When Kai reads Kim Jongin

When Kai reads Kim Jongin

“Yah! Jongin-ah! Wake up. It's almost noon,” Suho tried to wake Kai up by shaking his unconscious body. Kyungsoo had given up hours ago and went to the living to watch TV with the rest of the members.

 

“Yah!” Suho had had it and kicked Kai's leg. Didn't work. The idea of pushing Kai off his bed was feasible but his waist injury was taken into consideration. So, Suho went out of the bedroom.

 

“Do we have a water spray bottle?” he asked and Kyungsoo guided him to the kitchen where a bottle was kept under the sink. Suho took it and filled it with water.

 

“This should wake the brat up,” Suho muttered and went back into the bedroom.

 

“KIM JONGIN WAKE UP!” Suho bellowed and started spritzing water to Kai's face. Kai woke up with a jolt, later with a frown on his wet face.

 

“What the-”

 

“Get up. We're leaving so stay up to guard the house,” Suho quickly told him and went out, leaving the weapon-bottle on the side table. Kai got up with a grunt and stretched, halted before he was able to stretch fully. His back was painful.

 

During a fateful performance last night, Kai sprained his waist. More of his fault because he refused to take the usual 10 minute warm up but talked to Sehun instead. Genius much. So instead of going out for practice and schedule today, Kai was asked to stay back in the dorm to rest. Well, to guard the house, as Suho had said.

 

“Wait! How about food?” Kai had asked before they left him.

 

“There's instant rice in the fridge, leftover stew and...go order some chicken,” Suho carelessly replied and walked out.

 

“Rest well,” Sehun told him with a playful smile plastered on his face as he patted Kai's shoulder. Kai just glared at him, shot a look which meant 'you're the reason I have to stay in'.

 

Not that Kai didn't like staying in the dorm and sleep all day. Heck he would do it everyday. But the only problem was, he can't sleep all day. Suho wanted him to dry out the laundry, wiped the TV set and make the beds PLUS clean the mess they did the night before of ddeokbokki party. Menial tasks which doesn't require much effort. But Kai hates doing them.

 

Hasty and careless. Kai had done everything Suho had asked him to do in less than an hour. Not neat but Kai knows its clean. Kai decided to play games on the computer but that didn't live on because the software rejected the game site.

 

“What the hell is wrong with this?!” Kai furiously clicked the mouse. And suddenly the screen froze.

 

“Uh-oh,” he quickly switched it off then on again. Rebooting always saves the day. Fortunately, he didn't need to face the blue screen of death. He went on the search engine and stared at the screen for the longest time.

 

“What should I look for~” Kai hummed. His toes wriggled and fingers danced on the keyboard, not pressing any keys. His thoughts rambled on clothes, rumours, online threads and even .

 

“No! The precious computer might get viruses,” he shook the idea of going on sites away. Then, his fingers moved and pressed.

 

ㄱ ㅣᆷ ㅈ ㅓ ㅇ ㅇ ㅣ ㄴ

 

“Nothing wrong with googling myself,” Kai sheepishly smiled and clicked search. A kid's audition, countless twitter accounts, god, dancing clips...so he kept clicking next.

 

Until his eyes landed on the words, Kim Jongin The Idol. It was a blog post by a high school student by the name Jongsung. An essay which she wrote for her school asignment. Curious, he clicked it. And seconds later, he found himself reading about Kim Jongin, himself.

 

 

 

America's Next Top Model, Kpop Star, American Idol, The Voice and countless more. These are reality shows that capture real life people all over the world in the steps of becoming the rich and famous. Famous artists like Kelly Clarkson and Lee Hi and top models are born from these shows. For normal people who are watching through the television, we could not help but idolise them. This is because they inspire other people to pursue their dreams and become successful.

 

I, too have an artist that I idolise. Well, he's more to a star than plainly an artist. His name is Kim Jongin, better known with his stage name Kai. He was born in 14th January 1994 and his hometown is Suncheon. He debuted in a group called EXO in 2012 under the label company, SM Entertainment, Lee Sooman's company. Before his debut, he trained under the company for several years, eight years so I heard, enduring pain and hardship to reach his dreams far in between the distant stars in the galaxy.

 

Kai is 182 centimetres tall and has a lean, muscular body. If I were to cast a model for my fashion line, I would definitely hire him to walk down the runway and strut his stuff. His body is like a perfect sculpture, sculpted by ancient European sculptors. He has a defined jawline and collarbones which are really nice to look at whenever he wears a simple tee. And don't get me started on his abs. Gosh, they're just perfect. No spare tyres, not too much muscle, just perfect.

 

As for his face, he is a very handsome young lad. He has dreamy eyes; dark hazel orbs which can drown you if you stare long enough. His nose is...there is something about his nose that is unique and I cannot put into other words besides, unique. He has full lips which are of tinted soft peach, just like my favourite orange lip balm. When he's bare-faced, his lips are sort of off-colour but they still look kissable. His eyebrows are neat and filled just enough to define them but still gives off a natural look. He also has tanned skin, darker than the average Korean men. He is often teased by his group members because of it but for me, it makes him look manlier, and ier. Caramel hotness.

 

Kai is a fashionable person in the sense that he always looks good in whatever he is wearing. Huge thanks to his stylist. His ash brown hair is always styled in a way that could make a woman's hair looks like a lion's mane, even though he has fairly short hair. He wears clothes that fit him well and compliment his tanned skin. Even if he wears white, the makeup artist would go around in fixing the colour clash with more foundation. All in all, he looks good in just about anything. Be it a school uniform, skinny jeans, a winter jacket and especially a suit, or even . But I have not seen him so I'm leaving that to my imagination when I'm too bored and I have nothing else better to think about.

 

Kai. He has a heavy and deep voice but it's oh-so-dreamy and addictive, it can melt any girl's heart. He can definitely sing but oddly enough, he is in charge of rap among EXO members. Thankfully now, he has more singing lines and sometimes, I find myself being crazy, replaying his parts only. Whenever he smiles, the room just seem like it has gotten brighter and livelier. He has the sweetest smile and a cute laugh. His face would scrunch up and he tends to hit people when he has an outburst of laughter. Through their shows, I can see no one can escape his hits of yuk.

 

Kai and his love for puppies. He has three puppies, Janggu, Monggu and Jangah. They are like the cutest creatures ever simply because Kai says so. I don't have pets so I don't know how it feels to own one, what more to say three. But Kai surely love his pets, kids as he would call them. What's interesting is Janggu's a toy poodle but he is the biggest puppy Kai has. What does he feed it? Radiated munchies? Well, they're still adorable.

 

Michael Jackson is Kai's idol. The pop legend. Therefore, he practises really hard to be a great dancer. He started learning ballet when he was eight years old, after watching The Nutcracker. He is also good in jazz, hip hop and what sort because he was taught after being casted into the company. He has different skills and polished dances steps. For me, he has the capability of becoming more than great, godly maybe. When he dances, the flow and rhythm of his body are one and complete each other like ying and yang. My eyes are fixed on him when he's onstage; a reason why I usually watch their performances multiple times to catch the other members. I admire his facial expression, his pirouettes, his pops and locks, to which everything else momentarily stops. It's just Kai, on stage, oozing with greatness and iness.

 

From an interview, his group members say that Kai is quite shy and does not talk much at home. Though, I highly doubt that after watching their variety show. He's unstoppable when he's with Sehun. They said on a side note, Kai always say what is in his mind without thinking much. In other words, a straight-forward person. His group members would try to bring his reputation down my making him sound like a very brusque person. Well, for girls, he would be mysterious and utterly charming. Whenever Kai makes an appearance as a guest in variety shows, I found that he is always in a daze. He would stare at something or someone, that someone would usually be Kyungsoo or Suho, and would only snap out of it when his name is called. What a cute lad. However, he's very different when Sehun is around. Pure rascals when put together.

 

So recently, all of EXO's fans found out how big of a fanboy Chanyeol is over Kai. I'm not even surprised. Kai is very passionate in what he does and that would be appeal as charming to men, even. And to what point of thought that would be, I always think about how the other members feel about Kai. Are they jealous of him? Are they proud of him? Whatever they might feel, I just hope that EXO will forever prosper and be an awesome boy group.

 

If I could marry Kai in the future, that'll be great. Unfortunately, it will only be a dream because he is an idol and I am not. I am just a high school student who will be sitting for the college entrance exam soon but I'm still spending the weekends going to music shows. This being particularly named Kim Jongin, however, inspired me to follow my dreams and be a legend. I aspire to be a great dancer. A dancer that could give goosebumps to whoever is watching and share my passion of dancing to the world. Just like Kai, I want to be amazing. And if all goes well, my coming up audition will be a breeze and I'll be accepted as a part of the dance crew. Kim Jongin, thank you for being a male Muse.

 

 

 

“That was a nice read about me,” a smug smile formed on Kai's lips when he finished the last sentence. He wanted to show off to his group members that someone had wrote a nice essay about him and they don't have such a thing.

 

“What a nice girl,” Kai said to himself when he read through her profile. Nothing much but all he knew was that she's a student of of an all-girls high school and she's a dreamer.

 

Later, he found an icon to post a reply and apparently, he can reply anonymously. And that was what he did.

 

Dear Jongsung, your essay is wonderful and thank you for writing about me in your assignment.

 

“Wait, she can't know I am who I am,” Kai rethought.

 

Jongsung-ah, your essay is wonderful and I like it. I am a fan of Kai myself.

 

A sentence to which Kai had giggle to himself.

 

He is very passionate and amazing indeed. And I'm very sure the other members are jealous of him too. And by the way, it's six years of training not eight.

 

Kai tapped his chin and pursed his lips, thinking of what more to write.

 

“Ughh heck with it,” Kai deleted everything he had typed.

 

Jongsung-ah annyeong. Your essay is wonderful and thank you for writing about me in your assignment. I'm very sure the other members are jealous of me. Hehe. And by the way, it was six years of training, not eight. And good luck in your audition. You'll do great. Maybe you should audition for SM so we can be friends. And maybe marry in the future too.

 

“Aish, what am I typing,” Kai backspaced, erasing the last sentence.

 

Hope to see you if ever possible. Love and thanks, Jongin.

 

After much trial and error, only over a reply, Kai finally clicked reply and soon, it was on display under the post. He sighed, pretty contented that he was complimented and was given a good grade in terms of being in someone's essay. And it was nothing vulgar nor should end up as rated. It was nice and read-worthy.

 


 

“Hyung, are you jealous of me?” Kai had asked Chanyeol that night.

 

“Of course! I'm your biggest fan Kai. I want to be as awesome as you if I can,” Chanyeol replied with much enthusiasm. A broken smirk stitched its way up Kai's lips, weirded out by Chanyeol's answer. Maybe he should ask someone else. Someone that's not high on popcorn and soda after dinner.

 

“Hyung, are you jealous of me?” this time, he asked the leader. But he didn't expected such an explanation after the answer.

 

“No. Why should I be jealous of you when I am as charming as Prince Charming,” Suho replied. Not so good of way with words for the leader since he can't thinking of any other word besides charming.

 

“What's bugging you? Why are you asking stuff around?” Kyungsoo came later, asking Kai.

 

Bingo!

 

“Are you jealous of me?” Kai eyed him. Kyungsoo just shrugged and a defeated sigh was given out by Kai.

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

“I googled myself and-”

 

“You what?” Kyungsoo's voice was still faint as before but his eyes widened kilometres.

 

“I typed my name in the search bar,” Kai explained.

 

“Yeah yeah. I mean, why would you do that?”

 

“Because the game site got rejected,” Kai unconsciously pout and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. What's so fun about playing games all day? He'd rather practice his singing than to waste time on pointless fingers exercise. Seconds later, Kai was back to talking.

 

“Anyway, I found an essay. Of me. Kim Jongin The Idol. It was good. Not great but good enough. And there was a part where she wondered if you guys are jealous of me. You know, jealous of my looks or skills,” Kai wriggled his eyebrows with a fairly disgusting, look, truth be told. Kyungsoo remained expressionless, not too interested at what Kai had said but it did raise the question.

 

“Maybe not always but when you get all the attention and the rest of us are just invisible strings that keep you moving like a puppet,” Kyungsoo turns into a literature prodigy all of a sudden and he looks at Kai to see his reaction. Just a nod.

 

“Cool. I can live with that,” Kai simply said.

 


 

That night, Jongsung had logged into her blog and received a notification about a reply. A few clicks and...

 

Jongsung-ah annyeong. Your essay is wonderful and thank you for writing about me in your assignment. I'm very sure the other members are jealous of me. Hehe. And by the way, it was six years of training, not eight. And good luck in your audition. You'll do great. Maybe you should audition for SM so we can be friends. Hope to see you if ever possible. Love and thanks, Jongin.

 

“Oh my god, a forger,” Jongsung scoffed, a slight American accent slipped in because she was irritated.

 

“But how does he knows it's six and not eight years? Why does he use Jongin instead of Kai?” Jongsung remained motionless, her two eyes fixed on the laptop screen.

 

“Maybe just someone who did more research than me,” Jongsung left her blog, went to a video site and spent three hours watching videos of Kai dancing his heart and health out.

 

Later when she was about to crash in, she couldn't close her eyes with thoughts of the reply constantly ringing in her mind.

 

“Was it really Kai? Did he really read my essay? If so...OH CRAP HE MUST HAVE READ ABOUT THE Y PART NNOOOOO,” Jongsung placed her pillow on her face and groaned her frustrations out.

 

“But then again...he might be a fake. He won't know it's me even if I explain all of it at the fansign,” Jongsung thought about the fansign that she had planned to go with her best friend.

 

“Nahh...don't be so full of yourself, Jongsung. How can Kai found your blog anyway. It might be someone from school trying to make fun of your essay,” and with a simple self-comfort, Jongsung shut her eyes and finally sleep.