Your Text Buddy?

Text Me Tonight

As soon as they got back to the waiting room, Hyosung hurriedly went to her handbag and took out her cell phone. She quickly scrolled down the notifications, hoping to see his name to pop out. She had been thinking about what his reply would be as she performed out there. She didn’t even think of how she looked like to the others. She only cared for one thing at the time and it was Junhyung.

There, she found his replies.

 

Yong Junhyung:

 What did u mean by you’re tired? I haven’t heard you doing any practice. Are you complaining things now?  (10:24 am)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Are you ignoring me? (10:35 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Yah! (*゚ノO゚) (10:45 am)

 

Hyosung chuckled as she finished reading the texts. She knew how impatient Junhyung was when texting. He would always be the one who took long time to type and expect her to reply his text as soon as she received them.

 

Hyosung~Jeon :

Haven’t you watched TV or read news??? I’m having a comeback now!!!

And no, who’s ignoring u? I was recording.  (10.50 am)

 

She smiled ear to ear, enjoying the feeling of having someone to talk about everything and continued whatever they talked night before in the next morning and felt completely okay by that. She only found that quality on Junhyung. It was hard to find someone whom willing to have a discussion over something continuously.

 

Yong Junhyung:

 I’m busy. Have no time to follow your news.

You need to inform me more about your schedule! (10:53 am)

 

Hyosung chuckled as she scrolled the screen uneasily. This was another fun thing about texting Junhyung. He would make her feeling funny by saying simple things which mean a lot to her. It was as if he wanted to make sure she was okay and being bossy about what she should and shouldn’t. Sometimes, if one of her friends peeking her phone, they’d say how they looked like a dating couple. She usually gave them a smile.

It hurt a little to think that she was no one but a colleague with Junhyung. Of course she was normal and of course she would imagine how it would feel if she dated Junhyung for real and not only being his text buddy.

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Oy, you’re ignoring me again -_-

How long you’re gonna do this to me, ahjumma? (11:00 am)

 

There, there. He was being impatient again. But Hyosung just couldn’t resist it. So, she typed fast again as she glanced around her. Other people in the room were busily having conversations by themselves.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon :

 I’m not. Stop calling me ahjumma =_=

 I’m not an ahjumma today, I’m a princess. (11:01 am)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Anyway, how’s your dance practice? (11:02 am)

 

Before she could get his reply, Sunhwa approached her with that you’re-suspicious-so-I’m-gonna-ask-you-kind of smile. Her eyes were on Hyosung’s phone which made her a little bit nervous that she would ask about what she was doing.

“Unnie, you’re texting with Junhyung again?” For her surprise, Sunhwa whispered to her. This was a rare condition because it was Sunhwa after all. She is a loud girl.

Hyosung shyly nodded as she pushed away her phone, securing it inside her handbag again.

“You two are quite close now.” Sunhwa whispered with a giggle before she walked away.

Hyosung blinked, couldn’t really tell what Sunhwa was trying to do. She forced herself to forget her phone and Junhyung who probably had sent her his replies.

“We’re leaving now!” Their manager said and it didn’t take long for the group to squeeze out from the small change room.

Hyosung took her time to walk in the back line and isolated herself from talking to the staffs by reaching for her phone again. To her disappointment, there was nothing for her from Junhyung. She sighed, knowing Junhyung, she wouldn’t get his replies up till the evening which was still long way to go.

Pouted, she saved her phone and jogged a little to catch up with her members. Once she was outside, she sighed, admiring silently how huge the public broadcast building was and how it felt normal for her to walk out from the building and flashed her smile to people.

And suddenly it happened. She was flashing her smile like usual to her fans when another group that belonged to an Idol passed in front of her. Her eyes snapped to the idol’s face immediately and she gasped.

She knew she probably looked stupid, gasping on the other idol. But it wasn’t just another idol because it was Junhyung. Her eyes followed his figure until he went missing into the building. Her manager was shouting for her to hurry and she had to, once again, jogged to their car.

Once they were inside the van, Hyosung couldn’t tear her eyes from the building. Her eyes were glued on the door where he had been missing. Her mind started filling with questions like, ‘Why didn’t he say anything?’ to ‘Was I that invisible that he couldn’t figure it out that it was me?’

But she didn’t get any answers. Sighing, she once again tried to grab her phone and anxiously hoping that he sent her another text. But nothing was there and it made her ridiculously sad. ‘He’s busy’ she told herself but it didn’t help. The pain was still there.

***

Yong Junhyung:

Hey, what are u doing? (5:10 pm)

 

She was about to take a nap when her phone biped, giving her a notification. She read the text silently after that  and a moment later, she realized she hadn’t typed anything and only stared on the screen, reading the text again and again as if the text could be changed or somehow, missing.

She looked outside the van, watching as the scenery flashed like nothing from the van. They were going back to their company to finish their practice and now here she was, blankly stared to her phone and gave up her only chance to take a nap before the long routine started again.

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re there? (5:20 pm)

 

It was automatic and she didn’t even plan it but her fingers had busily tapped on the screen.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Yeah. What is it? (5:21 pm)

 

She mumbled a few cursing words as she read again what she had sent to Junhyung. It sounded cold and wasn’t like her at all. It gave her a worried feeling that maybe Junhyung would complain or suddenly stop texting her after that.

 

Yong Junhyung:

I need some companions. I can’t think of anyone else beside you.

Let’s text until I get called for the other schedule. (5:23 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

But I am called for a schedule =^= (5:24 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Idc, I said until ‘I’ get the call, not you.

Come on. Don’t be too mean on me. (5:25 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Whtvr. (5:26 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Oh so you’re mad now? (5:30 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I said nothing. (5:31 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re a little liar. (5:35 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

WTF? You asked me to company u and yet you are being a bastard. (5:36 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Oh right. I forgot. (5:45 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I quit talking! (5:48 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Hey, I just got a text from Hara! p(*^-^*)q (6:15 pm)

 

Hyosung stared on the screen. Her head was full with a lot of whispers telling her to stop replying his text. It had always been like this. He would suddenly bring Hara’s name when they were in a conversation. It actually hurt her but as a good friend she was, she usually would reply him.

Good friend, the thought flashed inside her head and she knew she had to act like one.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 So? (;¬_¬) (6:20 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

She finally texted me after a while! (*´∀`*) (6:23 pm)

 

Hyosung sighed, couldn’t really understand the excitement he felt for Hara. Why he couldn’t move on from Hara? It would be a year of their separation next month and it made her uneasy how every time they texted, he would randomly pull her name.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 You’re that happy just because she texted you? (6:25 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Ofc! It has been that long since she replied to my last text. It feels like heaven. (6:27 pm)

 

She let out a sniff as soon as she read his reply. Her fingers stayed away from the screen, not wanting to give him any replies soon. As she was getting mad by his words, she suddenly remembered how they could be this close. Everything was still fresh in her mind.  

 

The idols were in chaos. There would be an event for them where they finally could have fun for all day. The idea wasn’t very bad as the event had been held not for the first time by now. But it was SECRET’s first time and they were very excited for it. Untouchable had always avoided the event but for this time only, they finally gave up and agreed to come, to guide SECRET and B.A.P, they said.

B.A.P on the other side, were hesitating at first but because of Himchan and Junhong’s curiosity, they finally agreed. With the final decision, they agreed to buy the tickets. It was Hyosung’s task to buy the tickets and it wasn’t easy at all. The event was somehow like a top secret. She knew she had heard some idols talking about the events and how their schedules made them unable to attend but whenever Hyosung tried to ask where she should buy the tickets, they said they had no idea.

It was until she finally met with DooJoon whom had the same schedule with her. She wasted no time to approach and greet him.

“DooJoon oppa!”

The called man turned his head to her, grinning widely as he soon recognized her face. “Hyosung-ah! It’s been a while!”

Hyosung nodded, grinning back to him. “I was going to ask you something if you don’t mind?” Hyosung started being nervous. It was embarrassing actually to ask about the event to DooJoon but she had to.

“What is it? You know I have never been mind with whatever you ask me.” He said with an assuring smile.

“Urm… You know the idol special event right? The one where we could spend our time with the other fellow idols?” Hyosung watched as DooJoon nodded his head, listening to her words. “I need to buy the ticket; could you please buy me some? I swear I will repay you.”

DooJoon chuckled upon hearing to her plead. “I’ll just give you Junhyung’s number. He’s the seller.” Said Doojon. His eyes narrowed as he gave her a wide smile and a wink.

Hyosung felt her cheeks were getting warm. It was truthfully embarrassing because the way DooJoon winked to her was like sharing a naughty secret. But she had no time to think further about it as DooJoon had already took out his phone and soon enough showed her Junhyung’s number.

 “Go on and note the number. Just ask him for your tickets and he’ll get it for you, I promise.” DooJoon laughed silently to his own remark. Hyosung just nodded as she started typing Junhyung’s number to her phone.

“Thank you, DooJoon-ah!” She said happily.

“Ah, anyway please be patient with him okay? He’s usually so slow in replying texts!” Hyosung nodded and waved her hands, saying goodbye to DooJoon.

When she had finally been far enough from DooJoon, she typed the text.

 

To: Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From : Jeon Hyosung

Hey, Junhyung-ah. It’s Hyosung? From SECRET? Can I ask you for a favor? (1:45 pm)

 

Hyosung re-read the words she had typed and wondering if it sounded right and he would respond. But then, forcing a lot of courage, she clicked the send button.

She wanted to keep holding her phone and bringing it with her but it seemed impossible as later when the Director called for her, she had to leave the phone inside her bag and gave it to her manager. When they were filming, Hyosung realized that she hadn’t got her focus on the show and instead her mind kept going to her phone, wondering what Junhyung had to say for her.

When they had finally finished the filming, Hyosung rushed to her bag. People around her gave her weird stares but she didn’t care. She told herself to calm but she just couldn’t. When she opened her phone, nothing was there and it made her disappointed. It had been an hour since she sent him the text and he hadn’t replied at all.

She ended up waiting for the reply for the rest of the day but he had never replied her. It was kind of hurting her. When she was about to sleep after the long day she had, she received his reply.

From : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

To : Jeon Hyosung

Kikwang’s Hyosung? (1:00 am)

 

She stared on her phone in disbelief. She had waited for all day and she only got the short insulting reply as the payback. It was unfair!

 

To : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

Yeah, that Hyosung. Can I ask for a favor? (1:01 am)

 

She sighed. Her body was dead tired from her schedule and yet Junhyung took a long time to reply her text, again. And it annoyed her.

 

From: Yong Junhyung - BEAST

To: Jeon Hyosung

What is it? (1:05 pm)

 

To : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

I need to buy the ‘Free, Fun, Fantastic’ tickets? I need around twelve tickets. (1:07 am)

 

From: Yong Junhyung - BEAST

To: Jeon Hyosung

Why do you need a lot of tickets? (1:25 am)

 

To : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

Not your business. Anyway, how is it? Can I get it?

Don’t take a long time to reply. I wnna go to sleep. (1:28 am)

 

From : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

To: Jeon Hyosung

Sure, meet me tomorrow evening in Cube?

You’re actually gonna sleep at this time? (1:36 am)

 

To : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

Tomorrow? Ok.

Ofc, I’m tired. (1:39 am)

 

To : Yong Junhyung - BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

Ok.

Good Night then. (1:45 am)

 

The next morning when she woke up, all she could remember was her meeting later with Junhyung. She felt stupid for waiting for the meeting but it also felt right. “It’s only for the tickets.” She told herself later. It felt really strange to actually act like nothing happened for the rest of the day when inside of her head, she kept screaming how their meeting would be.

And when the sun decided to rest, Hyosung dared herself to prepare. She was having practice for tomorrow’s show but she also had a lot of thoughts about how she should act around Junhyung. It frustrated her a bit because she didn’t know she would be this miserable only because she would meet Junhyung.

As the night was getting darker, she couldn’t avoid keeping checking on her phone. Either it was just to look for any notifications or the clock. She couldn’t lie to herself that she somehow was expecting him to send her another text.

 

From: Yong Junhyung - BEAST

To: Jeon Hyosung

Wait for me eoh? I’ll be back soon with the other boys. I’ve brought ur tickets. (6:15 pm)

 

To : Yong Junhyung – BEAST

From: Jeon Hyosung

I’ll talk to G.Na unnie then. Take ur time. (6:17 pm)

 

And so she walked alone to the Cube building, ignoring her group mates’ questions when she walked off from their daily practice. It wasn’t as hard as she expected but it was surely embarrassing for her to go to someone else’s office just like that. She coughed as she greeted the receptionist.

“Mrs. Kim.” Called Hyosung. The receptionist’s head shot up and once she found Hyosung’s face, a wide grin suddenly appeared.

“Hyosung-ah! What are you doing here?”  Hyosung chuckled shyly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“I want to look for Gina unnie. Is she here?” She felt guilty for using Gina’s name to cover up her meeting with Junhyung but it would be a lot better than to tell the receptionist right away. A gossip would surely rise up from the small meeting.

“Well, she’s practicing right now. You could go to the usual dance practice room.” The receptionist said as she pointed to the back of the building. “And please don’t bother her a lot yeah? She’s going to have a comeback.”

Hyosung nodded as her reply. She quickly brushed off the last comment the receptionist made. It had been so common for people in Cube for saying those kinds of things to people from TSE. She had never really understood the reason. It wasn’t like their staffs would destroy this company anyway.

She hesitantly walked to Gina’s practice room. She had no intentions to meet her but it would be strange for her to wander around the building only to wait for Junhyung. She tried to peek inside the practice room. The practice room was almost empty if not because of Gina’s existence. She was dancing like crazy, not even giving a single pause for her body to adjust.

“What are you doing?” The deep and somehow familiar voice startled her. She slammed the door close before turning around only to stare on Junhyung’s face. She let out a nervous laugh but of course Junhyung didn’t buy it. His face was showing no changes at all.

“I was watching Gina unnie.” Hyosung mumbled the answer. Junhyung looked at her for a moment as if she was telling him something weird.

“Alright then. Right to the business should we?” Junhyung gave her a little smirk as he started ping his bag before pulling out twelve tickets. “And please, don’t make me have to give you change.” He playfully said which made Hyosung let out a little giggle.

As when their transaction ended, they both stood there awkwardly. Hyosung had no idea what she had to say and she wasn’t sure if Junhyung would say something either.

“Urm, I gotta go now I think.” Hyosung stared at him and nodded, a disappointment suddenly hit her. Junhyung hesitantly took a few steps before he decided to turn around to her, “And can we use K-Talk from now on?” His eyes were expressing anxiousness and she chuckled upon looking at his unsure expression.

“Of course.” She smiled.

 

***

Hyosung shook her head. She was having a hangover because the party she attended last night. She had dared herself to drink a lot of liquor and it seemed like she wasn’t quite good in handling them. Her eyes blinked, trying to adjust with the dim light the room had. She stared onto the ceiling, for a moment she thought of nothing and only looked at the ceiling.

Then, with her head was still empty with thoughts, she grabbed her phone and opened the Kakao Talk. There were about ten chats from Junhyung. She sighed, wondering how long she had ignored his chat until he had to send her a bunch of chats in the early morning.

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Hey, are you awake now?   .__. (9:17 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Don’t tell me you’re still laying unconscious? (9:30 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Don’t ignore me. You know the rule. (10:20 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Are you dead or what? (10:28 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

What are you doing? (10:56 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Are you there? (11:16 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

I guess you’re still dead then. (11:38 am)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Yah! How long you’re gonna ignore me and sleeping? (12:15 pm)

 

Hyosung winced upon reading the last sentence. She let out another sigh as she put the phone securely beside her. She massaged her temple, questioning why Junhyung would try to text her in the morning. He knew her well that in a day off like this, she would usually go to parties and end up waking so late in the next day.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You’re so annoying. JWU. Still dizzy. (12:49 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Ofc u’re still dizzy. You drank a lot! Can’t believe you were able to drink a lot. (12:55 pm)

 

She was still trying to get a rid of the dizziness and to discover what he was saying when the realization hit her hard. He was there, watching as she got drunk last night. She knew she had spotted him but he only glanced on her once or twice and whenever their eyes met, he would act like he didn’t know it was her.

It was kind of hurting her pride but she brushed it off last night and ended up taking a lot of glasses because she got angry whenever she remembered that Junhyung had acted to not knowing her a little bit too much for her liking. She regretted it now as her head was spinning like crazy.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Tch, it was partially ur fault. ㅡㅂㅡ (12:58 pm)

 

She put away her phone, feeling dazed with what she said. Two seconds passed quietly but at the third one, she jumped from her bed and re-read what she had typed.

“OH MY GOD! Why did I send that?!” she threw her phone to her bed as her hands wrapped around her face. “God please, make him to let it go. Please please please.” She glanced on her phone and right at the time, the phone received the reply.

 

Yong Junhyung: 

I bet you’re still drunk. (12:59 pm)

 

Hyosung sniffed as soon as she read that. A part of her was thankful that Junhyung played stupid and the other part was disappointed by the way he chose to ignore what she was going to say.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I think so too. I need coffee. ㅠㅠ (1:01 pm)

 

She let a pleased sigh to escape from her lips as she threw herself to the bed once again. She held her phone tight. Somehow to have a little conversation with Junhyung made her to fully awake and sober. She had fully forgotten the dizziness she felt earlier and the hangover had suddenly gone to nothing.

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Go and make some then. You must be still lying on your bed. Get up! \( #`⌂´)/┌┛ (1:04 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 How did u know? (1:07 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

I just know it. I’m amazing. (1:08 pm)

 

“Hyosung unnie!!!” The loud voice, which she was quite sure coming from JiEun, made her to put away the phone and dragged her body to the door. She opened it slowly and took a peek. JiEun was standing in front of the door, hands on the side of her waist. She looked annoyed and Hyosung didn’t want to ask why.

“Are you gonna stay quite?” JiEun’s face had changed from the usual innocent type to the cute-scary face. Hyosung only stared on her, playing all innocent.

JiEun sighed and started talking, not waiting for Hyosung’s response anymore. “You were home at three in the morning and not to mention you were brought home by Junhyung, too! What kind of explanation should I ask from you?”

Hyosung’s eyes widen. “Wh… what are you talking about?” Her voice was such a mess. She suddenly realized how thirsty she was and how her eyes had glued shut that she almost couldn’t look at JiEun. The five words she said earlier made hurt and it wasn’t pleasant at all.

“So you really were that drunk huh.” JiEun shook her head. Hyosung once again only could stare blankly on her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Hyosung innocently said before opened the door wider and went passing JiEun. She stopped in her track and before JiEun could ask why, she had run back to her room and back in no time holding her cell phone.

Hyosung said nothing as she started preparing a cup of tea for herself. Her phone had buzzed for the nth times since she held it earlier but she let it go. When she had seated on the couch in the living room, she opened the chat and started reading it.

 

Yong Junhyung: 

I know it sounds ridiculous, but has anyone told you that I brought you back? ._. (1:10 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

I want to tell you that you were too ed up last night so I offered to bring u back. Hope you don’t mind? (1:13 pm)

 

Hyosung just couldn’t help smiling. Her fingers tapped the screen and when she had done, she read what she had typed before nodding in satisfaction and sent it.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 I was gonna ask you that. I just knew it from JiEun. I didn’t understand though how I ended up w/ u? Weren’t my friends there too? (1:15 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Well, you went to my table and talked nonsense. You fell right in front of me and ask me to bring u back, what should I do then? Left u alone? (1:19 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

?!?! Are you serious?! (1:21 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I’m so ed up now -___-  (1:22 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Well, I didn’t bring any idols friend. They were friends from high school, so chill. (1:25 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Ok. I think I’m safe? (1:27 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Let’s just think like that.  (1:28 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I need to drink my tea. My head still hurts like crazy. ㅠㅠ (1:30 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Why won’t you just drink aspirin? (1:32 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I hate it. (1:35 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Don’t u wanna get rid of that hangover? (1:36 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Ofc I do. What kind of question was that? (1:37 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

A question for a stubborn and dumb girl like you. (1:39 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Yah! ( ̄ー ̄) (1:40 pm)

 

When she was sure that he wouldn’t reply to her text, she took a gulp of her tea. The warmth suddenly went through her body again, erasing the headache she had when she texted with Junhyung. She was wondering with what was inside her head that she ended up going to Junhyung and not her friends.

As she kept thinking of it, she remembered something. She had barely talked to Junhyung and how could she be the one whom went to Junhyung and asking for his pity? The thought kept lingering inside her head as she took another sip of her tea. She didn’t really care with the silence inside the apartment; she was too busy staring on her phone, wishing for his reply for her cue to ask him more question about what happened last night to the two of them.

 

Yong Junhyung:

Forget it. (1:45 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 But I was gonna ask u something. (1:46 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 Is Hara being one of the topics? (1:47 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

What about a no?(1:48 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Save your energy then.

 I won’t waste my energy to answer. (1:50 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You’re so mean. And, you’re answering now. (1:51 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

It doesn’t matter. You keep talking to me anyway. (1:53 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 It doesn’t count. We’ve never really talked. (1:55 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Because you barely say hello to me. You are so arrogant.(1:58 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I don’t wanna take the risk of getting ignored by you. (2:00 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

WTH? I’m not a person like that (2:01 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon :

Why would you swear? (2:03 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Dont take it seriously. (2:05 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon”:

But you were swearing! =.= (2:06 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You can always greet me when I’m not busy, don’t worry. I won’t ignore you : ) (14:08 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You make me so confused. (2:10 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Idc. Who told u to be confused anyway? (2:11 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

And now you make me want to leave this chat. (2:14 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Don’t you dare! -____- (2:14 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

What? You have nothing to lose anyway. (2:15 pm)

 

She waited and waited but the reply had never come. He made her tired with what he did, always saying things she didn’t want to listen but he shoved it to her and it made her sick sometimes. He could be a bastard sometimes when he wanted it.

 Not replying to her text is one of Hyosung’s bastard-would-do-list-. And to be honest, Junhyung fitted all of the characteristics. He was handsome and talented, yet he acted like he owned everything and Hyosung was no one but someone who would accompany him when he stayed late to write his music or when he got insomnia. But when she needed it, a lot of time, Junhyung said hurtful things to her. If it happened in their life and not in texts, Hyosung would think that Junhyung was her long lost bastard boyfriend. He was that bad in her eyes.

When she kept thinking like this time, she usually got some different thoughts on him. Imagining him to be her boyfriend would make it to the top of her dream. She sighed. If they were going to be a pair, she realized that moment, he would never make an effort to actually understand her. And of course, he had never really let go of Hara. That girl was somehow still being his first priority and it annoyed Hyosung for a lot of reasons.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Do you have any schedule today?  (3:16 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung: 

Dance practice and recording. (3:21 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Why did you ask? (3:21 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Nothing. Just curious. (3:22 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re acting weird.(3:30 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 Can’t you just go early to your practice and shut up? (3:32 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

What for? To make you miss me more? (3:35 pm)

 

Hyosung sniffed as she read the last sentence he wrote. The way he texted her sometimes made her heart beating harder than ever and she knew she had one now. It felt ridiculously personal for him to text her like that.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Actually I will feel glad if you’re just gone. :) (3:38 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Really? Then let’s prove it.(3:40 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I’m in for whatever game you prepared. (3:45 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Great then. (3:47 pm)

 

Hyosung decided to not reply the text and instead emptied her cup and started her day.

 

***

Hyosung walked inside the broadcast building, her hands held tightly to her phone. Her head was full of thoughts that she started thinking that maybe people would know what she was thinking soon. She scoffed, today was the second day Junhyung and her not texting at all.

Both of them had never texted each other since that morning when she had her hangover. For Hyosung, it was because he didn’t text her first. She was a little bit upset by the fact that she had always been the one whom texted him first lately so instead of trying to text him, she waited for him to do something.

But maybe he was being so stubborn or he was just testing his limits. He had never texted her either, which made her more upset than before. Once or twice, Hyosung would visit their chat room, scrolling to plenty of conversations they made and wondering if he remembered her existence.

She pouted as she once again closed the application for the nth times that day. But the thought somehow brushed off as she headed to the building’s cafeteria. Her eyes gleaming with spark as she got over the room. She wasted no time to buy some foods.

As she happily headed back to the waiting room, she saw a glimpse of a figure she had been familiar with. She watched silently as the two of them headed to the same elevator. He was the first one to arrive in front of the elevator and pressed the down button.

Hyosung wasn’t so far behind him and when the elevator door opened, she was right behind Junhyung. As Junhyung turned around in the elevator, Hyosung was rushing herself to get inside. Junhyung’s cold stare said nothing to her as they stood in awkward silence.

“Tenth floor please,” Hyosung mumbled. She even wondered if Junhyung heard what she said.

He said nothing as he pressed two different buttons, showing that they weren’t going to the same floor. The elevator ride was awkward if she had to say. None of them talked and Hyosung felt like he tried way too hard to ignore her. It felt so unnatural. 

Her lips slowly parted and before she got a grip of what she did, she had already said it. “How are you?” She heard her voice came out. Her voice sounded like it wasn’t hers. It sounded like someone else.

Nothing came out from Junhyung. He only glanced on her once before stared on the elevator doors, ignoring her. His reaction made her heart ached. It wasn’t what she expected. Somehow what he did was too much for her to handle. So instead of giving him one understanding smile she usually gave to people, she pouted. She sealed off as she stared coldly to the elevator doors.

When the doors opened on the tenth floor, she didn’t need to think twice to step out from the elevator and didn’t even glance back to him. As she hurriedly went to her manager, she made a promise to herself.

‘I will never reply to his text anymore.’ She knew it would be damn hard. She had been missing him lately and she had waited for his text for the last two days but what he did to her make her realizing something, she wasn’t worth enough for him. Without she could prevent it, the memories of hurtful conversations she had with Junhyung flooded her head.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 I think I won’t be able to face tomorrow.  (11:02 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

What’s with tomorrow? (11:04 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Gayo Daejun practice. (11:05 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re having a special performance? (11:07 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Yeah. Something about mixing up girl groups’ members and make a concept that fits them. I think they said so to me. (11:08 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Oh that’s great. (11:10 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Didn’t you read what I typed earlier? (11:11 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

What?  (11:14 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon: I

 I don’t think I can face them. (11:15 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Why? I thought you’re brave. (11:16 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I don’t have the mood. (11:18 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Again? It’s like the hundred times on this month. (11:20 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

What’s wrong with your reaction? (11:23 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Nothing. (11:25 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Anyway, is Hara going to be in your group? (11:25 pm)

 

Hyosung  ~ Jeon:

Nope. Her name wasn’t in the list.

Why? (11:26 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Well, if she was, you will probably lose to her. (11:28 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Are you saying that I’m a loser compared to Hara? (11:28 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I have faith in her. She will do much better than you. (11:30 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I don’t understand why the PD chose you in the first place. (11:31 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 Because I’m better than her, that’s why. (11:31 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 Ah, he must be a fool to think you’re better than Hara. (11:32 pm)

 

On another day, it would be another disaster as he would about what she said. Which actually made her uncomfortable in a lot of ways.  

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 I think I have something with younger boys. (9:00 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

So you’re a e noona? (9:04 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 It’s not that bad. It just seems I fall for younger boys often.  (9:06 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Like what you did to Kikwang? (9:07 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Yah! Kikwang is a whole different story you know.  (9:07 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Weren’t you the one who made him fall for you? (9:08 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Are you crazy? I have never known why he liked me in the first place. (9:10 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

So? What actually happened? (9:11pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

He confessed to me that year, saying weird things about admiring me. (9:13 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 He said he admired you? That’s different with ‘like’, you know.  (9:14 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

But later he told me to go out with him. What do you think? (9:15 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 Okay. So that’s basically how you trapped him huh? (9:17 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

So now you call it as trap when I have done nothing to him. (9:18 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 I have to be careful to you then. I am younger than you by a year.  (9:19 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You’re younger doesn’t mean that I will like you. (9:19 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 But you said you like younger men. (9:21 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 It’s not like that okay. (9:21 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

But you have stated that earlier. (9:23 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You’re making a fuss on nothing. (9:23 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re refusing to admit that you’re going to like me. (9:25 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Because I won’t! (9:26 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Are you sure? (9:28 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 Keep dreaming! (9:30 pm)

 

She sighed. She started questioning herself. Would she able to hold onto her promise to not falling for him? Did she really have something with younger men or was it just because it was Junhyung? The thoughts kept going inside her head to the point where she had to stop because the thoughts made her head hurt.

“Oppa, can you drop me to a coffee shop later?” Hyosung asked her manager.

“But you have a diet program!” Her manager shook his head, disagreeing on what she asked.

“I need it. Please?” Her manager stared her for what seemed like a very long time before he sighed.

“Does something bother you?”

When Hyosung didn’t answer, he dragged her to another room where no one was there. He stared intensely on her, making Hyosung squirming uncomfortably.

“So? What is it that bothers you so much?”

Hyosung shook her head, refusing to tell him the truth. “I just feel like I need some caffeine. What’s wrong with that?” Her voice was very low and she wasn’t sure if she could assure her manager with the lame excuse.

“You can’t stress yourself, Hyosung.” The stern voice her manager used didn’t affect her.

“I’m not stressing myself. I swear there’s nothing with me wanting to drink some coffee!”

Before her manager could talk back, someone burst into the room. Hyosung and her manager weren’t sure if he was eavesdropping and decided to stop Hyosung’s manager from getting an answer or he was just that clueless by what happened.

“Junhyung-ssi.” Hyosung couldn’t help herself from calling his name. He stood awkwardly near the door, his eyes were moving from Hyosung to her manager.

“I think it’s the wrong room.” He mumbled. He turned around and went out from the room before Hyosung could process what he was saying.

“Wait!” Hyosung yelled but he was already gone. She gave her manager an apologetic look before running outside the room and looking for Junhyung. He was halfway to the elevator and he seemed like he needed to go from the place as fast as he could.

Hyosung was half running as she tried to catch up with his steps. And when she had finally been able to yank his arm and made him to turn around, he did nothing but brushed her hand from his arm. He quickly left her again, the elevator was just a few steps in front of them.

Burning with anger and hurtful feeling, she once again followed him. As when the elevator doors opened, Hyosung and Junhyung quickly rushed inside. They both ignoring the questioning stares they got from the staffs.

Hyosung’s head was full with swears she wanted to give to Junhyung. She wanted to scream those dirty words to him at the moment but of course she shouldn’t do that in front of those staffs as they would think of her as a rude girl. When the doors once again opened and Junhyung stepped out first, Hyosung wasted no time to take his arm and drag him to somewhere less crowd. Junhyung tried to separate himself from Hyosung but her grip was why tighter than he thought.

Hyosung found an empty waiting room and she pushed him inside before she locked the door behind her.

“Are you crazy?” Was what came out from Junhyung. He took a long stare on her. His stare alone could make Hyosung melt like an ice if she didn’t tell herself to be strong.

“I just want to talk to you. Anyway, the way you burst into the room was so impolite. I guess you also eavesdropping?” Hyosung chuckled, a sly smirk was on her face.

“Huh? Eavesdropping? Are you crazy? Of course not! It was a pure mistake.”

“I bet not greeting me and keep making my heart hurt also a mistake for you.” Hyosung replied, her voice was as cold as ice now.

“What are you talking about?” Junhyung voice had somehow softened.

“Yong Junhyung, this is the first time we finally able to talk. And I guess it will be our last time too!”

Hyosung read once about a girl who said that whenever she did something wrong, she would tell herself that it wasn’t her because the normal she would never do something that would make her embarrassing. That girl said whenever she did something wrong or whenever she thought that her body wasn’t her, she felt like her spirit was watching her body doing everything. It was what Hyosung exactly felt and did at the time. Her spirit and her body felt like two different things and when her lips parted, her spirit somehow wasn’t with her body. Her spirit only watched as she and Junhyung started talking in high voices.

“Have you ever thought that I’m hurt by your ignorance? When you brushed past me and not even giving me sign that you knew I was there? I know you knew because our eyes met and yet, you decide to ignore me!”

“Hyosung, do you even know what you’re talking about? It seems like you’re talking about nonsense!”

“Yong Junhyung, have it ever crossed your mind that I would possibly fall for you?” Her voice had suddenly wavering and become low.

Her spirit watched as Junhyung shut his mouth tight and looked at her in a way that she couldn’t describe. That was the time when her spirit finally decided to join with the body and took over the control.

“I’m sorry. Just forget it. And you can stop texting with me from now on.” With that, she forced herself to get out from the room. It took a lot of her courage and energies to come back to where she should be.

Her head felt heavy. She knew she had done something wrong and she had once again proved to him that a boy and a girl would never be just friends.

 

It was another ordinary night for Hyosung as she lay on her bed, scrolling her chats with Junhyung when suddenly his new message popped out.

 

Yong Junhyung:

I want to tell you something but don’t laugh.  (11:10 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:  

What? (11:15 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

A junior of me is getting angry to me. She said that she’s tired waiting for me. (11:17 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Oh my God, are you saying that someone just told you that you’re giving a false hope?  (11:18 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 False hope? I have never given her false hope. (11:19 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You totally don’t know it huh. So, who’s this junior? (11:21 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Know what? You don’t need to know. (11:25 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

That you unconsciously give people false hope. At least tell me what happened until she said so.

(11:27 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I don’t! Why don’t you believe me? (11:27 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Well, we have always texted everyday and suddenly today she went into hysteria mode and called me bastard. She said that she doesn’t understand me. What should I do? (11:30 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Well, it means that she has hopes on you. (11:31 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Or let’s say that she likes you or she wants you to ask her out which you have never done because… what? You only think of her as your friend? (11:31 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

But I do only think of her as a friend. (11:35 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 Why can’t boys and girls be just friends? (11:35 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Why you’re being naïve all of sudden? (11:38 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 Come on, spill out her name. ヘ(>_<ヘ) (11:39 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 I told you her name is not important. \(--)/ (11:44 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Whatever. Anyway, it’s not her fault that she comes to like you.  (11:45pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 Why is that? (; ̄д ̄) (11:49 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Because you are a false hope giver if you think about it. (11:50 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I am not!!! (11:55 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

FYI, if people read the way we text each other, they would think we’re dating. Maybe that’s what happened to her. (11:57 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

At least you’re still normal and not being hysteric all of sudden. (11:58 pm)

 

Hyosung smiled bitterly as the elevator went down in a painfully slow pace. Now that she thought about it, she knew she should have never let her guard loose. She knew she easily fell for someone whom was sweet to her and it seemed like she had fallen to Junhyung because his sweet acts to her. But the more she thought about it, she knew she had gone crazy.

To like someone and fall in love for him when you don’t really know him is something crazy. Not to mention you fall in love to him through texts and chats. She realized it that moment she had done something wrong and embarrassing.

She should have stopped herself before it was too late but instead, she let herself to get into a deeper problem. Now she lost one more person whom had been her good friend and brother. She had a bigger task to do now that she had lost him. She needed to throw away her love for him. She needed to stop the love to grow.

***

Yong Junhyung:

 I’m sorry for earlier. (2:15 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I have prepared something for you. (2:30 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

So please, reply me. (3:00 pm)

 

Hyosung read her phone anxiously. She had totally forgotten how sticky her body from the sweats she got from the intense practice for their come back.

“Is that from Junhyung?” JiEun teasing voice could be heard from behind her.

Hyosung didn’t say anything as she buried her phone back to her bag. “Not from anyone.”

Her members frowned to her but she just shook her head. “Why don’t you believe me?”

“Because you have lively expressions whenever you get texts from Junhyung.” Sunhwa said from the other side of the room. She used the wall to help her stand up.

“I heard from manager oppa that you fought with him yesterday. Is that why you’re being rude today?” Hana lowly asked. Their eyes met through their reflection in the wide mirror.

Hyosung gave them a faint smile as she shook her head again. “Come on, we only have one hour to go before we’re finished!” She tried to make her voice happy but it didn’t work as the other gave her a weird stare she couldn’t understand.

She tried to focus on the practice but the texts she got earlier kept appearing inside her head. She even could imagine how he would whisper those words to her, asking her to forgive him. Whenever she thought he would seek for her forgiveness, she went mad and gave a lot of her energies to the dance moves which of course made the other members to give her a look through the mirror.

When the practice finished, Hyosung didn’t lie on the floor like the others did. They all were panting and sweats running on their bodies but Hyosung chose to stand up and reach for her bag. It was evening already and she knew she would never calm down if she didn’t reply his text.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

 Sorry, I just finished my practice. (5:30 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Didn’t I tell you that we should stop texting? (5:30 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You finally reply to me. (5:33 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

 I will pick you up. You’re in your company right? (5:33 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Pick me up to where? (5:34 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Just prepare yourself okay. I will be there in half an hour. (5:35 pm)

 

Hyosung sniffed. “This guy is unbelievable.”

***

Although she wanted to just run away and not coming back instead meeting with Junhyung, she couldn’t make herself to run away. In half an hour, she had washed herself and waiting for him. Her fingers anxiously playing with the phone she had held tightly for the last fifteen minutes.

It was freezing outside and she only had a thin coat to cover herself. She started regretting her decision to trust him. As she was going inside, her phone buzzed. For the very first time “Yong Junhyung” name appeared.

“Hey, I hope you’re waiting for me?” Junhyung’s hoarse voice greeted her from the other line.

“I am freezing and waiting for you of course. Like what you’re hoping me to do.” She knew she sounded rude but it worth it.

“I think I see you.” Junhyung ignored the sarcasm in her voice completely. It didn’t need a long time for Hyosung to actually understand what he was saying when a car stopped in front of her.

She hesitated for a second before his voice was heard again. “Come on in, you said you were freezing.”  So she opened the door and met with Junhyung’s eyes as she looked inside.

His smile was somehow different from the usual smile he gave her. Heck, he had never smiled to her so she couldn’t really tell whether it was really different or was it just her imagination.

“It feels weird.” She muttered when the car had slowly slide toward the main road.

She glanced on Junhyung but he only gave her a small grin as his eyes were on the road, completely silence for the long ride. Hyosung wanted to try to make a conversation but as she thought of it, she had to push back the idea as she wasn’t ready to get rejected by what Junhyung would do to her.

But for a ride that lasted for more than half an hour, Hyosung started being anxious on her seat. She was that kind of person who would think silence as something awkward and tense. She believed that there was no comfortable silence. So this time, she forced herself to talk.

“Where are we going actually?” Her voice croaked a little and it made her embarrassed but she bravely stared on Junhyung’s side face.

“Hem… I should ask you this first. Do you like going to night market?” It actually surprised her that he answered her question. She had thought that he wouldn’t answer her question and when he actually did, she couldn’t lie about the sudden happy feeling she had.

“Are we heading for one?” Hyosung asked excitedly. Her head was full with images of what she wanted to do and buy in the night market.

“I bet you will really like it.” Junhyung said, his smile had long gone from his face but the sincerity in his voice was enough for her.

Hyosung tilted her head, staring to his face for a long time before he coughed, signaling that he disliked the stare. “I’m thinking… What is going on behind this sudden surprise? And to be honest, it’s like our third time talking aside from our first greeting and our fight.”

Junhyung chuckled but he chose to keep silence and say nothing as he fastened the speed of the car which made Hyosung had to sit back quietly.

“Don’t remind me of that fight.” Junhyung suddenly said, with a serious tone which made Hyosung have to turn her head to him.

“Do you hate it?” Hyosung asked. Junhyung silently nodded to her question. “For the first time you agree on me.” She mumbled.

***

After Junhyung parked his car, Hyosung jumped out of the car, her grin couldn’t be wider than it already was. She took a deep breathe as she approached Junhyung who had come out from the driver seat.

“Hurry up! We shouldn’t miss anything tonight!”

Junhyung had to admit that she was actually the most naïve and innocent between the two of them. She was just that innocent and naïve and yet she tried hard to make herself look mature. Before Junhyung could scold or warn her, she had already pulled his hand to the market’s gate.

She wasted no time to look around the clothes which actually made Junhyung confused because he was sure she had bunch of them inside her closet and in better quality. But he had to let it go as she was having so much fun with the clothes. She grabbed a black scarf and looked at it intensely before suddenly she turned around and circled it around Junhyung’s neck. She backed up a little, tilting her head to get a better view.

“You look good in black.” She said as she removed the scarf from Junhyung. Junhyung only nodded to keep her happy.

She said nothing to him as she started walking again, getting deeper to the market. She excitedly looking around and whenever she found something interesting, she would stop and talk a lot to him about the thing she found. He didn’t mind and actually started liking it. He waited for what she would do next and the realization bothered him but instead of thinking of it, he tried to let everything flow.

“I’m hungry!” She suddenly whined to him. She rubbed her tummy as if giving him a signal that she wanted him to look for an eating place.

“Do you want to eat some beefs?” Junhyung offered which was replied by eager nods from the latter. He led them to small tents selling foods and he didn’t let Hyosung to pick. He was worried that she would go from one tent to the others. He led them to one of his favorite tent and told her to not moving as he went to order.

When he was back, Hyosung was holding her phone and as she saw him coming, she quickly shoved her phone inside her bag. He saw that but it was his instinct to ignore things so he brushed it off. When the foods came and Hyosung nagged him that he missed the alcohol, he stared on her with disbelief.

“What do you want me to do? I’m going to drive and you ask for alcohol?”

Hyosung glared on him as if he had said something wrong. “Of course you should get some alcohol! It’s for me and not for you anyway.”

He couldn’t understand her sometimes when she acted like a crazy woman. “So you’re telling me you want to enjoy things by yourself?”

Hyosung shook her head as she stood up. “I never said so. But like what you said, you’re going to drive and I can’t eat these things without drinking. I’ll take some then, you wait here!”

When she had walked away, Junhyung stared longingly on the foods. He knew he had to contain himself from cleaning up the foods. Hyosung would be mad. He was getting bored by the waiting and he couldn’t think of anything else beside his phone so he fished it out from his pocket. He frowned when he saw a notification from Hyosung.

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Thank you for tonight.(๑^ں^๑) 

I want to run away at first but now I’m looking at you, I think I should have stayed longer to know you better. Hope you don’t mind. (7:28 pm)

 

“This is what you did huh.” He chuckled as he closed his phone and saved it safely inside his pocket again. And this time, he waited for her patiently.

She came back with pleasant amount of alcohol. She smiled brightly as she made herself comfortable on her seat.

“You surely take a lot of alcohol.” Junhyung commented.

“For our luck!” She proudly said as she poured a little amount to his glass and when she was done, she gave a wink to him. She chuckled on her own behavior before gulping down a glass of hers.

He watched and listened to her as he slowly sipped his little amount of alcohol and ate slowly to his foods. She did almost all of the talk which made him wondering if she was ever tired from using muscles too much.

At one time, the talk stopped and Hyosung would feed him. It was either she realized or not but she was acting like they were best friends. Worse, people would think of them as lovers with the way she suddenly acted. On the other hand, he didn’t refuse the foods that kept coming from her and somehow being satisfied by the way she fed him up.

“Don’t you think they’re so delicious?” Hyosung asked as she quietly cut a slice of the beef and put it inside his waiting mouth. He kept the beef on his tongue for a while before nodding to her.

“Too delicious to handle.” He mumbled the words.

They said nothing afterwards as Hyosung kept feeding both of them. She sometimes would whisper some stories to him and they would giggle to her stories. When they were finished with their foods, Junhyung was first to talk.

“It feels weird.”

Hyosung stared on him for a brave second before she nodded. She suddenly felt awkward now that they were finished with their foods. She had told him a lot of stories that she was wondering if she still had other stories to tell. They took the silent time to sip their drink some more.

“Actually,” Hyosung began to talk and made Junhyung to turn focus on her “I’m wondering what we are now.”

Junhyung took a big gulp of his drink. The sudden heavy silence fell between them felt suffocating. He wanted to break the silence but her statement was something that couldn’t be easily brushed off like nothing. It was serious and he knew he actually had questioned the same thing over and over again for the last few weeks. Their fights were going to far sometimes that he actually confused if they were really just friends or were they developing feeling to each other?

“I don’t know. We were being colleague at first. But for now, I can’t tell you what we are exactly.”

 Hyosung chuckled. Her previous low hanging head had risen up. Junhyung didn’t know how to describe it but her eyes had a lot of sparkles that weren’t there before. They gave him different auras in every second. Sometimes they gave him this uncomfortable feeling and in the next second they gave him a comforting feeling and sometimes he would feel guilty just by looking at them.

“We should go back now!” She announced it a little bit too eager. He said nothing to her as he stood up first.

They came back to their car in a complete silence, but something was clear, they knew their relationship was on the edge of falling down. They had gone through a lot of friendship things to know where their relationship was heading.

As they were getting close to Junhyung’s car, all Hyosung wanted to do was pulling his arm and begging him to stop. She wanted to save a moment with him for one last time before they finally would say the silent goodbye and watching as their friendship vanishing into thin air. But she couldn’t do that to him. She didn’t want to make everything worse.

Junhyung was afraid to talk. He knew whenever he opened his mouth, they were going to debate everything but what was worse for him was the silence that came after the debate. He wasn’t in mood to get into a lot of awkward moments and he knew he was already there.

As he drove back, his mind was focusing on the figure next to him. He wanted to ask her about how she was doing but it would be funny because it shouldn’t be discussed now when she was being worried about their sinking ship.

“Are you going to miss me?” Her voice messed the thoughts he had and it surprised him that she actually tried again to break the silence between them. He wasn’t sure how strong this girl actually was. He realized at the very moment that he didn’t know this girl as good as he claimed.

“Are you being that worried about me forgetting you?” He asked back, chuckling.

“Of course. The moment you drive away after I’m home, it’s over.”

“Is it really that bad?”

“It is. You have never given it a thought, don’t you?”

He shook his head as the answer. She chuckled bitterly and once again, the silence fell between them. It was thicker and heavier than before.

***

She lay on her bed, facing the ceiling. It felt awesome to actually have a date with Junhyung. Or whatever he wanted to call that night market thing. Although she knew everything had come to the end, she felt it would be easier because she had this memory to hold on tightly.

Her phone vibrated and she felt like her heart would jump as she reached her phone. She was half expecting it was from Junhyung. She was right.

 

Yong Junhyung:

It was great. Thank you. (10:03 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I thought you’ll never text me anymore. (10:03 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Do you want me to do that? (10:05 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

No.  (10:05 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I think a lot tonight. (10:06 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

About what? (10:07 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

About why we can’t be a couple. (10:08 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Found the answer? (10:08 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Yeah. We don’t know about each other that well.  (10:09 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Could we give it a try? (10:11 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Try what? (10:12 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Try dating each other. (10:12 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You’re so blunt tonight. (10:13 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Because I can’t hold it back anymore. (10:14 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Maybe we should give it a try. (10:15 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Are you being serious? (10:16 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

You want to back up? (10:18 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

It’s not like that. I’m wondering if it will work out. (10:18 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

That’s why we should give it a try. (10:20 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I’m in. (10:22 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Good. Because I am in too. (10:23 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

Can I call you honey from now on?(*^3^)/~♡  (10:28 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I’m shivering on that thought. (10:35 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I’m smiling already, imagining you shivering on me calling you honey. ಠﭛಠ (10:36 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

Whatever. Anyway, you have to stay accompany me till late night again today. “ψ(`∇´)ψ (10:40 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I can’t~~!!! (∩▂∩) ヽ(´ー`)ノ (10:41 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I bought you food. (10:42 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

You’re so mean!!!  ಠ_ಠ (10:43 pm)

 

Yong Junhyung:

I’m gonna text you later tonight. Don’t even try to sleep. (10:45 pm)

 

Hyosung ~ Jeon:

I love you. (10:46 pm)

 

Hyosung smirked as she sent the text. She put away her phone. Today couldn’t be more beautiful that it already was.