The Shims & The Lees

Affluenza

--~*+*~-:- The Shims & The Lees-:-~*+*~--

 

“You really need to slow down, noona,” Jinki lectured, concerned about his cousin’s hard partying ways. She was of age and could do what she wanted, but all the late nights and alcohol couldn’t be good for her. “I’ve brought you something to help with the hangover,” bearing a glass of an herbal mix that usually did well to quail the nausea and headaches.

 

“Jin-ah, it better be afternoon and that’s why you are waking me up or you’re so dead,” she groaned in protest, but popped one eye open anyway, regretting it almost immediately as the harsh light went into her eye stabbing her aching brain further. “Turn off the sun.”

 

He couldn’t help chuckle as he brought the remedy closer, “This should help.” It wasn’t exactly orange juice tasty and probably tasted as bad as it smelled, but Sunny chugged it down like it was nothing only making an aegyo filled scrunch of the nose in distaste when it was all down. “Soojin-noona called to remind you about the event you promised to help her organize. She’ll be around in an hour to pick you up.”

 

“Aish, I don’t even feel human,” Sunny winced, but got up anyway to shuffle to the bathroom. A promise to her best friend was a promise, and she never broke them. Note to self, no parties and club openings for a month. Yes she’d hit the bars pretty hard after her semester was over, but could you really blame her? She’d been nothing but upstanding for the term’s duration, with zero clubbing. Letting loose was a given. “Jin-ah, thanks,” she thanked the cousin.

 

He wasn’t surprised to see Hyoyeon’s name flashing on his phone, “Yah, Hyoyeon-ah. I have a bone to pick with you,” the blonde was probably nursing her own hangover, but he wasn’t going to be forgiving. The two women were catalysts to each other, but he’d hoped with her working schedule at Blue Bay the Kim’s only daughter would know better than to get drunk. “Why should I talk softly, you crazy woman…”

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

It probably wasn’t advisable to flounce into her brother’s room without knocking, but Yoona did it anyway. “Oppa I need your help,” she asked, finding him lounged comfortably on his bed typing away at his tablet.

 

“What you need is manners, there’s something called knocking brat,” Changmin replied, not taking his eyes away from the paper he was writing. “Whatever you want to ask, I’m busy and no.”

 

Crossing her arms over her chest, she raised an unimpressed eyebrow. “You haven’t even heard me out,” she pointed out. How could he just say no without even hearing whether her proposal would benefit him or not?

 

“Not interested,” he spelled out once again. Anything that took him away from the room and his paper could quite frankly go to hell, unless of course it was an emergency. “If it’s not life or death, I could care less.”

 

Grabbing a nearby pillow she throw it at her stubborn brother’s head, “Yah would you just hear me out, it will only take you five minutes then you can go back to being a nerd.”

 

“Being violent won’t work in your favor, Yoong,” why his little sister insisted on being so violent, thinking it would get her what she wanted he didn’t know. There was something known as words and convincing through dialogue. Launching attacks using pillows was ineffective at best, especially with him.

 

With a huff, she decided to change tactics, “Fine, I’ll just have to reschedule Victoria-unnie’s shoot,” forcing dejection into her voice as she trudge toward the door. He would stop her in 3…2…1.

 

“Yoong,” he called out, trying not to sound too eager but failing. “What do you want me to do?” Just like clockwork. Mention the Chinese Ambassador’s daughter’s name and the man would be willing to jump through hoops. It was rather pathetic for a guy his age to be crushing so hard on a woman, but Yoona wasn’t complaining because it go her what she wanted. “Well, I need you …”