was my knight in shinging armor. Because of him, I felt ultimately lucky.

 

the end


Author's Note: So, how was it? I hope you liked it ^^, Post comments please, thanks! More stories to come!