First Dance

First Dance

Pink and Blue. That’s what my eyes always see here at the Prom. Everything is about pink and blue here inside the Hall; the balloons, tables, seats, lights and everything. And there it is, the love of my life – my piano. It’s the only thing that has different color – white.
 

As I saw my piano, a smile forms in my lips. Walking through the aisle, I saw and passed various of people. I reached at the main arch where the official photographer of the event will take a few shots of you and your partner – if you have one. The cameras that will be used at the event are all connected to the computer that was also connected at the huge LED screen at the center stage just right beside my piano.
 

The first photo of me displayed at the huge screen which gain a lot of squeals and comments from the sea of people. It was a photo of me plastered with my charming smile and of course with….. Wait, I don’t have a partner right. Then why is that girl beside me?
 

My questions were answered when the second photo appeared at the screen. Well, not really answered but I won’t care because at least it makes me happy. Why? Just because it was her, Tiffany Hwang. And yes, I’m secretly in love her. I liked her from the very first time I laid my eyes on her. She’s the cheerleader of the school’s basketball team. And tell you what, I’m the team captain of our school’s varsity basketball team, isn’t it nice? Kekekeke
 

“Cute couple!”
 

“Nice pairing!”
 

“Should be a real couple!”
 

That was the comments I heard from my friends and teammates as I reach our table. Tiffany sat on the other side of the hall with her friends and classmates.
 

“Yul, you really look good together.” The student’s spokesperson said while patting my shoulder. His comment was immediately agreed by my friends.
 

“Definitely perfect couple.” Hyo commented right beside me,
 

“Ask her out, Dude.” Soo suggested whose right in front of me,
 

“We’ll support you, Yul.” Taeng said proudly who’s also from the other side of me. Smirk, that’s all I showed them as a response.
 

*****

The program goes on ‘til it came to the moment of my special performance, which I’ll be playing piano while the others are dancing.
 

My song came to its end which will be preceded by the DJ. My friends went to their girlfriends before dragging them to the dance floor which automatically followed by everyone.
 

Meh, I just sat there in a corner watching everyone dancing with their respective partners. Then I caught her again, trying to steal a glance at me. I hope I’m not being delusional but I really caught her for the nth time.
 

Then the DJ played my favorite song, I closed my eyes while listening intently at the song. There she is with her gorgeous eye-smile ever, this is the moment I’ve been waiting for so long and this time I won’t let it go.
 

I made my way to where you are standing and offer my hand, asking for a dance. And the moment you landed palm in mine, I shut my eyes open. You’re the very first person I saw the moment I open them noticing that the hall was already empty.
 

And then it played again, my favorite song – JB’s First Dance. As if a cue, our eyes meet and simply walk to you offering a hand, asking.
 

“Can I your first dance?” with a charming smile.
 

Without saying her word, she put her right hand in mine. I held it gently yet tight enough to let you know that I don’t want her to let go because this time I know it’s already real.
 

I walk her to the dance floor before putting her both hands in my shoulder and mine on her petite waist.

Sure, there are so many things in my mind as of this moment but I would free them off my mind for all I know is to cherish every second I have right now because it only happen once in a lifetime. And this is it, the night of my dream is here already happening in my reality.
 

Me as her first dance and so do I. She’s my first dance.
 

Slowly I swayed our bodies together not breaking our eye contact.
 

I really love this. I couldn’t ask for more right this picture perfect moment. We’re racking back and forth under the disco ball, all alone in the floor.
 

The opportunity is here again, I took my time as I lean to her. Later on, I already felt her soft lips in mine moving softly and gently with its sync. The kiss lingered for few more minutes before I slowly pulled away opening my eyes. The first thing I saw was her lovely face, her eyes forming a crescent moon. And that picture of her again was automatically saved in my memory before I sang along with my favorite part of the song.

Everybody says that we look cute together
Let's make this a night the two of us remember
No teachers around to see us dancing close
I'm telling you our parents will never know
Before the lights go up
And the music turns off
Now's the perfect time for me to taste your lip gloss
your glass slippers in my hand right here
We'll make it before the clock strikes nine

If you just give give the first dance to me
Girl I promise I'll be gentle
(i know)But we gotta do it slowly
If you give, give the first dance to me
(give the first dance baby)
I'm gonna' cherish every moment
Cuz it only happens once, once in a lifetime
.

 

"My first dance. I made it already unforgettable with you." I stated with a proud smile on my face.

"So do I." Tiffany replied shortly still on our staring game compitation.

" 'Before the lights go up, and the music turns off.' and you really did what's on the lyrics said?" she asked me after the silence I made a while ago.

" 'Cuz it only happens once, once in a lifetime.' " I replied qouting the lyric from the song.

"And since it's once in a lifetime, I won't let it go." I said forming a smile in my face again.

"You have my first dance, will you also be my first girlfriend?" I asked, showing the necklace I've been keeping on my right hand while my left hand still on her waist.

 

 

 

-END