Most Memorable Birthday

Most Memorable Birthday
Please log in to read the full chapter

I wake up to sunshine in my face. I open my eyes slowly, squint from the light, and turn away from the window. Then my heart slams into my chest. I am face to face with my boyfriend, Yixing. He looks like an angel when he's sleeping. We have been dating for three years and we moved in together a few months ago and I still can't get used to the fact that I wake up to his handsome face everyday. I smile and brush his bangs with my fingers.

He opens his eyes as soon as I pull my hand away. "Good morning, beautiful," he says with a smile.

"Good morning to you," I say back.

He sits up in our bed and kisses my cheek, "Get up Julie, today's a big day."

"What?" I ask. I still get dazed everytime he kisses me.

"Your birthday!" he exclaims.

"You remembered?" I gawk. Yixing is known for being forgetful.

"Of course," he says. Then he smiles mischievously. "You better close that mouth of yours or I might have to kiss it."

And with that, he gets out of bed and walks away leaving me blushing. 

 

 

After washing up, I walk to the kitchen to find out that Yixing made us breakfast. He makes my favorite, blueberry waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. 

When I am done eating, I hear him laugh. I look up, confused.

"You have whipped cream on your lips," he says.

Before I can do anything about it, he leans over the table, takes my chin and kisses me. His tongue darts out to the whipped cream away. 

Pulling away, he grins and says, "There, got it."

 

 

We spend all morning cuddling and kissing and watching a romantic comedy. Yixing is either eating all the popcorn or sleeping but I don't mind. At noon we eat lunch together and after, he drives me to the spa where my friends and I planned to go on my birthday. He kisses me goodbye and drives away. 

"Did he shower you with kisses today?" my friend Judy asks.

"He showers me with kisses everyday," I mumble. 

My friends nudge me and pester me about extremely personal questions about my relationship with Yixing the whole time we're at the spa. We spend the whole afternoon there and accidentally stay until the early e

Please log in to read the full chapter