Just a Little Girl

Trading Yesterday

A/N: Enjoy!

 

Ring...

 

Ring...

 

Ring...

 

“Yeboseyo?”

“Yoona~yah?”

“Ne, oppa?”

“Have you checked the news?”

“N-not yet. Is there something wrong?”

“Y-Yes. The public knew about your relationship about Lee Seunggi.”

“H-how?!”

“Dispatch released the photos of you coming to Seunggi’s house to meet him.”

“W-what?! What did the company say about this?”

...

...

...

“both parties confirmed it.”

 

The doe eyed girl, Yoona, went speechless upon hearing her manager’s reply. She doesn’t know what to feel and how to act. All she could think about is one thing.

“Y-Yuri.” She mumbled softly but her manager caught it.

“I know. That’s what i’m worried about. I know why you’re doing this. You only want to protect your relationship with Yuri from the company that’s why you agreed to date Seunggi to keep a front for the company. We didn’t anticipate it to be like this. Now, probably Yuri heard it by now.”

Yoona kept silent as she tried to grasp what is happening right now. Her relationship with Seunggi has been revealed to the public. Since their company knows about it, they confirmed it. But little did they know, Yoona was just using her relationship with Seunggi just to protect Yuri.  She knows that it’s wrong for her to use the guy’s feelings for her own good but she’s too scared that something might happen to Yuri. She knows that the company will control them. Yoona decided to date Seunggi without him knowing that she’s dating her member. They decided to tell their respective companies about it when Yoona was seen by one of the staffs on a date with someone. The staff didn’t see the face of Yoona’s date but decided to follow them. After failing to see the person behind the hood since the couple were too busy making out, the staff told the management about it and ask Yoona who’s her date and Yoona just accidentally blurted out the name of Lee Seunggi just to hide the fact that she’s with Yuri at that time.

“Don’t worry, i’ll talk to Taeyeon and we’ll take care of her. Just focus right now with your work, okay?” her manager assured.

As much as she wants to call or be with Yuri right now, she can’t. She needs to act professional.

But how can she act professional if the situation she’s in right now is ironically the same as the scene they’re going to shoot.

She looked down at the script and exhaled. She read the script and it says:

Scene: Confrontation with Kwon Yul. The prime minister will announce their break-up.

She’s scared that the scene will be as if the ‘real Yuri’ will break up with her. Just the thought of it is killing her. What more if it’s the real thing?

Maybe she doesn’t have any problem portraying this scene after all.

 

**

 

Meanwhile at the dorm...

“...And for our BIG NEWS! Actor-Sinnger Lee Seunggi is dating SNSD Yoona? According to the reports, Lee Seunggi and Yoona always meet at Seunggi’s building parking lot while the idol’s car parked 500m from the building. Their companies both confirmed the news and they also said that they’ve been dating for four months now. An-“

Yuri stared at the person who turned off the TV. Taeyeon smiled sadly at her.

“Y-Yoona...” she mumbled.

“I...she...th-“ Taeyeon stopped and sighed. As much as she wants to lie, there’s nothing she could do but nod.

“Is...that t-true? Tell me?! Is that true?!” Yuri panicked as tears starts to pool on her eyes.

“Yes. The news is true, Yuri-yah.” Taeyeon said calmly as Sunny, Jessica and Hyoyeon started to gather around them. Yuri looked at the girls.

“Did you know about this?” she asked. Her voice started to rise. They nod.

“W-we’re sorry. But Yoona just wanted to protect you from the company. She values you too much that’s why she dates Seunggi-oppa.“ Sunny started.  Questions started to flood Yuri’s mind.

Why she didn’t tell me?

Why is she lying to me?

Why did she do that?

Am i not worthy enough?

Did she think i can’t fight for her?

Didn’t she love me enough?

That got Yuri to stare back at Sunny blankly.

“Yuri? Are you alright?” Jessica asked.

Seeing that the girl remained staring off the space, panic started to kick in.

“Yah! Yuri-yah!” Hyoyeon nudged Yuri but the girl wouldn’t bulged.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon asked putting an arm around Yuri. “Stop thinking too much. Yoona loves you.”

Yuri wanted to say too much but she  can’t. She’s too speechless. All she wanted was to wallow into the darkness and never come back again.

 

**

 

Ring

Ring

Ring

“Yeboseyo?”

“unnie.”

“Yoona~yah.”

“how’s Yuri?”

“she’s...she’s sleeping right now.”

“W-what happened?! Is she alright?”

...

...

...

“Unnie, please~ tell me. “ Yoona pleaded. She’s too worried that Yuri might be hurt.

She heard Taeyeon sighed.

“Yuri had a breakdown earlier when she heard the news. It’s really scary, Yoong. She started to run into your room but we’re scared that she might do something so we prevent her just in time but then she started throwing stuffs here in the living room. We’re just in the middle of cleaning up right now. Don’t worry, we set up a camera in your room to watch her while we’re here.”

“I will go there right now and see her.”

“No. Don’t.” Taeyeon warned.

“I have the right, she’s my girlfriend.” Yoona defended.

“I know but it’s better this way.”

“What do you mean? I want to see her.” Yoona argued.

“Yoong, you still have to finish your drama filming. The company gave you few days to finish it so we could prepare our comeback.”

Yoona sighed. She knows she can’t escape her responsibilities. She has a week to finish shooting her drama so she could prepare their comeback with the girls. She promised to herself before that after this, she will quit and marry Yuri but why does her plan seems blurring right now?

“Yuri is more important.” The doe eyed girl said sadly.

“Yes, we both know that but we can’t escape the fact that the company doesn’t know about the two of you. We still need to follow them. And its better this way for a while, we’re just concern with Yuri right now.”

“Do want to say that i have to avoid Yuri? How can we solve this if i’m going to avoid her? We can’t ignore this forever, unnie!”

“I know. I’m not saying you’re going to avoid her forever. Just finish what you have to finish there and let Yuri think for a while. We want you both to solve this issue with no confrontation. Remember that you’re both part of my group and if one quits just because of the relationship, you can’t talk to any one of them anymore.” Taeyeon said.

As a leader, Taeyeon wants what’s best for her sisters and for their group. They were formed as nine and they will stay forever as nine.

“Un---“

“Taeyeon~ah, i think something’s wrong with Yuri.” Yoona heard Sunny called out.

Taeyeon rushed to the monitor connected with the camera installed in YoonYul’s room. The girls saw Yuri through the monitor, sitting on the edge of the bed by the window.

“while i was fixing the photos on the table, i saw her woke up and went to the bathroom. After few minutes, she went out and sat there. She’s just sitting there for a while now. It’s a little bit weird isn’t it?” Jessica explained.

“Yeah, honestly, Yuri is creeping me out right now.” Hyoyeon commented.

It’s no surprise why Yuri is behaving weirdly. They all blame it on Yuri’s character in her first drama. Because the girl is naturally bubbly and optimistic, she has to channel to be a depressant, workaholic, young woman who drinks alcohol to appease her sadness. To give her character a justice and to prove people that she could act, she started drinking depressant medicines that when you drink it, side effects may occur especially if there’s no permission of the psychologist.

This is where the problems start to kick in. Despite that Yuri is doing great with her acting skills, she seems to bring her character’s emotion in real life. It is unknown to the public that started to become aloof with people and silent. She kept her problems to herself and she also became depressed. Her close friends, the girls, Yoona and her family tried to help her by seeking Yuri a psychiatric help. Yuri did, but that doctor said that she cannot fully recover anymore even if she drinks her medicines and hints of suicidal attempts may occur.  Now, they kept their eyes closed on Yuri and always keep her happy especially Yoona.

Yoona wanted to blame the public and the company for putting too much pressure on Yuri but she can’t. She knows that Yuri is too self-sacrificing. She always put others first, instead of herself. It’s one of the things that Yoona loves and hate about Yuri. She wants Yuri to think of herself,too.

They all thought that Yuri was finally okay when she and Yoona got officially together. Like any other relationships, their’s has also ups and downs. There were countless fights, dramatic confessions and never ending support of their group. YoonYul’s relationship is not normal especially they’re both girls and they’re both most famous idol. But at the end of the day, their members, closest friends and families were there to support them.

But now they’re uncertain on what will happen.

“Unnie, what’s wrong with Yuri?!”  panic started to sink in on Yoona.

Taeyeon forgot that she’s on the phone with Yoona.

“Oh, sorry, i forgot that you’re still there. Something’s wrong with Yuri. She’s sitting there for a while now.”

“I’ll check on her.” Jessica said as she ran to YoonYul’s room.

Taeyeon ,Sunny and Hyoyeon watched on the monitor as Jessica entered the room. They saw as the ice princess walked slowly towards Yuri and when she finally reached the girl, a piercing scream was heard from the room.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! TAEYEON-AH! YURI’S BLEEDING!!!!” Jessica screamed.

“Unnie what’s wrong?! Why Sica unnie was screaming?!” Taeyeon heard Yoona said through the phone as she ran with the rest of the girls into YoonYul’s room.

“Hyo! Call manager oppa right away! Sunny, get Yuri’s anti-depressants!” the kid leader ordered.

Taeyeon gasped as she saw Yuri just sitting there blankly as if nothing’s wrong while Jessica tied to stop the bleeding on Yuri’s wrist.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked Jessica as she kept an eye on Yuri.

“I don’t know but when i approached her, i saw blood all over and her wrist was cut.” Jessica cried.

“Yuri-yah?” Taeyeon called calmly. Then, the tanned girl looked back at her with tears starts to pool on her eyes.

“Taeyeon-ah...Yoona’s going to leave me. I’m scared.” Yuri said sadly.

It pained the kid leader to see the once bubbly girl, looked so broken.

“Sunny-ah! Where’s Yuri’s medicine?!” Taeyeon yelled but she faltered a bit as she watched Yuri cried in front of her.

Then, Sunny came in running with bottles in hand.

“These are all expired! It’s been a long time since she last drink this. I called manager oppa to buy immediately.” Sunny said.

“Unnie! What’s going on there?! I want to go there, i want to see Yuri, please?!” Yoona pleaded through the phone.

Taeyeon walked to the corner and yelled, “GODDAMNIT, YOONA! DO AS I TOLD YOU, OKAY?! SOMETHING’S WRONG WITH YURI AND THERE’S NOTHING YOU COULD DO RIGHT NOW!  I WILL NOT LOSE A SISTER LIKE THIS OKAY?!” Taeyeon broked down and cried.

“I can’t lose Yuri-yah like this.” Taeyeon mumbled through her tears. “Please Yoona, let unnie take care of this. I promise Yuri will be alright.”

Yoona wanted to yell back at her unnie for depriving the right to take care of Yuri but there’s nothing she could do. She knows  that her sisters will take care of Yuri whenever she can’t.

“N-ne, unnie. Tell her i love her no matter what. Please  take care of her.” Yoona said through her tears and hang up the phone.

“Taeyeon-ah! Yuri fainted!” Sunny cried as Jessica cradles Yuri.

 

**

 

Yuri woke up after long hours of sleep. Her head hurts. She doesn’t know if it’s from sleeping too much or from too much crying but she’s willing to accept the pain as long as it numbs her.

She nurse her head as she sat up slowly. She saw one of her wrist was bandaged.

‘I guess i failed to die this time.’ She thought as she rest her back on the headboard.

As she caressed the bandage on her wrist, she immediately know that the girls saved her just in time. Memories in why she did this started to kick in.

‘Yoona-yah, why did you lie to me? Why did you made me believe in all your lies? Four months ago, i thought you’re ready to fight our relationship. Four months ago, you were extra sweet to me, you always show me how much you love me. You initiate the skinship during our public appearances now. You let me kiss you and hug you in public. Bull all those times,you were in love with someone else.”

Yuri started to cry again even though her tears are already dried up. She’ll spend her whole life crying for Yoona if she has to. She doesn’t want anyone else but Yoona.

She continued crying when someone knocked on her door.

“Yuri-yah?” a voice said.

Yuri looked up with her teary eyes and saw Tiffany smiled sadly at her.

“I came here as fast as i could when Hyo called me. Soo cancelled her photoshoot today and she’s near home. Seobaby is on her way home. Yonghwa and her were supposed to visit their goguma field today but Yong oppa told her it’s better that they postpone it.”

Yuri couldn’t help but feel happy that the girls were sacrificing their own well-being for her.

How about Yoona? Did she hear what happened? She thought.

“I know you’re thinking about Yoona. She can’t cancel her filming because the company told her to finish the filming for our comeback.” Tiffany said sadly but she held Yuri’s hand. “Don’t worry, we informed her already. She said to take care of you.”

Others sacrificed themselves for me, why can’t you, Yoona? Am i not that important anymore? Is it Lee Seunggi now, reigning your heart?

Yuri started to cry again. This time, Tiffany held her. The eyesmile girl let her sister cried and when Yuri started to calm down, she asked,

“Yuri-yah, do you want to go with me on a vacation?”

Yuri looked up at her with questioning eyes.

“W-what?”

“Go on a vacation with me, Yul. I want to go somewhere in Europe. Do you want to come with me?” Tiffany smiled.

“H-how about the girls?”

“I already told them i want to go on vacation and i’m going to bring you with me, so i can’t take no for an answer okay?”

“What about your schedules?”

“I can make time for my family, can’t I? You’re more important than those obligations, Yuri-yah. Remember that. Everyone who loves you, always makes time for you.”

Yuri cried again as she replayed those words on Yuri’s head.

Everyone who loves you, always makes time for you.

She’ll never be important to Yoona anymore.

 

**

 

After few days since the incident with Yuri happened, Yoona went home as fast as she could. She came into their dorm panting as she tried to catch her breath.

“W-where’s Y-Yuri?! I came here as fast as i could! Where is she?! YURI! YURI! I’M HOME! BABY!”

Yoona ran all over the dorm to find Yuri but sadly, she couldn’t find the girl.

She walked back to the living room and saw the sad look on the girls’ faces.

“w-what’s wrong, unnie? Where’s Yuri?” Yoona asked again.

Taeyeon looked at her and said, “Yuri left.”

Yoona stood there dumbfounded. The only thing that runs in her mind is Yuri left her.

“W-what?” Yoona mumbled. “Yuri can’t leave me! She can’t.” She tried to laugh but tears starts to pool on her eyes.

“Here. She wrote you a letter.” Sooyoung said as she handed Yoona, a letter that Yuri left.

Yoona opened the letter and read the words that Yuri left her.

 

Yoong~,

My beautiful and lovely Yoong, you’re probably reading this while in front of the girls or while you’re alone but one thing i know is while you’re reading this, i’m already in the plane to Italy. I remembered you told me that you wanted to go to Italy with me before. You promised that after all of these, we will fly to Europe and travel together. But i guess this is just a wish that will probably never come true. I don’t know when will i come back or if i ever want to come back. Everything hurts me, staying there. I’m hurting you and also the girls.

I thought about it alot. I know you want to talk about this and i should ask you about this. But i don’t want to. I’m too tired to cry anymore. I don’t want to let you and the girls suffer because of me.

 I guess you were tired taking care of me. Who would want a crazy, depressed, bipolar girl as a girlfriend, right?  Maybe that’s why you looked for someone who could take care of you, because i can’t. I know there’s a point in your life that you want to give up on me. How can i deprived you that? I want happiness for you, so as much as i hurt to say this, i’m letting you go now. While i’ll try to live on my own.

I don’t what will happen between us. I wish someday you could still love me because i always love you, Yoong. You’re my soulmate. I hope you could find your happiness as i will try to find mine.

Be happy my Yoong~...

I hope you’re happy now.

Love always,

Yul

Xoxo

 

Yoona broked down as she hugged Yuri’s letter. Yuri left her. She could’ve stop her, she could’ve go there and look for her. But she couldn’t.

As she was crying her eyes out, arms were around her. She looked up and saw all of her unnies and the maknae, hugging her.

“Unnie, Y-Yuri...she...” Yoona cried.

“Ssshh...it’s better this way, Yoong. There will come a time that you and Yuri will talk. But for the mean time, let her escape all of this for a while. We asked Tiffany to take Yuri out of the country to breathe. Let Yuri be happy even if it’s just for a while.” Taeyeon assured her dongsaeng.

“B-but Yuri...she left. What if she doesn’t come back?” Yoona feared.

“Then, let’s respect her, Yoong. No matter what happened, as long as we’re nine, alive and happy, everything’s alright. Yuri will be always part of us.” Taeyeon assured.

“Yoong, we’re doing this not just for Yuri but for you as well. You can take this chance to think about everything. Like, talk to Seunggi oppa everything. I know your concern right now is Yuri but remember that you also have Seunggi oppa.” Jessica said bluntly.

“We’ll never let anything happen to Yuri but you also have to sort things out first, okay?” Sooyoung said.

Yoona nodded and closed her eyes.

If she could only run away right now, she would. If she could apologise to Yuri for hurting her, she would. She’s now the reason why Yuri is hurting. If something happens to Yuri, she’ll never forgive herself forever.

 

**

So what do you think? :) i know it's too cliche to use the current issue but please don't kill me after this. lol.