Final

Restless

    The world around you was quiet, except for the occasional car that passed on the street below,  and you sighed as you shifted on your bed, rearranging your pillow yet again in an attempt to get comfortable.  For some reason, sleep was eluding you tonight no matter how badly you tried to force your body to rest.

    A slight vibrating noise caught your attention and you grabbed your phone from the nightstand lazily.  May as well see who was texting you so late since you couldn’t sleep anyway.

    Hey there pretty girl.  I know you won’t see this until the morning, but thought I should let you know that practice is finally done.  I hope your dreams are sweet.  Dream of me! -JeloZelo

    With a tired grin, you texted a reply.  Your boyfriend could be so silly and cute, especially since he insisted in texting in English.
    Less than five minutes later his name flashed across the screen with the incoming call.  Smiling, you swiped across the screen and pressed the device against your ear as you stared out the window at the moon.  “Hi you,” you murmured.  “How was practice today?”
    “Good.  We finally got that part of the dance down perfect,” Zelo’s voice drifted over the line.  It had deepened slightly since you’d met him, but it was still very distinctly Junhong.  “What are you still doing awake?  Don’t you have to be up early tomorrow to teach at the cram school?”
    “I don’t know, I just can’t sleep.  Those kids are going to walk all over me tomorrow,” you groaned.  The last place pre-teens wanted to be was in tutoring, so you had to be sharp to keep them focused.
    “Want me to come over?”
    You really did want to see him, but he had a busy day tomorrow and you didn’t want to be a nuisance.  Biting your lower lip in indecision, you shook your head slightly in reproachment.  He had a lot of people counting on him, and you couldn’t be a distraction.
    “I’m fine,” you answered slowly.  “You have to get some beauty sleep after that long practice today.  I’m surprised you didn’t fall asleep already.”
    “Too late.  I’m almost there, so you’d better be ready to answer the door.”  His quiet laughter at your sputtering was cut off as the call ended.
    You stared at the phone for a solid minute or two in disbelief.  He just hung up on you.  Your boyfriend who never put a toe out of line just completely railroaded you and hung up on you.  When the knock on the door came, you were already waiting to open it.
    He stood there, all one hundred eighty-four centimeters of a smiling Choi Junhong, looking like he just came fresh from a sporty photoshoot.  You were suddenly very conscious of your bunny-print pajama set and very probably a spectacular example of bedhead.
    “Hi baby,” he murmured as his arms wrapped tightly around you.  “Missed you.”
    You walked him into your apartment, your arms securely around his waist as your face was buried in his chest.  The torture of the past week and not being able to see him was washed away as you inhaled the scent of his cologne.
    “Missed you more,” you smiled up at him.  You were tall for a girl, so it was nice that you fit perfectly under his arm.  
    “Pfft, impossible.”
    Zelo let you go for a moment as he removed his shoes, and you giggled at the brightly patterned socks he had worn.  His fashion never ceased to surprise you, and you thought it was unbearably cute.  He stuck his tongue out at you as he stood back up.  “Let’s see what we can do about getting you to go to sleep.”
    “Don’t you have to go back tonight?”
    “Nah.  Himchan-hyung is going to pick me up in the morning, so you’re stuck with me until then.”
    You stayed quiet as he took your hand and pulled you toward the bedroom.  What had you done to deserve such a caring man like Junhong to fall in love with you?  Sometimes you had to pinch yourself just to reassure that it wasn’t a dream.  Sure, he was gone a lot because of his job as an Idol, but you understood that, and he made up for his absences by showering you with love and attention whenever you could spend time together.
    Junhong pulled his shirt over his head, climbing under the covers and waiting for you to join him.  You didn’t waste any time as you snuggled into his side and breathed in his masculine scent, the moon illuminating Junhong’s handsome face as it brightly shone into the room despite not being full.  He draped an arm around you, his large hand massaging small circles into your back.
    He started to hum softly.  It wasn’t a tune you recognized, but the melody was soothing, and between the massage and his voice, you slowly felt your body start to relax.  Apparently all you needed was a little love to send you off to sleep, as before you knew it, your eyes were drifting closed of their own accord.
    The humming stopped, and Junhong pulled you closer to him as he curled his large body around your smaller one.
    “Love you,” he whispered sleepily.
    You tried to reply, but you couldn’t tell if you actually said the words that reverberated within your mind.  The steady sound of his heartbeat was the last thing you heard as you finally drifted into your dreams.
    That night you did dream of him, and his precious smile that you always wanted to keep shining, and when you woke to that very smile the next morning, you realized that life couldn’t get much better than the love you shared with this incredible young man.