Final

Complete Happiness

November 27, Chanyeol happily celebrates his birthday today. It is a special day to him not only because it is his birthday but also it is his coming of age as a wolf and he will soon be meeting his mate. The thought excites him because he has been waiting for this day since he could remember, he wanted to have his mate and have pups with him, yes with HIM because in their pack of 12 are all male wolves and one of them is his mate-to-be.

 

"Happy Birthday Chanyeol-ah!"

 

Chanyeol is surprised by s with a party and he celebrates his special day with s as they throw him a special celebration. s give him their presents and Chen, one of his pack's member brings a cake with candles for him to blow, urging him to make a birthday wish.

 

'I wish to have Chen as my mate.'

 

Chen is Chanyeol's pack member and childhood friend; well all of them are actually childhood friends since they were formed by their parents as a pack from when they were children. They all grew up together. But what makes Chen special to Chanyeol is Chen is his first love. He fell for him since his arrival to the pack. Chen was the last member to join the pack and Chanyeol was drawn to Chen for some reasons. Chen is a very kind and caring member and he is very fond of all the members and that is why it is not that hard to like him.

 

The celebration continues through the night and they party all night until they become exhausted.

 

A day after Chanyeol celebrates his 21st birthday. He awakes with a painful burning sensation he feels on his skin. He knew that he was having his mark - the mark that will lead him to his destined mate. After 5 minutes of pain he sees his mark by his left collarbone and is surprised to see its form.

 

'It's the same one as Chen's.'

 

"Yes! I got my wish but what do I do? How do I tell him?"

 

"What are you saying?"

 

Chanyeol turned around to the voice, it was Chen. He entered their shared bedroom to call out Chanyeol for breakfast. Chen was tilting his head in confusion as he asks Chanyeol's problem.

 

"Ah. It's nothing. Never mind it." Chanyeol lies.

 

"You know you can tell me anything." Chen presses further.

 

"Don't mind me. It's okay and I'm fine." Chanyeol assures Chen.

 

"Oh well, guess I can't make you spill it. Anyway, I came to call you out for breakfast. Come on everyone's waiting." Chen says and gives up.

 

"Yeah sure. I'm hungry." Chanyeol replies.

 

"Let's go!" Chen exclaims as he grabs a Chanyeol's wrist and drags him to the dining room.

 

Chanyeol swears his heart is ready to explode as it beats fast with the contact.

 

At the dining room, Chanyeol is greeted by everyone and is interviewed how he liked his party. Apparently, he learns that it was Chen who planned and organized his party. Chanyeol thanks Chen for the surprise who says it was nothing and he'll gladly do it for a friend.

 

'Friend.' Oh yeah, Chanyeol remembers that Chen cares for all the members and would actually do anything to make them happy. Chen really is too good to s.

 

Chanyeol smiles though not as bright as his usual and eats his breakfast in silence as he plans on his moves to Chen to make him love him and claim him as his mate.

 

Easier said than done. Because his problem is not only his oblivious Chen pretty much dense with his feelings and is very fond with all members but also these other wolves likes to take Chen’s attention.

 

First instance, Maknae Line: D.O, Tao, Kai and Sehun

 

D.O, Tao, Kai and Sehun are getting really clingy recently towards Chen and making him do their whims. Especially about food. D.O makes Chen help him with his recipes in the kitchen; of course D.O, Chen and Chanyeol are the cooks of the pack. Most of the time Chanyeol cooks alone but he lets Chen prepare the ingredients he would cook. So it makes them also a team but D.O gets to prepare the ingredients with Chen and cook them as well, together. Chanyeol even sometimes see the two of them tasting the dish of the other and D.O is always feeding Chen like a married couple. Tao, Kai and Sehun are really big eaters and they make Chen cook them food and snacks. Chen, being the kind and caring hyung cooks for them and makes sure they are well fed and healthy.

 

Second instance, Luhan-hyung.

 

Luhan hyung is the constant excercise buddy of Chen every night. It was not a problem of Chanyeol before because those two were joined by Xiumin-hyung and Lay-hyung - that was until the two discovered they were mates and began to do their activities together alone, spending time with each other as much as they want. Which leaves Luhan-hyung alone with Chen. It would have been okay to excercise together only but Luhan-hyung insists on eating outside after their excercise time which makes their time together longer. Chen comes home really full and tired then he sleeps as soon as he showers, not spending time with Chanyeol anymore.

 

Third instance, Sehun.

 

Sehun is getting really clingy and attached to Chen recently. Sehun is not only getting clingy when it comes to food but also appears to like to cuddle with Chen. He sure is getting pretty cozy with Chen. He even got lucky to have picked Chen's present last year- movie coupons that they used together. Chen also seems to adore our youngest as he looks after him the most. Chen even thinks he is the most handsome in the pack. Chanyeol begs to differ because he is most definitely more handsome than Sehun, not to mention he is also y.

 

Fourth instance, Suho-hyung.

 

Suho-hyung is getting really suspicious when he notices and compliments Chen for every little action the younger makes. This situation gets worse when instead of only actions, Suho-hyung even compliments Chen's physical appearance.

 

"Chen, you're so kind to help hyung with the house chores."

 

"Chen, I really like your voice."

 

"Chen, you're smile is so addictive."

 

"Chen, you're so cute."

 

"Chen, you're so handsome."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chanyeol is now at his wits end thinking on how he could execute his plan to confess and claim Chen.

 

"Argh. What do I do?"

 

"Yah. Chanyeol-ah, what is your problem? You're so loud. You disturbed my nap time."

 

"Baekhyun-hyung? Ah. I'm sorry. I even interrupted your sleep when you should be resting more for the baby." Chanyeol apologizes.

 

"It's okay. I was getting hungry anyway. I'm going to ask Chen for delicious snacks." Baekhyun replies.

 

"Ah Chen is still asleep. He got tired last night."

 

"What?! You claimed him already? How? What happe-." Baekhyun suddenly exclaims.

 

Chanyeol immediately rushes to Baekhyun's side to cover his mouth and stop him from saying anything more. He remembers the time when he admitted to Kris about his mark and having Chen as his mate. Baekhyun overhears the conversation and rushed out to tell Chen. It was a good thing he was able to stop Baekhyun from telling Chen saying 'I must tell him personally, alone.'

 

"Nothing happened okay. Chen doesn't even know yet because I can't get him alone for myself because of the other members. I don't know what to do anymore, hyung." Chanyeol tells his hyung.

 

"Ah. I see. Chen is really still irresistible to other members." Baekhyun contemplates.

 

"I know. I remember the way you flirted with him last year. You even gave your picture to him saying 'Take me, Chen. I'm yours.' Really hyung." Chanyeol retorts.

 

"I liked him, you know. He was my first friend in the pack and he is close to me. He is special to me. He gives me the sense of comfort and protection in a partner because he loves us deeply." Baekhyun admits.

 

Chanyeol can only nod in agreement because what Baekhyun says is true. Chen is like a complete package of a father who protects, a mother who cares, a brother or friend who jokes and plays with you, and a partner who loves you rolled into one person in their pack. That was what makes Chen special to their pack and to each member in it.

 

"Anyway, I have Kris now. He loves me and gives me everything I need and want, more than what I felt with Chen. I feel complete and I love him more than I liked Chen and we'll be having a happy family." Baekhyun boasts.

 

Chanyeol could only laugh at Baekhyun's staement. But he then feels bitter with Baekhyun's happiness with his own mate and their future family because he also wants to have one with Chen now.

 

Chanyeol then makes a snack for Baekhyun and stares to thin air at the kitchen counter.

 

"Chanyeol-ah." A hand waves in front of Chanyeol's face and he looks to his side.

 

"Xiumin-hyung. What is it?"

 

"You've been in a daze for quite some time now. What's wrong?" Xiumin asks worriedly.

 

Chanyeol looks around if anyone else is in the room. He can't risk anyone knowing of his problem anymore. He realizes everyone left to hunt except for Baekhyun who is pregnant and Lay who is feeling sick. Aside from Baekhyun and Kris, Xiumin and Lay got to know about his mark when he got injured on one hunt and the two helped him to cure his wound. They saw his mark when they bandaged his injury to avoid infection and help it heal.

 

"Hyung, I don't know what to do anymore. I can't get Chen alone to tell him we're mates and I can't claim him because he is always hogged by the other members. What do I do? Hyung, help me. Tell me what to do." Chanyeol whines and pouts.

 

"Ah. My Chen dongsaeng is really loveable." Xiumin proudly exclaims as he smiles widely.

 

"Hyung. You're not helping me at all." Chanyeol whines again.

 

"Okay okay. I'll stop but it's true though."

 

"I know. You, Lay-hyung and Kris-hyung were also pretty fond of him before. Kris likes to boss and order Chen around and really likes Chen because he obeys his orders. Both you and Lay-hyung also look out after him a lot." Chanyeol says as he sighs.

 

"Hey. That was more of a brotherly affection, you know." Xiumin defends.

 

"I know, hyung. But I can't help get jealous because I am not the only who he cares for and I am not the only one who cares for him. I want us to be special like how Kris-hyung is with Baekhyun-hyung and you with Lay-hyung." Chanyeol sadly says.

 

"You know what, Chanyeol-ah. Christmas is coming again and who knows what miracle will happen in December. Everything will work out." Xiumin encourages Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol could only nod and wish.

 

‘I want to have Chen this Christmas.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Unknown to Chanyeol, Chen already knows that Chanyeol is his mate. During the accident that got Chanyeol injured, Chen was the one who rescued him and cleaned his wounds; Chen saw his mark by his collarbones and Chen was surprised at how similar it was to his. He realizes Chanyeol was his fated mate. Relief passes through him as he realizes that his first love is his mate. He has loved Chanyeol for a long time now, he doesn’t remember when it started but he knows it was since they were young; something about Chanyeol draws him to and it feels very light to be him. But he decided to give up his feelings for Chanyeol when the said boy celebrated his birthday because he knows that maybe Chanyeol was not his fated mate and he knows how much Chanyeol anticipated to meet his mate and start a family with him. Chanyeol’s birthday would have been his last gift for Chanyeol as he gives up.

 

‘But how can I give you up now? When I now know you are my fate, my destiny, my mate.’

 

Chen kisses Chanyeol’s lips before Xiumin-hyung and Lay-hyung arrive to take Chanyeol back home and properly treat his wound.

 

“Xiumin-hyung, Lay-hyung, take care of Chanyeol. I must return to help the maknaes in the hunt. They are still not used to it.” Chen says as he changes back and leaves.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chen is dazed in his shared room with Chanyeol. He just came back because his mind is really out of it. Kris-hyung and Suho-hyung noticed this and adviced him to go home and rest before he may injure himself for not concentrating during the hunt. He now laid on his bed and stares at the ceiling.

 

“Yah. You two are really mates, aren’t you?”

 

Chen looks around and sits up as he sees a person near the closed door of his and Chanyeol's bedroom.

 

“Xiumin-hyung, stop teasing me. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Chen says to his hyung.

 

It has been a few days since the incident and Chanyeol has recovered pretty well; wolves do heal fast. And Chen has been thinking of ways to confront Chanyeol about their issue as mates. He is pretty sure Chanyeol knows they are mates because Chanyeol practically stripped his top off after his own birthday just to see his mark, if Chanyeol still remembers.

 

“I’m sure you heard what he said. He likes you Chen the way you like him.” Xiumin reminds him.

 

“Hyung, like is different from love. What if he likes me just because I’m his mate? He is pretty popular with the members, you know. What if he loves someone else?” Chen says.

 

‘If only this dense dongsaeng of mine can realize who the real popular one between them is, maybe he’ll realize Chanyeol really loves him.’

 

“Then let’s test that theory of yours. Here’s what you will do.”

 

‘Chanyeol is going to owe me big time after this favor.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Christmas Eve comes and the pack members gather to their living room to have their exchange gifts. The pack agrees to pick papers on who they would exchange gifts with. But only four gets to pick a member to exchange gifts with since Kris and Baekhyun and Xiumin and Lay are exclusive partners already. Luhan, Suho, Chanyeol, and D.O get to pick papers. Luhan reveals his partner – Sehun and the two both exchanges bubble teas and bubble tea coupons. Suho reveals his partner – Tao and the two both exchanges vitamins and energy drinks. D.O reveals his partner – Kai and the two exchanges stuff toy and food. Kris presents his gift to Baekhyun, a prepared bedroom for their coming pup. Kris thought nothing would top his gift but Baekhyun gives him an ultrasound picture of their baby, and Kris was in tears of joy. Xiumin gives Lay food that he likes and recently craves and Lay gives him the reason for his even bigger appetite – he’s a month pregnant! Xiumin is also surprised and cries in joy as he hugs and kisses Lay.

 

Chanyeol is nervous to open his paper as he knows with all members taken after revealing their partners, he is left with the member yet to be chosen – his mate, Chen. But Chen is out of sight now. Now he is eyed by s to reveal his partner. He shows them the paper with the name Chen written and he questions where Chen is. The members smile and they all bring him a big box. He opens the box and he almost dies of surprise when his beloved Chen emerges from the box.

 

“Merry Christmas, Chanyeol-ah.” Their members greeted him.

 

“But isn’t Chen supposed to give me his gift, why is it that the whole pack giving me him?” Chanyeol asks in confusion.

 

“This is our pack’s gift for you, your mate. We know we kinda took him from you before you could actually tell him. So here you go.” Suho explains.

 

Chanyeol could only nod.

 

“How did you guys even know?” Chanyeol asks again.

 

“Well, Xiumin-hyung says you’re getting pretty out of it because you can’t claim your mate.” Sehun nonchalantly says.

 

Chanyeol blushes as he hears that.

 

“Really, Xiumin-hyung, why that reason?” Chanyeol whines.

 

“Ah. Never mind it. Don’t you want to take Chen’s present for you?” Xiumin changes topic.

 

“Huh?”

 

Chen takes Chanyeol’s hand and drags him away from the members. They enter their room and Chen locks the door.

 

“Okay. Before you give your present, tell me how did you know you’re my mate, Chen? Did Xiumin-hyung tell you?” Chanyeol asks.

 

 

“No. When you got into the accident, I saved you and gave you first aid. I saw your mark. I admit I was surprised to know you were my mate because I loved you since we were young.” Chen confesses.

 

Chanyeol is shocked with the information and slowly processes them. Then it hits him, his Chen loves him since they were young just like how he loves Chen since their childhood.

 

“You love me? Are you sure? Is this a dream?” Chanyeol mutters loudly.

 

“I know you don’t love me because the members are pretty much all over you and you must love someone else. I’m sorry.” Chen says as tears slowly forms in his eyes.

 

Chanyeol watches Chen about to cry and he immediately hugs his mate and explains his side.

 

“Chen-ah, you’re wrong. I loved you since the first time I saw you. You’re my first love and my one true love. You’re my fate, my destiny. You’re my mate and you’re mine. I want you all for myself but I can’t because it is actually you who is popular with the members and they keep taking you from me. I love you, Chen. From the start until the end; it was, is, and will be always you.” Chanyeol confesses.

 

“Really?” Chen asks again.

 

“Really.” Chanyeol assures Chen and kisses him with all his love.

 

“Wow. Was that you’re gift? A confession and first kiss. This is the best Christmas gift. I have my mate.” Chanyeol happily exclaims.

 

“Actually, yes. That is my gift for you. My love. But this isn’t actually our first kiss; I kissed you after I discovered you are my mate. I’m sorry.” Chen shyly admits.

 

“It’s okay that you kissed me before so that I can ask you for another.” Chanyeol says and grins.

 

“What else do you want?” Chen asks.

 

“Can I claim you?” Chanyeol confidently asks.

 

Chen can only nod since he heard Chanyeol really wants to claim him and he knows Chanyeol really wants to do it with his mate, well him.

 

The couple spends Christmas together in each other’s arms as they become one, finally.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

New Year comes and the pack members once again gathers in the living room together to welcome the new year that is to come. The pack waits as the clock strikes 12 and they greet the New Year with wishes.

 

Chanyeol wishes.

 

‘I wish to have pups with Chen this year.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Later after the celebration, Chen and Chanyeol cuddle in bed. When Chen suddenly feels dizzy and gets the urge to vomit.

 

Chen gets out of bed and runs to the toilet to vomit.

 

“Are you feeling okay, baby?” Chanyeol asks as he soothes Chen’s back.

 

“I’m okay now. I’ll just brush again. I’ll also ask for medicine from Lay-hyung.” Chen tells his worried mate.

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol says relieved.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chen goes to his hyungs’ room to ask for medicine for dizziness.

 

“Lay-hyung, can you give me some medicine? I’m not feeling kinda well.” Chen says to his hyung.

 

“Why, Chen? What are you feeling, anyway?” Lay asks.

 

“Well, I’m feeling dizzy and I vomited just now. I also have been feeling kind of tired and sleepy lately.” Chen informs his hyung.

 

‘Well, looks like our Chen is pregnant as well.’

 

“Hmm. I can’t give you medicine though.” Lays says.

 

“But hyung, I’m not feeling well.” Chen insists.

 

“You know what I’ll tell you what is wrong with you but we need you in your room and with Chanyeol. Come on.” Lay tells Chen.

 

“Okay hyung.” Chen could only just agree.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Baby, are you feeling okay now?” Chanyeol asks his mate.

 

“I am feeling okay now. But Lay-hyung here won’t give me medicine.” Chen answers.

 

“Why Lay-hyung?” Chanyeol turns to ask Lay.

 

“Because your mate is pregnant and is carrying your pup.” Lay tells.

 

Chanyeol and Chen could only stare as the information is dropped on them.

 

“I’ll leave the both of you then.” Lay says as he closes the door.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, I…I’m pregnant?” Chen can’t believe it.

 

“Looks like it baby.” Chanyeol says as he hugs Chen tightly and smiling widely.

 

“We’re having a pup. I’m so happy.” Chen finally smiles.

 

“I know, baby. Thank you so much and I love you.” Chanyeol says as he kisses Chen on the lips.

 

‘Looks like this new year will also bring me happiness. My dream is fulfilled. I’m having a family with my beloved Chen.’

 

The End.