Lost

Against All Odds

"Has anyone seen Amber?" A sleepy Krystal asked while rubbing her eyes, she had just woke up after a very long night and found Amber not laying next to her. She was expecting to see her sleeping girlfriend since it hasnt been long till the two of them fell asleep around 4 in the morning. 

Its been two days since Suzy's incident and the first one was spent with Amber mourning inside the truck. The soldier took the incident so badly that for that whole day, she didnt eat, didnt talk and didnt sleep and now she's suddenly went out of the truck.

"She wasnt inside the truck when I woke up." Taeyeon said, the small woman has regained her health and was now helping others preparing for their breakfast where they had settled the night before to camp.

"No one noticed her went out the truck." Yuri had said and Krystal saw Eric gritted her teeth and suddenly went to run.

"Eric, where are you going?" Krystal called out.

"Amber's in danger." Everyone dropped their things and went to get all their guns and knives.

"Sam, Dara Jeno, stay here protect the camp. Dont go anywhere." Taeyeon had said as she threw Yuri a gun.

"Babe, stay here. I'll be at ease if you stay here." Tiffany nodded and squeezed herself in between Jeno and Dara.

The rest went running behind Eric, calling out Amber's name.

 

 

 

 

Theyve searched everywhere, meeting some zombies along their way as they spread out and covered all the possible places Amber couldve went to near their camp. There's no way Amber couldve gotten far but its already getting dark.

"She couldnt have gotten that far." Jessica said.

"But we've already searched the whole ground." Yuri said as she closed in at the group.

"She's probably back at the camp now." Everyone snapped at Krystal who's shedding tears now. She had never seen Amber in such state. Suzy's death mustve affected her girlfriend so much.

"I doubt that. Amber.. She may seem strong but deep inside she's really as fragile as a glass. She's been like this before right after her dad's death. She went missing for days and only Suzy found her. Im sorry Krystal but Amber.. Amber might not be in the camp when we go back there." Eric paused. " You guys go back, I'll keep searching for her, maybe she's just deep inside the forest." 

"Lets all go back." Krystal firmly said clenchinh her gun tightly in between her hands. Jessica noticed it and placed a comforting hand over her shoulders. "Amber's there. I know it."

"Come on guys. Lets just go." Jessica said, motioning her sister to move with the rest trailing behind them.

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal held her breath when she saw Dara shook her head, as if they had understood each other by the looks in the their eyes. Feeling annoyed, upset and at the same time sad, Krystal pushed herself inside the truck.

Everyone heaved long sighs.

"What are we going to do if something bad happened to Amber?" Yuri had raised the question. "She has the phone we're using to contact Gyeonsangnam-do. What are we going to do now?"

"Ohh the phone. Quick, give me your phone." Eric frantically said as he layed out his hand to all of them. Jeno snapped his finger when he understood what the guy had meant.

"You said she has the phone right?" Eric had just flashed the phone's screen in front of Taeyeon's face. "Is this her number?" 

"Yes? I think its Tiff's phone she was using before. So I think thats it." Taeyeon said, notived that it was in dials phone. "How did you know?"

"She did say that you guys have her number in case something bad hapen here and she's out, you can always call her." Eric said, remembering what Amber said the day when Suzy had died.

"Ohh right.. right.. How can I not thought of that." Taeyeon blurted out as the light bulb inside her head .

Eric and the rest gathered around as the guy pressed the green button, everyone held their breath waiting for it to ring, the resumed breathing when they heard it continued to ring. Their head turned as they heard a phone's ringing tone playing, the sound came louder every second.

"Hyung.." Jeno yelled out and Krystal immediately went out the truck, wiping her tears dry.

Amber was all covered with blood and all they hoped that it wasnt hers. The soldier's eyes were all tired and empty and her steps were all heavy as she drags her body into the camp, a gun in her hand and a knife on the other, both were dripping with blood. She mightve killed a few more on her way back, everyone had thought.

"Can someone please go check her for bites." Yuri suggested.

Krystal was about to go to her girlfriend but Jessica stopped her and everyone waited till Amber is almost a few feet away from them.

SLAP.

Everyone gasped after the palm-to-face contact had made. Jessica had just slapped Amber who doesnt seem to be fazed out by it.

"What the are you doing Amber? How could you make everyone worry, specially Krystal? Did you know we looked for you? Did you even thought that maybe something bad happened to Krystal while we're searching for you? Just what the are you doing.. Yeah sure Suzy died.. but she's not Krystal.. She's not.."

"Jess, stop." Krystal pulled her sister away from Amber. "It doesnt matter, she's back now.." Krystal walked to Amber and carressed her grilfriend's cheeks that was covered with blood that's already gone dry.

"She came back and that's what matters to me." 

"Im sorry." Amber muttered. Finally feeling the exhaustion, her knees gave out beside the gun and the knife that she lost hold of when Jessica slapped her. " I just felt so lost."

Krystal patted her head. "Its okay to feel that way sometimes, youre just human Amber, and you lost someone close to you, you have been seeing people die infront of you and its only natural to feel vulnerable. But atleast let me be with you while youre getting lost, I can always pull you back. So please, dont ever do this again. hmmm?" Amber only nodded.

"How many did you kill?" Eric asked out of nowhere, the guy cant really stand anything romantic to be honest.

And surprisingly, Amber answered. "A lot, I cant remember."

The rest of the group finally felt relieved, Amber seemed okay, not infected of the virus no bites or anything, so it means their journey to Gyeonsangnam-do will finally resume tomorrow.

"Come on baby, lets get you all cleaned up." Krystal said pulling her girlfriend up to her arms.

"Dont ever leave my side again, okay?" Amber felt guilty for making her Krystal so worried and felt so blessed for having a very understanding girlfriend that she is.

"I promise." Amber said before placing a light kiss on her girlfried's lips.