Fatal Kiss

The Fatal Kiss

I was running through the forest, running for my life. I was running away from the monster that claimed to have loved me as he killed my family. He didn't stop with killing my parents, but he bit my sisters turning them into monsters like him. Now he coming for me, to turn me as well. I had to run. I had to go get help. 

I wasn't sure if he was following me or not, but i had no intentions on stopping and finding out. I was sure about one thing, however it wouldn't take him long to figure out I had seen everything. "You smell lovely, Evangeline. You're blood has this distinct, alluring, and fragrant smell far different from any other human," he once told me. If that happened I would already have had an advantage. One thing that left my mind though, was his velocity. I had forgotten that he had far greater speed than any human. One minute there was nothing but forest in front of me and suddenly he was standing in front of me laughing, taunting me.

"Evangeline, my love," he cooed as he approached me, "How have you been?" He sickened me to my core nonetheless i still loved him. "How could you Kiseop? How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me. I see now that it was all a lie," I whispered the last phrase. "Ah my dearest Evangeline, do you not see? I did this for you, for us. I did it for our love," he replied. I couldn't believe it, he wasn't denying a thing. Instead he said he did it for lovejust how much more cynical could he get? "For love? Kiseop people don't kill for love," I said. He smiled, "Exactly people. I am not human Evangeline have you forgotten. I'm a monster, you're worst nightmare." 

I don't know why I did it, but before I could clearly process it I grab the nearest branch and ran towars him aiming directly for his heart. What happened next I can't quite recall. One minute i was running towards him and the next i found myself with my back pinned against a tree, his hand on my neck. "What a useless, idiotic, and obvious move. But what more could be expected of a silly and useless girl like yourself?" he laughed diabolically. This was my end. He would either kill me rapidly and painlessly or he would torture me until the very last minute. 

Knwoing that he would and could kill me didn't stop me from begging him to spare my life. "Kiseop please," I begged "don't hurt me. I promise no I swear I wont tell anyone. Please let me go, I beg of you have mercy on me." He looked me in the eyes and said, "How do I know you won't tell anyone anything? How do I know you're not lying to me, Evangeline? Have you any idea what you'll say when people ask about your family? When they see you're family? Or are you thinking of leaving this miserable place...with another?" A hint of saddness was evident in his eyes when he spoke those last words but it was quickly replaced by the coldness. I opened my mouth to respond but no words came out and his laugh startled me. "Did you really believe I would let you go? After you tried to kill me? I never knew you were this gullible, Evangeline," he chuckled darkly. I remained silent. "What's wrong, love?" he asked tauntingly, "vampire got your tongue?" I scoffed, "Never. You will never get anything from me." 

"I'm tired of talking to you! I don't know whether I should let you go, kill you or tunr you into my slave for all eternity," he said. "No, no, no. Please don't. Kiseop, please let me go. I swear on my life i won't tell anyone. I'll leave this place. I'll make it so I never existed. Just please let me go," I begged one last time. "My dear Evangeline, as much as i would love to let you go it's far too late for that. You shouldn't have tried to kill me," he whispered in my ear. "I'm really going to miss your rosy color when you're emabarrassed. You're soft, warm, smooth skin but mostly your soft lips when we kiss." As if proving his point he kissed my lips one last time. As much as i wanted to stop him i couldn't I found myself kissing him back tears falling down my cheeks. We broke apart he looked at me one last time saddness covering his eyes, "I would apologize for what I'm about to do but i believe you deserve it." Kiseop inclined my jead exposing my neck took a deep breath and bit me. The last words I heard were "I'm sorry." I felt my lids getting heavier and my body getting lighter with my last breath i whispered, "You liar, I love you."