{My fallen star } Chapter - 1

Not in this lifetime

{My fallen star} Chapter - 1

14 years ago~~~~~             

                He was dreaming. Even in the dream he knew that he was dreaming. The scene in front of him was so breathtakingly beautiful that if it was not a dream there was no way he could be at this kind of stunning place given his job and the current situation he’s in. The place was so dreamy. He was lying comfortably under a tree where he could see the deep blue sky so clearly. The moon dangled in the night sky elegantly and millions of stars were glistening against the deep blue sky. The dark blue of the sky was deeper than any other sky he’d even seen making the stars glowed in a more brilliant way.

               “What a perfect scenery!” Yunho whispered.

                He’d never seen such many stars in his life. Then he noticed something in the sky. Among those millions of stars, he was seeing one little star swinging softly back and forth. A smile was formed on Yunho’s peaceful face and a thought crossed his mind that this place was more than perfect because of that little star. He kept looking at that little star and that was when something he never expected happened. That little star fell. Not only that. It was falling down right towards him. It took him by surprise. So he was just staring at the scene blankly. And then he suddenly remembered about the belief of wishing upon a star. He doubted whether he should wish something.

               “But what should I wish for? What do I want? Um…um…Damn it, Yunho! Think!” but he couldn’t think of anything at that very moment and became desperate. The star was still falling while he doubted for a moment. Then he chuckled a bit.

               “ Oh…come on. Since when do u believe those things!” He gave up the thought of wishing eventually and focused all of his sense back to the falling star. He could feel it was getting closer and closer to him. He was so excited and wanted to catch the star like a child but as much as he wanted to, he had to cover his eyes with hands and closed them as the bright light shining from the star was making his eyes went blind. And then he heard some seriously annoying voice waking him up.

               “Yah! Jung Yunho! Wake up! Why the hell are you still sleeping?”

                Yunho moved his hands from his eyes and slowly opened them. He saw a figure standing, one hand still on the switch and staring at him very impatiently. And he realized the bright light was not from the star but from Ji Hoon turning on the light of his room.

               “What the…! Oh…my star!!!” he shouted in frustration.

               “What star? Come on! Get up, dude. You don't have much time. Everybody's in the meeting room now. Gang Ho Hyung said today's plan changed a little bit." Ji Hoon said while leaving the room. Yunho sat on the bed for a while thinking about the dream. He remembered every little details of the dream very vividly. Ji Hoon came into the room again when he didn’t hear any movement from Yunho.

               “Seriously, dude? Are you just gonna sit there? We’re…” Yunho threw his pillow to Ji Hoon’s face. Ji Hoon caught the pillow reflexively before it hit his face and gave a confused look to Yunho.

                “What the hell’s wrong with you? What did I do? No…wait...that’s not important. Now, get up. We’re gonna be damn late” Ji Hoon became furious when Yunho didn't move an inch from his bed.

               "I was dreaming. There was a shooting star and it was falling towards me. I was about to catch it if you didn't switch the damn light on!!!!!"

               "Catching a falling star? Ji Hoon raised his brows and asked.

               "Ha...What are you, five? You can't literally catch the star. That's just an expression they use in a lullaby or in some romantic poems." Ji Hoon said in a teasing tone.

               "So what? It's a dream and it's MY dream. I can catch what the hell ever I want in my dream. I can even fly if I want to. But  I just missed a fallen star because of you, jerk!" Yunho screamed in Ji Hoon's face.

               "Hey! Hey! Stop being so childish! And come on. Move your right now or we're gonna be late."

               " Uhh...my star... I want my fallen star." Yunho mumbled disappointingly with his face in his hands.

               "Dude, really? Are we really having this conversation right now? It's about 7. Get up now and prepare."

               "Fine! Fine! Just give me 10.

               "You don't have 10. Be done in 5 and come to the meeting room. I'm out of here. And get your there before Gang Ho Hyung arrive if you don't wanna get chewed out by him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

               The place was the Blue House, also known as CheongWaDae, the official residence of Korean President. Yunho’s father, Jung Han Sung was the Blue House Chief of staff. Ever since the day Han Sung knew he was having a boy, he always wanted his son to become a Secret Service Agent of the Blue House. And there was no problem with his wish becoming true because Yunho was not the rebellious type, he also was not sure what he wanted for his life and he also kinda liked the trainings he had to take to become a Secret Service Agent. Yunho was quite young when his father made him choose this job as a career but he didn’t regret it even after he’d grown up too. His mother was not very satisfied with his father’s decision because she knew the risks he had to take for this job. But yunho didn’t mind taking a risk now and then. And also their father and son relationship was going smooth unlike others. He started taking trainings since he was 16 and after 5 years, there he was, working as an agent under the department of secret service.

               Yunho was on his way to the meeting room when he saw Gang Ho Hyung who was a respectful senior and also a leader of their unit, was heading to the meeting room too.

               “! !” he couldn’t be seen like this. He was supposed to be in the meeting room 15minutes before the meeting starts. That was how they were trained and he was late today. He was quite sure he couldn’t be able to make it till the meeting room if Gang Ho Hyung sees him now. So he slowed down his steps, hid behind a wall and let Gang Ho Hyung passed in front of him. Then he turned left which is a way to the shortcut and he started running with all his might. When he opened the meeting room, he saw his teammates stood up quickly to pay respect because they thought it was Gang Ho Hyung coming in.

               “Haha…Sit down, kids!” he laughed and walked towards his chair. His teammates sighed and sat back to their chairs.

               “Oh…you made it” Ji Hoon greeted him. The moment he sat down on his chair, the meeting room’s door was opened again and Gang Ho Hyung came in. They all stood, made a 90degree greeting and shouted “Good morning, sir” in unison. They couldn’t use the word ‘Hyung’. It was only for outside of the Blue House.

               “Sit down, boys. Well, this is gonna be quick because we don't have much time left. As all of you already knew, we need to Mr. President to China today. We’ve already checked the venues and routes and also have discussed about escorting and monitoring tasks yesterday. But here’s an emergency case. The minister of foreign affair of Japan will give a visit to Jeju Island the day after tomorrow for the Wonderland project and the First Lady will go and meet him there. We need at least two agents to travel the routes to the venues, check the roads and the hotel beforehand. So, um…Agent Min Seo and Agent Yunho, stay here and complete those tasks. And the rest of you will come with me. It’s time to Mr. President to the airport now.

               “Yes, sir!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

               Yunho felt quite tired. He had a very long day. When they arrived to Jeju island, he and Min Seo split up to finish their tasks. Min Seo went to the building of the Future Company where the meeting would be held and he went to the hotel to check the bugs and the security of the facility needs to be inspected. After he finished all the tasks, it was almost midnight. He had a light dinner so he wasn’t really hungry but he really could use some sleep right now. He drove back to the place they were staying and he suddenly remembered about the dream which made him looked up to the sky. Jeju Island’s sky was not as deep as the sky from his dream and the stars were also definitely less than the stars in his dream.

              “Damn! I wish I could finish that dream!” he said and hit the steering with one hand.

              “Rrrrrrrrrrrr……….Rrrrrrrrrrrr” then his phone started ringing. Seemed like it was from Min Seo checking his situation. He was going to answer the phone but that was when something fell right in front of his car. He pulled the brake immediately and got out of the car to see what happened.

             “Oh My God!” It was a boy. Well, more like a kid. He bent down to see the kid who lied unconsciously on the ground. "Where the hell did he fall from?" he looked around and thought. There was a wall beside the road and seemed like the boy jumped from that wall and fell in front of his car. He guessed he could stop the car in time before it hit the kid. But there were some bruises on the boy’s pretty face but it didn’t seem like he got those from this accident.

             “Yah…Yah…” he shook the boy’s shoulder a bit but it was no use.

             “Oh…you’ve got to be kidding me!” he whispered desperately and sighed.

             “Rrrrrrrr……Rrrrrrrrrr” his phone was still ringing. He looked at it and Min Seo’s name was on the screen.

             “Yeah?” He picked up the phone while looking down at the kid and didn’t know what to do.

             “Yah…Jung Yunho…are you ok? Why are you so late? Why didn’t you pick up the phone?” Min Seo asked continuously.

             “I’m coming back now…on my way…”

             “Are you ok?”

             “Yeah…..”

             “Ok, then……Wait! You’re not…..” Min Seo’s voice changed from the worried tone to the teasing tone.

             “What?”

             “haha… you’re still not trying to catch the star, are you?” Min Seo heard about this morning from Ji Hoon and been teasing Yunho the whole day.

             Yunho looked down at the boy again and answered doubtfully….

             “Well, I guess I’m not…..”

              …

              ……

              ………

But he should have known that the little star had already fallen into his life in a most unexpected way.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note : please excuse my english and the details on the bodyguards' daily tasks. Hope you guys enjoy reading :)