1

첫 눈

There was nothing more that Chanyeol can say but yes to his grandparents who invited him to their 50th wedding aniversary. He declined a lot of wedding invitations, even wedding coverages for the past year, but his grandparents would not take no for an answer. Chanyeol agreed, as long as they would let him click the event away. Chanyeol cannot deny his grandparents since they raised him. He practically lived with them for half of his life until his parents finally came home. 

His cousins came with dates and the same goes for his sister who came with her fiance. Chanyeol came with his camera and he's sure that the moment he stops clicking his camera his relatives would start questioning him, but he was wrong. His camera wa no hindrance to his relatives, especially his sister, who's already beside the oblivious Chanyeol.

"It's been a long time brother. I missed you." Yura hugged Chanyeol from behind.

"NOONAAAA! My shots are turning ugly, stop it." Chanyeol breaks away.

Yura was taken aback with Chanyeol's reaction but still she smiled because at least, Chanyeol had a reaction."So is this how you treat your beautiful noona whom you haven't seen for a while?"

Chanyeol continued taking shots of the event. " Noona, look I'm busy."

"You're keeping yourself preoccupied." Yura snatches Chanyeol's camera from him.

"Noona, seriously?" and Chanyeol grabs it back easily. Height advantage. 

"Before you start clicking the afternoon away," Yura pulls out an envelope and hands it over to Chanyeol.".. come to my wedding."

"Noona..." 

"Oh c'mon Chanyeol, it's been a year, get over it." 

And it sinks in on Chanyeol.

A year has passed. It's winter again.

With winter came snow. Chanyeol despises the snow. He hates the cold. He hates walking through the streets of Seoul in the cold.

 

His noona borrowed his car and he had no choice but to take the subway home. He needed to walk a litle to get back to his apartment. He noticed how  it got colder as he walked farther.. and then it happened. 

It snowed. It was the first snow this year. Chanyeol finds himself stuck in a state of trance. Everything he tried so hard to forget came crashing down on him. He hates the snow. He hates how it reminded him of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun. Yes, Byun Baekhyun. The only guy Chanyeol loved, and still loves. I think some things were never meant to change. Even if Chanyeol says he hates snow. Deep within, he still loves it, just like how he loves Baekhyun, because snow reminds him of Baekhyun. His innocence. His skin. His smile. And the memories come crashing down on him.

Chanyeol felt a cold moisture run down his cheeks, he starts to wonder if it was the snow, but he was fooling himself because he knew. He knew those were his tears. Tears that are only shed for Baekhyun. Baekhyun who was nowhere to be found.

Chanyeol rushes to his apartment. He does not want people to see him cry. Hewent past every person on the way without looking, missing out on a few acquaintances who are puzzled with Chanyeol's actions.

Upon reaching his apartment door, Chanyeol broke down. He hates winter and the memories that come crashing down on him with the landing of the first snow. 

That night, Chanyeol cried himself to sleep.

It was in winter two years ago that Chanyeol met Baekhyun.

Chanyeol, then, was taking pictures of the park where they both were. I guess that's what photographers do when they're bored. His camera caught glimpse of a a brunette with a beautiful eye smile playing with a puppy. Chanyeol was fascinated, or rather enchanted with the brunette's beauty, that he cannot stop taking shots of the beautiful guy.

Candid shots were Chanyeol's favorite. He loves how genuine the emotions in candid shots feel. 

He continued taking photographs of the brunette until the brunette looked his way and smiled. Chanyeol felt the blood rush up his cheeks as he saw the brunette wave at him. He picked his puppy up and came walking towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol could only stare. 

 

"Hi." the brunette is now standing in front of him. "Can I see my shots?"

Chanyeol stood frozen.

"Uhm.. hello?" the brunette started waving in circles in front of Chanyeol's face. 

"Oh, hi." Chanyeol finally came back."You were saying?"

"I said, Can I see my shots?" the brunette eye smiled again, melting Chanyeol's heart a little bit more. 

"..Sure." and Chanyeol hands him his camera.

"Oooh, look Channie, we look good in this photo!"

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol glares at the brunette.

"Huh?" the brunette looks up at him with a questioning look.

"I believe you just said Channie?"

"Yeah, why? I was pertaining to my dog." the brunette answered and his questioning look slowly disappears and turns into horror."Jeez,does your name happen to be Channie?"

Chanyeol rubs the back of his head and laughs a little. "No, my grandma used to call me Channie.. I'm Chanyeol."

"Baekhyun... so I have two Channie's in my life now. Hahaha."

"I'd rather have you call me Chanyeol. reserve the Channie for the little guy." and he turns to Channie who Baekhyun just released.

"Okay then. Oh, can I have a copy of these shots?"

"Sure."

Just then, the first snow started falling.

"WOOOOOOW! LOOK SNOWWWWWWWW!" and Baekhyun tuned into a five year old child. He started jumping all over the place, and his dog Channie, joined him in his mini frenzy. Chanyeol can only watch as this precious moment passes by becuase as much as he wanted to capture it, his camera was with Baekhyun. He jsut sat on the bench and watched Baekhyun jump around like a mad dog. He figured it is best to capture this moment and keep it in the depths of his memory where no one can delete it. 

 

Baekhun collapsed to the ground next to his puppy, Channie. He was panting and clutching onto Chanyeol's camera. Oh yes. Chanyeol's camera. He remembers looking at his shots and never letting go of the camera. He sat up from where he was, looked around and saw Chanyeol sitting on a bench smiling at him. Chanyeol stood up and walked up to him. He sat down on th grass next to Baekhyun who was following him with his gaze.

"I'm sorry, I was holding your camera all this time."

"Naaaah, it's okay. By the way, are you hungry? Because you sure did a lot of jumping."

 

Baekhyun nodded. He handed the camera to Chanyeol and soon they were in Chanyeol's car. 

 

"So you're a photographer?" Baekhyun breaks the silence.

"Yaaah, you can say that.You? What do you do?"

"I'm a medical student." Baekhyun says with his head down.

"Cool. You are one smart kid, aren't you?"

"Naaah. I am just your average kid." 

"I don't think so... we're here." and Chanyeol unlocks his seatbelt causing Baekhyun to do as well.

"Is this... your house?" Baekhyun asks.

"Yes, I wanted to cook for you." Chanyeol answers while looking down.

"Well, it better be good." Baekhyun walks up the door to Chanyeol's apartment. 

 

Chanyeol's apartment was nice. The place was clean.. too clean. He had photographs hanging on his white walls and his house smelled of cappucino. Baekhyun wonders how much caffeine does Chanyeol take in on a daily basis because he knows the bad effects of taking excessive cafeine into the body. Chanyeol went straight into the kitchen and started preparing a meal.

"Are you okay with bulgogi?" Chanyeol shouts from the kitchen startling Baekhyun who was scanning the photographs.

"Yes. Anything will do with this hunger." Baekhyun shouts back.

About half an hour later, Chanyeol comes back with three platters of bulgogi,

"Three?" Baekhyun questions.

"For Channie." Chanyeol placed the third platter down the floor and Channie was too happy to eat. 

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol's gesture. He always had a soft spot for guys who care about animals because he cares for animals himself.

 

It only takes a few more minutes before Baekhyun completely falls for Chanyeol. I mean, look at this guy, a handsome fellow who can cook, a kind heart with a soft spot for animals, and well everything about Chanyeol screams perfection to Baekhyun now. Seeing a guy in action does not help with the feelings that start to stir up in the pits of your stomach. All the butterflies in Baekhyun's tummy are screaming love for Chanyeol.

 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun looked down. "You're a very nice person." and his cheeks turn bright red. He doesn't exactly know why he had to say that right now. His mouth seemed to have a life of it's own.

Chanyeol can only smile. "Come." He pulls a puzzled Baekhyun from his seat and takes him into a room.

Baekhyun pulls his hands out of Chanyeol's grasp. "I'm not that kind of person." Baekhyun looks at the ground while talking.

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol laughs.

"I don't do one night stands.. and besides, it's still early."

"HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA!.." Baekhyun was taken aback by the fit of laughter that Chanyeol was enjoying at the moment. "You...HAHAHAAHA.. Actually.. HAHAHA.. thought... HAHAHA.. I.... HAHAHAHA. was.. HAHAHA..." Baekhyun coveredChanyeol's mouth with his hands to stop Chanyeol from talking more nonsense.

"STOP. Okay.. I was wrong. So why are we here?" and Baekhyun pouts.

"You said you wanted a copy of the shots I got you. I was taking you to my mini-studio." And Chanyeol opens the door and Baekhyun is presented with a room full of photographs, mostly of a woman.. candid photos of her. Baekhyun cannot help but gasp. Chanyeol's probably straight and it sent a blow directly to his heart. Chanyeol did not miss that disappointed look on Baekhyun's face and immediately cleared the air by telling Baekhyun that the girl in the photos is his sister, Yura. The glow on Baekhyun's face returned and Chanyeol was happy about that.

Chanyeol printed out two copies of the photographs he took of Baekhyun and gave one copy to Baekhyun. When they were done touring Chanyeol's apartment and laughing their heads off, Baekhyun noticed the time. 9PM. He had been in Chanyeol's apartment for roughly 4 hours. With one last look on his watch Baekhyun told Chanyeol that he had to go. Chanyeol picked his keys up asked to take Baekhyun home, Baekhyun insisted that he did not live far off, and a car ride is not necessary. Chanyeol insisted on taking Baekhyun home. Baekhyun agreed if Chanyeol agrees to walk instead. Chanyeol loved the idea because it basically meant more time to be with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun lived in an apartment nearby. He told Chanyeol he shared it with his half-brother just so there would be no tension if Kyungsoo happens to get the door for him. The walk to Baekhyun's house was silent except for the talk about Kyungsoo. Chanyeol kept on glancing at Baekhyun who shyly looks away everytime they're eyes met.

It did not take long before they were in Baekhyun's apartment building.

"Wow. Nice house. Maybe I can visit some time?" Chanyeol says with hands on the back pocket of his pants. 

Baekhyun, who was waiting for Kyungsoo to open the door since he did not bring his keys because he was just out for an afternoon walk and ended up in someone else's house, does not know what to say.

"Can I?" Chanyeol moves closer and retaliates his question.

"Of..  course." Baekhyun answers and steps back.

"Give me your number then, so I can tell you when I'm coming. Or better yet, I'll just drop by tomorrow afternoon." 

Baekhyun froze. Chanyeol wants to see him again, and if that wasn't enough, Chanyeol is flirting with him right now. He cannot help but notice how Chanyeol's deep voice seem to be more attractive by a hundred fold. 

And Kyungsoo breaks the moment by opening the door. He was staring at Chanyeol with his big doe eyes before he finally looked at Baekhyun who he thinks will melt in a matter of seconds. He nudges Baekhyun and stares him down. His eyes speak for him. His stare which bounces from Chanyeol back to Baekhyun roughly translates to Who the is this guy? What is he doing here? You got a lot of explaining to do.

"Chan.. yeol. This is my half-brother Kyungsoo.." Baekhyun breaks the silence.

"Oh, Hello Kyungsoo.. I'm Chanyeol" Chanyeol extends his hand for Kyungsoo to shake but all he gets from Kyungsoo is a death glare. "So, I guess I'll be going.. see you tomorrow, Baekhyun. Nice meeting you Kyungsoo." Chanyeol rubs the back of his nead before heading for the stairs waving at Baekhyun who stayed frozen in front of the doe-eyed Kyungsoo.

Once Chanyeol's was nowhere in sight. Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun inside the house and started yelling profanities at his obviously lovestruck brother,

"WHERE THE DID YOU GO? WHO WAS THAT GUY? WHERE DI YOU MEET HIM? HOW COME I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE? YOU KNOW HOW DEAD WORRIED I WAS FOR YOU? I AM THE YOUNGER HERE BUT I AM FOR ING MATURE THAN YOUUU. YOU ING SCARED ME TO DEATH WHEN YOU WERE GONE FOR HOURS AND YET I HEAR NO EXPLANATION FROM YOU!!!"

"SHUT UP WILL YOUUUUU. I THINK I JUST FOUND THE MAN OF MY DREAMS." Kyungsoo just stares at his lovestruck brother. It was not like Baekhyun was not a hopeless romantic in the first place, but seeing Baekhyun actually in love was more terrifying than watching him flail over every chick flick he watched. He drops the subject and proceeds to his room trying to digest how his brother fll in love in one afternoon when he clearly believes it takes time before two people should fall in love.

Baekhyun was left in the living room, wondering how he ended up like this after one afternoon of supposed walking his dog. Channie stares at Baekhyun and climbs onto his lap to rest. Baekhyun did not seem to notice the dog which is tired out for the day.

 

 

Chanyeol did come back the next day, and the next, and the next and the next. He had been a constant visitor in Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's house. Kyungsoo was dismissive at first. Trying to dodge every act of kindness Chanyeol threw at him. He despised Chanyeol because he knew, Baekhyun now had less time to spend with him and he just hates it. He hates where all this is heading.

Kyungsoo's hatred for Chanyeol increased when the latter chose to spend Christmas Day with them. Kyungsoo did everything to make the stupid giant go away. He made his Kimchi spaghetti extra spicy. Baekhyun wondered why Chanyeol suddenly sprinted for the faucet to wash his mouth and found the answers in Kyungsoo's evil smile.

"KYUNGSOO STOP!" Baekhyun yelled at Kyungsoo.

"What did I do?" Kyungsoo shrugged." Ohwell, I'll be off to my room and watch a movie.. enjoy your night.. hyung."

Baekhyun glared at Kyungsoo who simply glared back. Of course Kyungsoo wins with his doe eyes that he got from his dad. Baekhyun questions why his dad's eyes were a tad small. Kyungsoo picks up Channie who's been witnessing the war between the two brothers and goes in his room. Chanyeol gets back from the kitchen to the dining area.

"Baek, is your brother mad at me for some reason?" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's eyes asking for an answer.

Baekhyun simply stands up and puts his arms around Chanyeol's neck and looks Chanyeol straight in the eyes. "He's just jealous because I have you and you have me." Chanyeol blushes from Baekhyun's words.He doesn't even need t othink of what to do next because the situation just set it up for him already. He closes the gap between him and Baekhyun and they both forget what breathing feels like. Whe nthey were both satistfied, they broke the kiss off and staredat each other. Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun and whispered 'Merry Christmas Baek' into his ear.

Kyungsoo peeks from his room, tossing Channie to his bed so the little animal won't be heard from the outside, and he slams the door startling the lovers outside.

"Was that Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asks.

"Never mind.. jsut hug me, ."

And they spent the rest of Christmas day cuddling by the fireplace.

 

Chanyeol also spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with the brothers except that Kyungsoo again chose to lock himself up in his room fter dinner. Kyungsoo blasted the place up with rock music which as Baekhyun said was strange because his brother never liked those kind. He must have randomly searched a rock playlist on 8tracks to annoy Baekhyun.

 

The little rascal had 1001 ways to break the happy couple apart. He tried each and everyone of them but failed on every attempt.

 

It wasn't until Baekhyun's birthday that Kyungsoo finally gave whatever Chanyeol and Baekhyun had his blessing after he saw how much Chanyeol loved his brother.

Chanyeol set up a birthday party for Baekhyun, the venue was filled with all the candid shots he had of Baekhyun. Baekhyun cried at the sight. He wasa er for surprises, especially those done on his birthday. 

Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol in front everyone in the party.

"You ." He whispers into Chanyeol's chest.

"Hey, stop with the profanities." Chanyeol hugs him tighter and plants a kiss on his hair. " I love you."

"I love you, too." Baekhyun sheds tears of joy.

It was then and there that Kyungsoo gave up on his one-sided war with Chanyeol. He knew Baekhyun wa perfectly happy with Chanyeol so why would he put up a fit?

"Hey, , who will be washing these dishes?" Kyungsoo glares at Chanyeol.

"You're talking to me?" Chanyeol blinks at the sudden conversation.

"Yes, you. Why? Would you let my brother wash dishes on his birthday?" Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow at Chanyeol before he left for his room as usual.

"Baek, did you hear that? Kyungsoo talked to me!" Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol before leaning close to his ear and whispered "I told you, he likes you.. he's just not used to sharing my attention with other people." 

They chuckle together.

"QUIT THE LAUGHING I AM TRYING TO SLEEP!" Kyungsoo yells from his room.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol always went on backpacking trips all around Korea whenever Baekhyun's schedule allowed, They invited Kyungsoo sometimes, and Kyungsoo gladly joined them as the thirdwheel. Sometimes he would bring his friend, Jongin, along. Baekhyun loved the backpacking trips especially the ride in Chanyeol's car. He would often turn up the volume of the stereo, open the windows and sing to his hearts content. Chanyeol, who was used to peace and quiet in his life was against it at first but seeing Baekhyun happy as hell, he gave in. Of course Baekhyun's happiness came first. Aside from that, Baekhyun always rewards him with a peck on the lips whenever he's satisfied with the singing he's done so Chanyeol never complained about anything.

 

Chanyeol's life suddenly was all about Baekhyun. He made sure his schedule would always give way for him fetching Baekhyun after his classes. He even turned down a few clients just because the time happens to coincide with Baekhyun's dismissal. Chanyeol was always there waiting for Baekhyun at the university gates. Baekhyun would always look forward to Chanyeol's car waiting outside for him. So one day, when Chanyeol was not there to fetch him, Baekhyun was worried. He immediately fished out his phone and dialed Chanyeol's number. aFtera few rings,Chanyeol answered.

"Ya, Baekhyun."

"Chan.. yeol? Where are you?"

"I'm just around the corner, sorry I'm late."

Baekhyun can see Chanyeol's car turning to his direction.

Chanyeol goes out of the car to get Baekhyun's stuff.

"You're not usually late. Is there something wrong?"  Baekhyun remarks.

"Oh nothing, I just want you to look at the backseat for a while..." and Chanyeol puts up his infectious smile which made Baekhyu nwonder what his boyfriend is up to.

"Channie!!!" 

"I took him to the groomers because lately you dont't have the time to. Doesn't our son look better when he's all groomed?" Chanyeol boasted.

"Excuse you? Our son?" Baekhyun teases Chanyeol while hugging Channie who smells oh so good.

"Well, I heard you call Channie, your son the other day, so I figured he must be OUR son. So i took up the responsibility of taking care of the little guy."

Chanyeol was caught offguard by the sudden peck on the lips Baekhyun gave him accompanied by Channie's on his cheeks.

"Well, I guess we both decided to thank you, Dad," and Baekhyun showed off Chanyeol's favorite eyesmile.

 

 

For Chanyeol's  birthday, Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo to cook Kimchi spaghetti for them but Baekhyun was the one surprised when Chanyeol took him out to dine with his family. Baekhyun dragged Kyungsoo along just in case he messes things up, ther would be someone there for him. Chanyeol's mom and dad were there. His sister came with her fiance. Everyone welcomed Baekhyun with a smile.

"So you are THE Baekhyun." Chanyeol's mom says in delight. "Please take a seat. You too, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo stares at Chanyeol with his doe eyes. Chanyeol mouths a 'they know all about Baekhyun including you' and Kyungsoo starts to wonder if Chanyeol ever told his mother about the hardships he caused upon Chanyeol and decided he needed an escape plan.

"Oh you two are cute. I wish I had more sons..so shall we eat?"

Baekhyun could not believe his eyes. Chanyeol's family was okay with him being gay, and they gladly welcomed him into  their lives. Kyungsoo was the happiest for his brother who finally got his happy ending at arms reach. He couldn't help but wonder how will he find his own. The dinner came to a close and Chanyeol drove Kyungsoo and Baekhyun home. Baekhyun's smile never left his lips. Chanyeol notices and takes Baekhyun's hand in his and squeezes it.

"I'll never let you go. I'd die if you leave me."

Baekhyun blushes and pecks Chanyeol's cheeks.

Kyungsoo coughs reminding the two love birds that he's still with them. Baekhyun breaks off and sends a death glare in Kyungsoo's direction.

 

When they arrive in Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's apartment, Chanyeol noticed how tired Baekhyun is and immediately sent him to his room plating a kiss on his lips before closingthe door and the lights and taking Channie who was barkin so loud, out of the room.

 

"Kyungsoo." Chanyeol's tone was serious. "I need your help."

"With what?" Kyungsoo comes up with the most annoyed tone he can ever produce because he's still not over the insensitivity back there in the car.

"I want ot ask Baekhyun to marry me."

Kyungsoo froze.

 

in the end, Kyungsoo agreed to participate in Chanyeol's proposal. Chanyeol rented a hotel ballroom and filled it with Baekhyun's photos once more. He dressed Channie in a suit as the dog has a big role in this proposal. 

Kyungsoo manages to kidnap his own brother when he arrived this afternoon and take him to the hotel ballroom where Chanyeol's waiting. Baekhyun's blindfolded the whole time. Kyungsoo only removed the blindfold once they were inside the ballroom. Chanyeol's voice filled the room. He sang. Yes, he can ing sing and he hid it from Baekhyun just so he canuse it when this moment comes. 

Baekhyun cries as he sees what Chanyeol made out of the place. It was full of him. He noticed how Chanyeol looks amazing more than ever. He walked up to Chanyeol who stopped singing and paying the guitar, he stood up and hugged Baekhyun.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to my life, and I think you know that. Ever since I met you, my days got better and I had this feeling of not wanting o let you go since Day 1. I'm a photographer and I have seen thousandsof smiles before you but nothing ca ncomapre to your smile.. especially that eye smile of yours.. and I wish to wake up to that every ing morning of my life.. so will you marry me?" Chanyeol got the red velvet box from Channie.

Baekhyun froze. He felt lost for words. He jsut stood there and cried and cried. His throat went dry.

"No." Baekhyun answered. "Chanyeol, I'm sorry, I cannot marry you." Baekhyun continued crying. ".. there are some things in this world not meant for us.. and marriage is one of them," Chanyeol comes closer and holds Baekhyun by the shoulders.

"hey, baby, you're joking aren't you?" tears are welling up in Chanyeol's eyes.

"No, I'm not. We need to end this, Goodbye Chanyeol." He removes Chanyeol's grasp on himhe ran to the door but was he stopped midway.

"Chanyeol...." Baekhyun barely answers as more tears are flowing down his face. "I...-"

"You know what? I don't want to hear what explanation you got anymore," Chanyeol raises his arms up in the air in exasperation and he leaves the hotel crying his heart out.When he got out, he felt tiny snowflakes fall down his nose. Today was this year's first snow. It was like the day he met Baekhyun. He met Baekhyun when the first snow fell last year, and he dumped him with the first snow of this year. 

 

The next day, he tried to look for Baekhyun but he was no longer living in the same apartment. The neighbors have no idea of her the brothers moved. Chanyeol went searching like crazy but all hopes were gone when springtime came and still no sight of Baekhyun. Yura was worried for him and so are his parents and they tried to convince him that maybe, Baekhyun isn't the one for him, his heart believes otherwise. 

Yura came to his apartment every single day jsut to check if Chanyeol is still breathing. He's that pathetic when Baekhyun left. The first few days were rough. Chanyeol downed a whole load of soju and passed out on the floor. Yura had to take care fo him for the rest of the week after that because he was nowhere near okay and functional. He searched the streets for Baekhyun like a mad man. Yura just watched her only brother fall apart. She had nothing else to do. Chanyeol was hopeless. She felt useless because no matter ho hardshe tried, she'll never be able to fix her brother. Her visits eventually stopped when Chanyeol suddenly decided to live his life as if Baekhyun never happened. Yura knew it was wrong but if it what it takes to get Chanyeol functioning, she jsut let every apprehension in her body go. She went back to her old lifestyle of just seeing Chanyeol once in a while. Chanyeol stopped talking to people though.

 

He spent the following months working his off but avoiding all projects that deal with weddings. He lost all sense of emotion when Baekhyun left. 

Chanyeol woke up the next morning with puffy eyes which served as a reminder of what he was doing before he fell asleep. His assistant called to tell him had to meet up a client in 30 minutes. Chanyeol hurriedly dressed himself up and went to the cafe suggested by his client. Chanyeol scanned the place looking for his client who said that he was wearing a Pororo sweatshirt. He tried to get out of the cafe only to be stopped by the client.

"Chanyeol." the client grabbed his arm.

"Why? D.O.? Seriously?" Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo.

"Would you mind sitting down first?" Kyungsoo led Chanyeol to his table.

"So what's this all about Kyungsoo?"Chanyeol sounded annoyed.

"Chanyeol, you have to listen to me. Do you still love Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol was surprised with the question.

"Does it matter? Not that it matters to him."

"It does. Listen to me, Chanyeol" Kyungsoo cups Chanyeol's face and makes Chanyeol face him." I know you are dying to know how my brother is.. well, he is dying."

Chanyeol's eyes widen.

"Dying?" Chanyeol's tears are starting to flow."Baekhyun's dying? Why is he dying? Where is he?" Chanyeol is hysterical. He gets up and starts pulling his hair.

"Relax." Kyungsoo motions him to sit down.

"Relax? How can I relax when you just told me your brother is dying???/ Tell me how????"

"I cam here to tell you. Baekhyun still loves you. He never stopped. He just got scared."

"Scared of what? Where is he now? Take me to him."

"Not yet. I want you to understand everything first before taking you to him."

"But we don't have much time if he's dying. Take me to him now." Chanyeol protest and starts standing up once more.

"No. Not until you hear everything I got to say. This will be quick."

Chanyeol finally sits down and signals for Kyungsoo to start,

"Baekhyun's been sick for a while. He turned down your proposal because he was diagnosed with Leukemia. The doctor told him he only had a few months to live, Baekhyun was depressed. He was afraid to leave you broken if he dies while he's with you, so he took the easy way out, he declined your proposal. He wanted to take it back but you left. He thought it might be the best if he left. We left the apartment the same night and transfered far off. It took a month before I got to convince him to fight for his life. He decided to give it a try. His condition improved but it was not enough. I have been trying to contact you for months but Baekhyun did not want me to do so. It was not until I saw you crying yesterday in front of your house that I finally hadthe strength to defy Baekhyun's request.. Chanyeol he needs you.. He needs you there. He's notdriven enough to live. And I amthining, he' be stronger if he finds you there.. for him."

Chanyeol was crying the whole time. "Yesterday was the first snow. I should have seen it with him"

"He's not allowed to go out. His immune system is too weak." Kyungsoo's eyes are welling up with tears.

Chanyeol holds Kyungsoo's hand and begs. "Take me to him."

Kyungsoo drove Chanyeol's car as he sees Chanyeol is in no condition to drive. Chanyeol stays silent the whole drive. His tears keep on falling as the minutes pass by. He clutches onto his thighs and tries to keep calm when internally his heart is screaming.

They arrive at a particular hospital in Seoul. Kyungsoo takes him to Room 527.

"Are you ready?"

Chanyeol wipes his tears away and nods. Kyungsoo opens the door and Chanyeol hears a familiar voice.

"Kyungsoo?Are you back?"Baekhyun's voice feels weak. He's a lot thinner. And he's wearing a bonnet possibly to hide his loss of hair. Chanyeol's tears began falling once more. "Oh it is you Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun covers his mouth as he recognizes the figure standing behind Kyungsoo. "... Chanyeol?.. How?.."

Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun. He held him in his arms wher he belongs. Baekhyun welcomed the hug and cried himself in Chanyeol's arms.

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun's voice was weak.

"Sssssh.. " Chanyeol trries to fight back the tears."This time, I'll never let you go.. so will you marry me?" Chanyeol brings out the same red velvet box he had a year ago.