Defeated

Against All Odds

"Whats wrong Amber? Why are we stopping?" Taeyeon asked as she and the rest whose been waiting at the back of the truck for some good news that they'd finally arrived at the camp wondered why the truck was suddenly decreasing its speed.

"We're nowhere near the camp yet." Jessica voiced out as she too, peeked from the small window.

"We're running out of gas and I think we're gonna need to pursue on foot."

"What?" Tiffany exclaimed, sounding worried.

"Who couldve thought this monster doesnt have what it takes to drive us all the way to the camp.. Useless metal box." Yuri said, annoyed.

"What should we do then?" Instead of answering Amber got out of the truck and examined the whole road. It doesnt look like some zombies will just appear out of nowhere so she asked the whole gand to come out and plan the next thing they will do, whatever it might be.

"No.. Thats suicide Amber, I cant let you do this again.." Krystal said cupping her girlfriend's cheeks. Amber had just suggested for her and Jeno to go look around to see if there's a wrecked car somewhere near wherever they are, thats the last thing she had came up with, not wanting to risk everyone's life by walking out in the open. 

Jessica, Tiffany and Dara has no eyes for aiming nor firing a gun and much a disspointment, the three girls are so feminine and Amber cant even imagine how the three would even manage to keep up to most of them. She knew Jessica was a fast runner since she plays soccer a lot, but that cant guarantee her safety. And the rest will only be held back for trying to watch for those girls and it'll be just a burden.

Jeno is a smart killed, Amber has yet again proven that as he showed the map he have instinctively took from Taeyeon and Yuri's apartment. The map told them and Amber's calculation is right, the next town would be a kilometer away.

"We dont have much choice baby. Its either me and Jeno or all of us." Amber stated and its the truth, she's rather have herself killed than get everyone killed.

"Then I'll come with you.."

"No Krystal." Amber's voice raised a bit and sighed as she continued. "With you there, I'd only be worried and I'd probably go out of focus..Baby the last thing I'd want you to do is be stubborn right now. So please.. Just stay here." Krystal was about to say something again but Amber kissed her to shut her up.

"Can you please not do that when I'm around. Its still weird to see your sister being devoured like that. Its worst than seeing a zombie eating someone." Jessica said, setting her eyes anywhere but the couple who just broke away from the kiss.

Taeyeon chuckled at that, she find it cute whenever Jessica acts shy like that. Reminds her when they first kissed and the girl told her not to stare as if her eyes were flame and its burning her.

"I'll go with them."Yuri volunteered which made Tiffany whined. "But babe, I need you here with me.."

"Its okay, I'll go with them.." Tiffany said, stpiing towards Amber. "I'd rather have Yuri stay here than hear Tiffany whine like a freaking puppy."

"Thanks Taeyeon." Tiffany showed her best eye-smile giving the whole group something warm and just made the atmosphere a little less heavy.

"You think I'd let you?" Jessica said pulling Taeyon abck to her side by her colar.

"Yah..Im still older than you, not because Im short you can just do that to me." Taeyeon pretended irritated while fixing her shirt, pulling it down by its hem and readjusting her colar.

Yuri snort and the rest just smiled at the slight intimacy that had flickered around the long lost couple.

"Maybe we should just go all together Amber, seeing that your partners are all against your plan." Dara suggested but Amber isnt convinced and will never be. The group's safety is all that matters to her and nothing could change her mind.

"Sorry guys, but its better and faster to move in small number and I hate to say this but Jeno is the only one who can keep up with me. It'll be much easier to have only one back to watch than few more. I hope you understand what I mean." Everyone nodded except for a certain Krystal Jung.

"You said you wanted me to watch your back, now that Im insisting you dont want me there?" Krystal pushed her slightly by her shoulder.

Amber sought help from the group but it was out of their hand, Krystal is ebing just the girlfriend who wants to be with her lover no matter what the situation is. Its between the two and no one wants to try to meddle with.

Feeling defeated, Amber sighed, "Fine, if you want to get killed, fine come with us." Amber said in a huff, showing her girlfriend that she doesnt like the idea even the slightest of it. But Krystal seems to think otherwise, she smiled brightly just like whenever Amber would make excuses in the camp just so she can meet up with her even just for a five-minute staring at each other with a steel gate in between them.

"You wont let that happen." Krystal confidently said as she clung onto Amber's arm.

"Try to comeback without her and I'll behead you." Jessica warned that made Amber tensed up and sweat up. Her face lost its color in an instant.

Jeno shook his head as he walked back inside the truck to get the bags while the rest.. they were more afraid of the thought of Jessica beheading Amber than the zombies the trio would face along their way.