Strawberry Milk

Strawberry Milk

Three Days Later

MOA Arena

Pasay City, Philippines

4:23 PM

 

She shifted on her seat, irritated.

“Are you alright?”

She turns around to find her ex-boyfriend furrowing his brows worriedly.

The company she was working assigned them an awarding event to cover – Mnet Asian Music Awards or MAMA – which will be held at MOA Arena later that day. “I’m fine. It just feels weird.”

The guy blinked, and then released a soft chuckle afterwards. “I know that when you say you’re feeling weird, something would really happen.”

The girl huffed and pouted. “Why, thank you.”

“That wasn’t a compliment.”

“Didn’t you hear the sarcasm? God, you are annoying.”

“Bless you.”

She gave him a glare. “Shut up. You love me.”

The guy gave him a boisterous laugh as an answer.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

An hour before the awarding event, the girl went backstage to go get some drinks.

She skipped happily as she saw the vending machine along the hallway on her first turn.

The girl was very surprised though, when she found a single carton of strawberry milk.

Reaching for her pocket, the girl contemplated on how lucky she was; she can’t find the pink substance anywhere – only in South Korea. She fish out coins and inserts it in the machine before she press the button of her desired strawberry milk.

*beep* *beep*

“Huh?”

The girl knock the machine as the strawberry milk didn’t drop. “Was it stuck?” she asked herself as she frantically looked at the milk hanging inside the machine. Looking from left to right, the girl found no one so she kicked the vending machine – but nothing happened.

“Hey.”

She turned to find her ex-boyfriend holding her camera.

“What’s taking you so long?” he asked again, and she kicked the vending machine in irritation as an answer. “Oh.” the guy nodded in understanding. He, also tried to knock the glass and kicked the machine, but to no avail, the milk was too stubborn to go down. “This is taking too much time. We need to get inside or we would lose our spot. Come on, I’ll just buy you one later.”

She huffed, but followed him nonetheless as he started walking away.

 

Unaware of the carton of strawberry milk finally falls from the machine.

And a pair of eyes staring at the two figure – bewildered.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

Donghae and Hyukjae was busy arguing, Kyuhyun busy playing his PSP, Heechul and Kangin are planning for their next prank, whilst the other members were resting peacefully.

Until a petite figure walked inside the dressing room and got everyone’s attention.

And Hyukjae jumped him.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

Five minutes later, the chaos died and Sungmin is now busy tying Hyukjae on a chair.

“Sungmin hyuuuung!” the male dancer whined, earning a few snickers and a smack from Donghae. Hyukjae pouted and turned to his dongsaeng. “Sorry, Ryeowook-ah. Hyung didn’t mean to jump on you, okay?”

Ryeowook huffed and pouted at him. “You almost kill me, Hyukjae hyung! And you almost smashed her strawberry milk!!!”

Hyukjae stared at the pink carton in his dongsaeng’s arms – gulping as he imagined himself sipping the sweet treat. “B-but..”

“No buts Hyukjae hyung! You can’t come near this strawberry milk and that’s final!” Ryeowook hugged the pink carton more tightly.

The male dancer made puppy eyes but going nowhere. “I just want a sip!”

“Mnooo! You can’t and you won’t!”

 

But Hyukjae always had a plan to get what he wants.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

“Super Junior!”

The crowd of fans from in and out of the country cheered and screamed as the group stepped into the red carpet, waving and smiling at everyone they laid they eyes upon. Hoping not to disappoint the fans, the OTP’s was walking side by side and sometimes making sweet gestures towards each other. When they stopped in the middle for some photos, they introduced themselves.

“We are Super Juni- OEYO!!”

They bowed and continue walking towards the host that is waiting for them at the entrance of the dome. The host welcomed them and they greeted him back before the staff mentioned them to come inside.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

The first one she saw was her bias – Lee Hyukjae.

Being sweet with his OTP – Donghae, she didn’t let the chance slip away as she started taking shots of her favorite couple and the whole group as well.

However, she saw something unusual.

 

“What was that in his pocket?”

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

Ryeowook is sweating.

Not because of the countless people staring at them as they made their way to their spot, but it was because of Hyukjae hyung.

Hyukjae and his intense gaze – on his coat pocket.

Earlier, he was shocked when the male dancer was released from the ropes and started running towards him, but the other members stopped him before he could get near Ryeowook, who, stuck his tongue out to him.

And as they made their way out of the backstage, the male had tried countless times to snatch the pink carton out of his grip, good thing his Kangin and Heechul hyung always get in Hyukjae’s way.

Because of this, the members started looking out for Hyukjae’s tactics as they made sure Ryeowook would protect the precious strawberry milk from the monkey.

 

Protect it for his crush.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

The awarding event would have been normal and peaceful if not for four reasons:

 

1. Hyukjae jumps Ryeowook once again, making all of the audience screamed (mostly fans, for the new OTP and a (somewhat) jealous Donghae).

 

“Yah, Lee Hyukjae, what in the door’s frame are you doing?”

Donghae shifted in his seat as his partner started staring at Ryeowook’s pocket once again; the latter obviously was about to faint due to fear. The brunette could tell that Hyukjae had an ­X-ray installed in his eyes that’s why he knows where the ( damned) milk is.

However, he was not worried that the male dancer would do something because they were at an awards event damn it, which would be sooo embarrassing if happened.

 

Until in the middle of the event Hyukjae jumped Ryeowook once again.

And all of the people screamed.

 

2. Ryeowook runs away towards the backstage – Hyukjae following suit.

 

Good thing though, that they were on commercial break (thank god—Donghae: WAIT I’M GONNA KILL SOME MONKEY CALLED HYUKJAE), so the Super Junior members told everyone to calm down and the manager told the people that indeed they need to go backstage now to prepare for their performance (which was ALL LIE because there were remaining 7 more groups before their performance).

The Super Junior members and the manager agreed to murder Hyukjae - backstage.

 

3. Everyone meets the strawberry milk’s owner.

 

Ryeowook was running for his life – and for the life of the strawberry milk – towards the backstage. As he entered the hallway he grabbed the first door knob he’d found and lock the door. He was about to breathe in relief when he turn around and met the shock of his life.

“You scared me! What are you even doing here?! You’re not supposed to be in here!”

The person – who was also the stupid author for this story – gave him a sheepish smile.

The door he was in suddenly bursts open, making Ryeowook lay down flat on the floor. He looks up and saw that it was Hyukjae. He was about to exaggerate about how his life was messed up but saw the other was in. “Hyukjae hyung, you look like a beggar. Would you retouch first? You’re full of sweat- eew.”

He saw Hyukjae pouting and the male dancer looked at himself on the mirror. “Oh my god, I look hideous! Ryeowook, quick! Retouch my make-up!”

Ryeowook pointed to his face, Hyukjae nodded frantically. “But I don’t have any make-up!!”

The door bursts open once again, but this time it was Hyukjae who flies onto the floor. An angry Kangin, Heechul and Prince Manager started throwing lectures at him immediately as they set foot in the room.

Hyukjae was about to lose his head when he saw a bag on the table in the room. He prayed (to God) to forgive what he was about to do.

 

He started rummaging the backpack.

Ryeowook immediately panicked and snatched the bag away from him. “What are you doing?! This isn’t ours!” he tried to away the bag but Hyukjae was persistent. “No!!!”

“YAH, LEE HYUKJAE WHAT THE ING HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!” Donghae’s voice boomed into the room but the two didn’t stop pulling the bag.

“He needs some retouch!” Ryeowook yelled amidst pulling the bag away from the monkey.

Everyone then get the message quickly: Hyukjae was trying to get a make-up from the bag. They panicked also and helped Ryeowook snatch the bag away from Hyukjae – some (Prince Manager, Sungmin, Shindong and Kangin) are afraid Hyukjae would be in jail, while some (Heechul) worry that the make-up isn’t branded, while some of them (Donghae and Kyuhyun) joined for fun, while another some (Siwon) pulled just for the sake of pulling them.

They pulled the bag with so much force that it ripped in pieces and the contents scattered on the floor.

Everyone looked at each other – panic evident in their orbs.

 

A gasp rendered them out of their (scary) thoughts.

All of them turned to a familiar face – except Prince Manager.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

“I’m really sorry!”

Hyukjae and the other members were sitting inside Super Junior’s dressing room (that was meant to be used sometime later on) as they apologized and apologized to the girl.

She would say ‘It’s okay’ many times but they were too stubborn to forgive themselves.

 

Kyuhyun: Too STUPID, would I say.

Sungmin: Ssh! Continue author-nim.

 

They were about to spit countless apologies again when they heard a knock on the door. Prince Manager opened the door and a staff announced that they need to prepare for their performance since it was 2ne1 that is performing before she left; EXO and SHINee would be next before them.

“We’ll go now.”

They all turned to the guy sitting beside her; holding the plastic bag that contains her ripped bag and her other belongings.

“Are you his boyfriend?”

Shocked and surprised would be an understatement for the members when their dongsaeng threw the question. The air surrounding them becomes too thick for some member’s liking. With the ‘I had no idea what you guys are talking about’ face of Prince Manager, they dragged him in one corner and signed to hush.

“Well,” the guy started to answer as he stared at the guy who threw the question – Ryeowook. He observed the male as he remembers him on one of her ex-girlfriend’s posters.

 

“I used to be – but she’s broken up with me and now we’re just friends.”

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

A/N: I'm recommending you to listen to Super Junior's Marry U from here. It would help you build the atmosphere. ^^

 

The lights are dimmed.

Everyone is anticipating the performance of Super Junior on stage.

 

What would happen next though, is beyond their imagination.

 

No, not really. The author have imagined it, so it’s not so beyond-their-imagination.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

As soon as the spotlights shone upon the Super Junior members – sitting on white stools on the upper stage and with red roses on their hands – fan girls started to scream, and photographers and the cameraman angled their instruments.

 

[EUNHYUK] Love oh baby my girl
Geudaen naui juhnbu nunbushige areumdawoon
Naui shinbu shini jushin suhnmul

[HEECHUL] Haengbokhangayo geudaeui ggaman nunesuh nunmuri heureujyo

Ggaman muhri pappuri dwel ddaeggajido
Naui sarang naui geudae saranghal guhseul na maengsehalgeyo

[SUNGMIN] Geudaereul saranghandaneun mal pyuhngsaeng maeil haejugo shipuh

[RYEOWOOK] Would you marry me? Nuhl saranghago akkimyuh saragago shipuh

[KANGIN] Geudaega jami deul ddaemada nae pare jaewuhjugo shipuh

 

Gasp of shock was heard as another spotlight lit upon the center stage, revealing a singing and smiling Hangeng.

 

[HANGENG] Would you marry me? Iruhn naui maeum huhrakhaejullae? 

 

The members went down from their stool and proceed on walking (more like running) towards the center stage – where Hangeng was. Heechul was so shocked Kyuhyun had to drag him while singing his part.

 

[KYUHYUN] Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge (I do)

Nuhl saranghaneun guhl (I do)

 

And everyone was surprised when, out of nowhere, Yesung – that was supposed to be in military service – appeared beside Kangin and started singing his part.

 

[YESUNG] Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh (I do)

Nuhreul jikyuhjulge (My love)

 

The members were so surprised, that they forgot their performance for a moment and hugged the newcomer gladly. Donghae continued singing his part so they won’t be lost.

 

[DONGHAE] Hayan dressreul ibeun geudae tuxedoreul ibeun naui moseup

Balguhreumeul matchumyuh guhdneun woori juh dalnimgwa byuhre
I swear guhjitmal shiruh uishimshiruh
Saranghaneun naui gongju Stay with me

[SIWON] Wooriga naireul muhguhdo wooseumyuh saragago shipuh

 

As Siwon is singing his part, their leader appeared beside Kyuhyun and ruffled his hair, in which the younger replied by a small punch in the leader’s shoulder and laughed as the other members ogled at him – not really believing that Leeteuk, their leader, was really there. The leader signed them to hold hands and they all did as the male started singing his part.

 

[LEETEUK] Would you marry me? Naui modeun nareul hamgge haejullae? 

 

Ryeowook sing the second chorus with his smile never leaving.

 

[RYEOWOOK] Himdeulgo uhryuhwuhdo (I do) Neul naega isseulgge (I do)

[YESUNG] Woori hamggehaneun manheun nal dongan (I do) Maeil gamsahalge (My love)

 

As Kyuhyun’s part started, the members – including the newcomers – hands Ryeowook their rose. The latter looked at them with confusion. Leeteuk chuckled and tapped his side coat pocket.

 

[KYUHYUN] Orae juhnbutuh nuhreul wihae junbihan

Nae sone bitnaneun banjireul badajwuh

 

Ryeowook was surprised. “How do you..”

The leader winked at him before he started walking backwards, dragging the (still) shocked Heechul and the other members following along.

He was staring back at them, when someone tapped his shoulder. He turns around and found Hyukjae smiling gummily at him.

“Hyung?”

 

[YESUNG] Oneulgwa gateun maeumeuro jigeumui yaksok giuhkhalge
Would you marry me? 

 

Hyukjae stepped aside and revealed her.

 

[SUNGMIN] Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge (I do) Nuhl saranghaneun guhl (I do)

Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh (I do) nuhreul jikyuhjulge (I do)

 

Ryeowook chuckled as a tear fell, which Donghae quickly wiped and scolded him about his make-up.

As the members started singing altogether, Ryeowook mumbled, “I can’t believe you’re doing this for me.” and chuckled, before he turns around and meet the girl’s confused gaze.

 

[ALL] Himdeulgo uhryuhwuhdo (I do) Neul naega isseulgge (I do)
Woori hamggehaneun manheun nal dongan (I do) Maeil gamsahalge (My love)

 

All of them (excluding Ryeowook) started to dance around with light steps to give a light atmosphere at the two.

“I really can’t believe I’m doing this too.” Heechul mumbled rather horribly, but Hangeng stood to his side and patted his shoulder; Heechul smiled.

But the author isn’t yet finished, so she made Zhoumi and Henry popped out from nowhere and joined them. However, they didn’t know the steps, so the members decided to made simpler steps that the two could follow.

“What a beautiful reunion.” Leeteuk mumbled.

All of the members broke a happy smile.

Suddenly, the leader cried, and the members comforted him in an instant. When asked what’s wrong he said, “Our Ryeowookie is growing up. I’m a proud umma.”

They all chuckled and sing together in Eunhyuk and Shindong’s rap.

 

[EUNHYUK] Naega geudae ege deuril guhseun sarangbakke uhbjyo

Geujuh geuppuninguhl bojalguhtuhbjyo
Suhtulluhboigo manhi bujokhaedo naui sarang
Naui geudae jikyuhjulgeyo

[SHINDONG] Hangajiman yaksokhaejullae? Museunil issuhdo

Woori suhro saranghagiro geuppuniya

 

Ryeowook smiled shyly as he took the strawberry milk out of his coat pocket and hands it to his crush.

 

[RYEOWOOK] Nawa gyuhrhonhaejullae? I do~

 

4. Super Junior members had their year-longed reunion and helped their dongsaeng – Ryeowook – to ask his crush on a date onstage.

 

"Would you go on a date with me?"

...

 

"No."

Ryeowook turned pale; all of the members and media stopped breathing.

...

"PUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You should have seen your face man!!"

Ryeowook's eyes were wide. "So you.."

The girl gave him a toothy grin and nod her head furiously.

"Of course! By the way, my name is.."

 

And Ryeowook's world turn black.

 

~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~ Strawberry Milk ~//~

 

"Ah, well, apologies, ladies and gentlemen."

Everybody turn around and gasped, well - the fangirls screamed and the Super Junior members gaped like dying fish.

"Kibum!" someone exclaimed, but the members were too engrossed to hugging him that they forgotten about Ryeowook for a second.

Chuckling, Kibum returned the hugs, and then he walked towards the unconscious Ryeowook.

"My, my. You okay, miss?"

The girl nodded. Together, the members carried Ryeowook as they went down the stage - not forgetting to give everyone flying kisses as they did - while the girl is following them with the bouquet of roses Ryeowook gave her.

 

When they arrived at the dressing room minutes later, the girl gave Hyukjae her strawberry milk.

Hyukjae smiled and took the sweet treat. "I think it would be best to give this to him instead." he said, glancing on the (now) sleeping male.

"Okay." the girl replied. "I'll just go get my things."

Hyukjae nodded as she left.

 

"Oh.."

"Rise and shine sleepyhead!"

Ryeowook opened his eyes, only for them to turn wide eyed as he saw Kibum. "Hyung! You're here!"

Kibum gave him his killer smile. "Wouldn't want to waste the show now, would I?"

"THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION!!!"

Everyone turn to a dancing Kangin and Heechul.

 

They all laughed as they all dance together - looking like retarded poeple.

But they don't care; they're happy.

 

And her camera is, too.

 

Because that day, she would be keeping memorable pictures once again.