drabble #1

EXO drabble dump

pairing: hunhan
rating: pg
w/c: ~250

 

--

 

"Did you know that in Mushishi, there's an island with a huge rock nearby in the waters that allows people to come back to life? It's got a twist, though -- you'll have to give birth to them! They're literally reborn," Luhan laughs, mellifluous and heartwarming vocals pleasantly ringing in Sehun's ears, and a placid smile occupies his lips, and he continues: "Wouldn't that be amazing? It's like an endless cycle -- you'll be forever with the person you want to be with."


And Sehun wants to say, "but it's not the same!", but he doesn't. "It's weird. It's absurd!", instead, "Yes," he says, while sliding his fingers in between the empty spaces of Luhan's sickenly cold hand.


"But it's not the same," Luhan says. "Their memories are entirely wiped out, but their quirks and habits remain... I think. I can't imagine raising you up and having you call me dad or some ," to which Sehun nods. "And we'd have to put up with each other's death, in an endless cycle as well -- I think the islanders have grown to not fear death."


They must be on top of the world, Luhan continues, knowing they have a source of eternal life within the distance of a kilometer or two. But when you can't really die, you can't really live, either. That's right, Sehun says.


"Maybe we're better off dying, aren't we?", and Sehun gives him one final nod, the placid smile still stubbornly there as his mind doesn't register the monotonous sound.