Final

Misery Business

One: The Break Up

 

13.06.2013

 

It was a chilly summer night.

Minji walked down the street while looking at the river on her left. She enjoyed summer evenings a lot. Probably becouse of the weather, or the relaxing sound of the birds singing. However, she was sure about one thing. Summer evenings were special becouse she met him in an evening like that. 

The cheerfull smile on her face vanished away at the thought of him. She loved him with all her heart and she was sure he loved her too. But regartless to all the promises and the love they had for each other, Minji still felt bad. 

Don't promise things you can't keep, they say. Taemin knew that very well, but he still promised her that he would not stop loving her. However, his behavour told otherwise.

He came home late at night and layed on the bed while texting on his phone. Probably to her. And even though he thought Minji was asleep, she wasn't. She'd stay up and sometimes hear their phone conversations. Without her own will, a tear would roll down everytime, but she'd whip it away immediately. 

She got nothing on you, he'd say. But she obviesly did. Heck, he would rather spend time with her than his own girlfriend, something that broke her heart even more.

 

But when I thought he was mine, she cought him by the mouth

 

He heart dropped, he eyes opened wide and her knees started to shake. Impossible, she thought, but she still couldn't deny that the person on her boyfriends face was defenetly Naeun, his on-screene wife.

Not wanting them to see her, Minji ran to the opposite direction. She kept running even when her legs were about to give up on her. Once she was infront of her apartment building, she stopped and started to control her breath. She hadn't noticed she had already begun crying, and once she realised, she dropped on her knees and sobbed loudly. 

She didn't care if anyone heard. It was midnight anyway, who would be around?

Once she felt a little bit better, she stood up and walked in. She entered the apartment she shared with Taemin and sat down on the coutch, still crying.

And when she heard the door open, she got ready to slap everything she saw on his face...

 

Two: Getting Back Together?

 

01.01.2014

 

It was official... After eight long months, Taemin would finally leave 'We Got Married' and another couple would replace the oh-so-loved Taeun. 

To Minji, it didn't make any difference. She knew Taemin would never stop contacting Naeun, and that was a well-known fact to everyone. Sure, it still hurt, but there was nothing she could do about it. If he was happy with Naeun, then she'd try to be happy for him.

She kept on thinking that way, until one day she overheard their conversation on the hall of the SBS building.

"I just can't wait until I get you off my back." 

"Oh yeah, couse then you'd finally be able to run back into that ugly 's arms!" 

"Don't you dare call her that, unless you want me to made a sceene infront of everyone."

"What are you gonna do? Hit me? Go ahead and then we'll see who's side people will take!"

Minji was half shocked, half amused. She did not know what had happened between them that they started hating each other so much, but it made her feel good inside, though she knew it was a pretty cruel thing to even think about.

They kept on arguing, until they saw Minji walk past them. She couldn't hide that pleased smirk on her face, nor did she want to. Giving Naeun an arrogant gaze, she dissapeared in her dressing room.

 

I waited eight longs months, she finally set him free
I told him I couldn't lie, he was the only one for me

 

She dragged him inside one of the many closets of the building and kissed him hard. Though Taemin was shocked, he still kissed her back while hugging her waist so tightly, Minji felt she could barely breathe. When they pulled away, Minji met his teary eyes, that were begging her to not leave him again.

"Nice chat you and Naeun had back there!" Minji said and smirked at him.

"I've missed you so much!" Taemin ignored her statement and just hugged her once again.

 

Three: The Truth

 

"Please hear me out!" Taemin begged once he was done with his bear hug. Minji looked in his eyes, and nodded slowly.

"I never meant to hurt you and if it wasn't for her jumping all over me, I wouldn't have hurt you at all! You know I would never lie about something like this, but I really did not kiss her, she just took me off guard." 

"Give me one good reason why I should belive you!" Minji said after a few seconds of silence.

"Becouse... What you heard today is the only proof I have! Don't forgive me, don't even come back to me if you don't want to, but don't think I cheated on you, couse I really didn't!" 

"But-"

"Just belive me."

Her doubts were all washed away once he pressed his soft lips on hers for a soft and passionante kiss.

 

Four : Chit-Chat

 

Minji and Taemin decided to take things slow. They started seeing each other again and mostly hang out like friends. Even though they were both craving for each other's touch and love, they still wouldn't risk to rush things.

As Minji was waiting outside of the movie theater for Taemin to come out, she heard a female voice call her name. Raising her head, she saw Son Naeun. Minji could tell she had cried becouse it was the last episode they were going to film. It was kinda normal to act all sad and teary, especially for the girls.

"What do you want?" Minji asked with a rather indiferent voice. Truth to be told, she didn't even want to look at her face, let alone talk to her.

"I just wanted to confirm my doubts!" She said with that same fake smile on her face.

 

Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change
Once a , you're nothing more, I'm sorry, that'll never change

 

 "I was wondering whether you and Taemin Oppa were back together." She said, with her smile never leaving her face.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that!"

"No offence but, I personaly would never give a second chance to my boyfriend if he cheated on me." Naeun said and flipped her long hair behind her back, while Minji looked at her in disbelief.

"And I personaly wouldn't give second chances to es like you who jump over eveyone when they have the chance!" Minji started, and slowly got amused by how Naeun's expression changed. "And last time I cheacked... He would have never kissed you if it wasn't for you taking him off guard." She added and shot her an amused smirk.

 

Well there's a million other girls who do it just like you
Looking as innocent as possible to get to who they want
And what they like, it's easy if you do it right
Well I refuse, I refuse, I refuse!

 

"You're just that much of an idiot aren't you? You basically can't make a man yours by being yourself and you have to become a fake so they start liking you!" Minji said and chuckled at her own statement. "Well, I'm sorry to slap this at your face right now... But you failed this time!"

 

Whoa, I never meant to brag
But I got him where I want him now
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now

 

"How do you even know he was telling you the truth anyway?" Naeun asked after a few seconds in silence and raised her eyebrow. She was slowly getting pissed off at Minji and her smart mouth.

"Becouse I know him better than you ever will! He was, is, MY boyfriend. Your pathetic efforts won't break us up. Not now at least." Minji said walked past her. She walked closer to Taemin who welcomed her open arms.

 

 'Cause I got him where I want him now

 

"It's over!" He whispered on her ear, while she smiled slightly and nodded her head against his chest.

 

I watched his wildest dreams come true
And not one of them involving you
Just watch my wildest dreams come true

 

His wildest dream.

To be able to hold her, kiss her, hug her and call her his once again.

Her wildest dream.

To be loved again by the man she loved with all her heart.

 

Not one of them involving her