Chapter 2.3~ Picking Up the Strings~ Loose Ends

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Hanul’s POV

I entered the dorm, anticipation curled up in my stomach. He was here, and I wasn’t ready. But I made my feet move, until I stepped through the door after my brother and Wooyoung. I turned around- and my vision was obscured with light pink and baby blue balloons and sudden eruptions of confetti. I ducked behind my brother.
“WELCOME!”, everyone shouted. As the confetti began to settle, it became obvious that Jaebum had been at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was absolutely covered with confetti. His hair was full of it, and it stuck to his shirt like cotton. Even his eyelashes were lightly dusted with glitter. He looked like a Spanish dancer and a stripper combined.
Everyone saw Jaebum tense up and therefore, everyone tried their utmost to hold in their laughter. But I couldn’t hold it in. “AHAHAHAH!”,
“YAH!”, Jaebum yelled, “You’re supposed to wait for the girl! How the hell did you confuse us?!”
“Jaebum, it’s your legs! They’re like a girl’s!”, Taecyeon defended himself.
I smiled, amused, and turned to look at Taecyeon, but I suddenly found myself meeting eyes with him. Nickhun. My smile slipped, just for a moment. I could feel Taecyeon’s gaze on me, so I drew my gaze downwards, at the floor, and I smiled again.
“Nickhun was a real help today, he set everything up for the party. He chose the balloons, do you like them?”, Taecyeon asked. I could still feel his gaze on me.
“No, I chose those colors because I liked them. It’s my party today, too”, Nickhun said.
That voice.

“Oh, that’s right, it’s Nickhun’s bachelor party today, too!”, Chansung said.
“What?”, Wooyoung asked.
“In two days, Nickhun’s married, he’s starting that show, ‘We Got Married’.”, Junho stated.
  “Who’s the girl?”, Wooyoung asked.
“Don’t know yet. Probably someone young, filthy rich, famous, and hot. Someone easy to fall in love with.”, Junho said, smirking.
What? Why was Nickhun doing that kind of show?
“Come sit down”, Taecyeon said to me. “Oh…thanks”, I said as I realized I was still standing in the same spot.
 “Tired?”, Chansung asked.
“Just jet lag”, I answered. Two pairs of eyes flicked up at me.
I wanted to slap myself. There were people from America here. People who knew full well it was morning in America. Those people were Taecyeon and Nickhun.Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I felt so self-conscious. I could feel a blush rising in my face. So what did I do? I grabbed a piece of cake and shoved it in my mouth. Strawberry and vanilla? My favorite. Mm… kudos to whoever chose it.  
 

BoA’s POV
I had just finished dance rehearsal and exited the rehearsal room when President Park was suddenly in my face.
“Can I talk to you for a bit?”, he asked.
“Yeah”, I said, “about what?”
“Remember Park Hanul?”, the President asked.
“Sure”, I answered casually.
“She’s back in Korea.”
“Great.” I knew this already, and I’m sure President Park knew that I knew as well. Why didn’t he just get to the point?
“I would like to pay her a visit, it’s been far too long since I had any contact with her.”, the President said.
I raised my eyebrows. Everyone knew about the President’s grudge towards Park Hanul. But I couldn’t refuse the President, not if I wanted him to support my upcoming album. Still, I wasn’t giving up without a fight. Park Hanul was my best friend.
“I just know she’s in Korea. If you want to pay her a visit, I’m sorry but I can’t help you.” I smiled apologetically at him.

“I just want to see how she’s doing.”
Please. I couldn’t help but point out the flaw in his “kind and thoughtful” response, and I was not going to ignore the giant pink elephant in the room. You’ll find I’m the straightforward type.
“President, You’re not mad at her? You’re not going to murder her for running away on the night of her debut? You’ve gotten over the fact that she stood you and JYP Entertainment and all of us up at the interview set up just for her? President, please. Why do you want to see her?”, I knew I was pushing it… I held my breath.
“All right, fine.” He sighed. I just want her to apologize to me, that’s all”, the President said, looking slightly embarrassed.
He looked embarrassed? Well the only times I’d seen him embarrassed was when he was telling the truth and if that was all… 
“My guess is you’d find her at 2pm dorm. Her brother, Jaebum Park, lives there.”, I said the last part just so the President wouldn’t start a scandal or anything.
“Thanks, BoA, I owe you”, he said, and left.
I watched him leave, then pulled out my phone, and texted Hanul, “Prez wants a word with you- watch out.”