CH7

Is This Really Fate?

A/N: Update for chapter 7! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ More Baekyeol and a sad Jongdae, whoops. But a kinda happy ending? You'll see.

I usually write my chapters in advance so I have more time to proof-read and stuff, but I've been pretty busy so I had to write the ending today, and I had writer's block for the longest time, so I'm sorry if the ending seemed really loopy. ; ;. I promise that future chapters will most likely never end up like this!

To be completely honest with you guys I find it really hard for myself to ship BaekYeol )': They're more of a brotp than an otp, so it was kinda weird for me to write baekyeol fluff. I hope you guys enjoy this nonetheless! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧


Baekhyun leans back on the bench he’s currently sitting on, and takes a deep breath. The sun is shining, and a light breeze dances in the air -- the weather is absolutely perfect.

 

To be honest, Baekhyun feels a bit guilty. Kyungsoo told Baekhyun earlier that Jongdae was sick, and Baekhyun immediately wanted to go visit him, but he remembered that he had more important matters to settle first.

 

“Hey,” a voice calls from behind him, bringing him back to reality, and Baekhyun turns around and smiles.

“Hey yourself. What took you so long?” Baekhyun shifts over on the bench and lets his giant friend sit next to him.

“Amber wanted me to do something for her,” Chanyeol explains, “and it took a while. Sorry about that, she’s like a nagging grandmother!” And the two laugh. The two hang out, mainly just chatting and catching up, and when Chanyeol excuses himself to get drinks for the both of them, Baekhyun swallows down the doubt bubbling in his throat.

 

Ever since Baekhyun met the giant, the two have hung out countless times. While the number doesn’t compare to the times he hangs out with Jongdae, it’s still quite a bit, considering that Baekhyun never really goes out with his friends unless they’re all together. But he and Chanyeol have become exceptionally close, and Baekhyun admits that he has fallen for him. The two just get along so well, and they fit together like two puzzle pieces.

 

This really is fate, Baekhyun thinks to himself as Chanyeol comes back with two cans of soda in his hand. He offers one to Baekhyun, and he gratefully accepts it before opening it and sipping on the cold drink.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks, and the smaller boy just turns. “Are you alright? You look kinda… deep in thought?” And Baekhyun realizes he was probably thinking too much about what he wanted to do. So Baekhyun sighs and downs the rest of his soda.

“Actually, Chanyeol, there’s a reason as to why I asked you to come here today,” he starts, nervously biting his lips. “It’s just that… well…”

Baekhyun finally swallows down his pride and doubt and blurts out,”I really like you!” before immediately turning red and sputtering out nonsense. “Well, I mean, like, I’ve liked you for a while but you know, I mean, it’s totally cool if you don’t feel the same way, it’s just that –“ and Chanyeol decides to stop Baekhyun’s rambling with a peck on the lips.

 

Baekhyun stands here in shock for a few seconds, and Chanyeol laughs. It’s a beautiful laugh, Baekhyun thinks, and admits he wouldn’t mind hearing that laugh, ever.

“It’s okay, Baekhyun. I’ve had some pretty legitimate feelings for you too.” And for a second Baekhyun thinks he must’ve heard wrong. Park Chanyeol, has feelings for someone as small (both figuratively and literally) as Byun Baekhyun?

But when Chanyeol smiles at him with such admiration and affection, Baekhyun lets his guard fall and lets himself fall a little bit more for the giant.

--

Later that day, Baekhyun drags Chanyeol to Jongdae’s apartment, where they knock on the door and wait. When he doesn’t answer, Baekhyun looks a bit dejected.

“I wanted to visit him, since Kyungsoo told me he was sick,” Baekhyun explains, and Chanyeol nods in understanding.

“Maybe he’s at work? Why don’t we pay him a visit at the café?” Chanyeol beams when Baekhyun immediately brightens, and the two walk down the path of boutiques towards the bakery. Baekhyun slips his hand into Chanyeol’s and the two walk in a happy silence until they reach into the bakery. Baekhyun sees his best friend’s messy hair and feels the excitement bubbling in his stomach. When Jongdae turns to greet them, Baekhyun sees a few emotions hidden in his eyes. He can’t quite place what emotions are in there, but when Jongdae smiles and greets them, Baekhyun brushes it off as nothing.

 

Baekhyun wants to tell Jongdae all of the details, and he is dying to just gush on and on about Chanyeol. But Baekhyun sees those emotions swirling in his best friend’s eyes, and deduces that even though he’s still at work, Jongdae is still probably sick. He’ll save the fangirling for another day.

When Jongdae excuses himself, Baekhyun happily turns back to his boyfriend (he blushes at the thought of finally calling him his boyfriend) and the two share a happy afternoon snack at Jongdae’s café.

 

Baekhyun can’t stop smiling, and he’s honestly so happy that he’s found someone as perfect for him as Chanyeol. He knew that Chanyeol was the one for him, and his heart is finally feeling at ease.

After their first day together, Baekhyun makes it his life goal to make Chanyeol the happiest person alive. They spend much of their time together, cuddling at Baekhyun’s house or having a study date at Chanyeol’s. Baekhyun’s constantly inviting Chanyeol to the movies, to Jongdae’s cafe, and Chanyeol doesn’t seem to mind at all. The two spend days in blissful ignorance.

--

Meanwhile, Jongdae is in the process of angrily finishing up his essay for music theory. Friday is, (or now, was) he and Baekhyun’s day to hang out. Jongdae had shot a text to Baekhyun earlier about their plans, and now Jongdae’s cellphone is somewhere entangled in the sheets of his bed.

 

(140113, 10:28AM)

To: Baek

From: Jongdae

hey, we still up for tonight?

 

(140113, 10:43AM)

To: Dae

From: Baekhyun

oh! sorry dae, got a date with the baee *: i’ll make it up to you, promise. i hope you don’t mind!

 

Of course Jongdae minds. He minds a lot.

 

(140113, 10:54AM)

To: Baek

From: Jongdae

of course not, i gotchu ;) be safe!

 

Jongdae doesn’t even bother waiting for Baekhyun’s reply before throwing his phone onto his bed and dragging himself to his desk.

 

So here he is, writing some dumb essay for a class he could care less about. Music theory isn’t as interesting as the real deal, but if passing that class was going to get Jongdae into his dream job, he was willing to sit through boring lectures for it. He puts his earbuds in his ears and allows the music to flow through his head, immediately calming him. This was the whole reason why he wanted to be a singer -- in hopes that one day he’ll be able to make people around the world feel the way he does right now.

 

“I trusted her so much, I did not know she would turn back,

I didn’t know it before, I really didn’t know.

 

Someone is whistling for me,

Will she find me? Will she come to me? My heart awaits in vain.”

 

Jongdae is so absorbed in singing that he doesn’t notice someone unlock his door and walk in. He continues singing, his concentration on his essay and singing. He revels in the feeling of the way his fingers dance across the keyboard (just because he didn’t like the class doesn’t mean he isn’t great at it) and his shoulders relaxing at the sound of music.

 

His shoulders tense right away when he feels a pair of hands cover his eyes. He immediately stands up, his eyes wide and his essay forgotten on the table.

 

“... Baekhyun?!”

Baekhyun laughs at the surprised look on his best friend’s face. “Yeah, Jongdae. No one answered the door when I knocked, and it’s too late for you to be out anywhere, so I kinda just invited myself in.” He merely shrugs when Jongdae’s jaw drops. “You should really find a better place to hide your spare key, that plant really isn’t fooling anyone.”

 

Jongdae picks his jaw off the floor and snorts. “What is with everyone and just barging into my room?” To be honest, Baekhyun is the last person he wants to see. “And didn’t you have your date with Chanyeol?”

“Oh, well, I felt bad for cancelling our day, so I decided to leave and stop by here for at least a little bit.” Baekhyun sheepishly smiles and Jongdae feels his heart flutter.

Jongdae knows that Baekhyun may have been a bit negligent in their friendship lately, but it’s only because he’s in love. And Baekhyun truly never forgot Jongdae, and Jongdae knows that and it makes his heart pound even more. “Thanks Baek,” he says, and he closes his laptop before inviting Baekhyun to his living room.

 

"By the way," Baekhyun adds as they pass the kitchen, "I heard you singing before. You have a really nice voice," and Jongdae sputters before mumbling a small word of thanks. Baekhyun laughs and pinches his cheeks, and recieves an immensely embarrassed and amusing reaction from the boy.

 

"Oh Jongdae, guess what I got while you were in bed sick," Baekhyun teases as he waves a DVD case in his hands.

Jongdae stares at Baekhyun in disbelief. "No way," he breathes out, eyes twinkling. "You got EXO's Showtime episode 7?!" He lets out an excited squeal as Baekhyun pops the DVD in Jongdae'e player. "That guy Chen is pretty fricken hot," he says when Baekhyun sits next to him. Baekhyun lets out an amused laugh and Jongdae allows himself to rest his head in the crook of Baekhyun's shoulder. The two spend the night watching the band's crazy antics and they eventually decide to amuse themselves with a few rounds of cards (Jongdae completely wipes out Baekhyun at Egyptian Rat Screw, but the latter retaliates during their game of Texas Hold'em). Jongdae is overjoyed at the turn of events, and for a second, he doesn't mind the situation they're in. If it's really fate, like Baekhyun believes, then one day, they really will be together.


Before I end this chapter, I just wanted to make some announcements! Although this fic isn't ending just yet, I was thinking of maybe starting a new fic? This one will still be my priority, but I thought it'd be interesting to start a new one :D I'm having some troubles picking a pairing, so I'll be posting a poll soon with some pairings. If you have any ideas for au!s or want other pairings, feel free to comment on here or on my wall or wherever. Thank you all! 

((PS: thanks for suscribing and commenting you guys! (✿◠‿◠) You have no idea how happy it makes me to see new comments and new subscribers. you're all so great and ahh I hope you all have a wonderful day!)

EDIT: Here's the poll!! Please vote here :D