Chapter Five

Whenever You're in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next few days, Zelo didn’t see Darren. He was a bit disappointed, since they were getting along so well. He figured that his friend was simply busy, so he didn’t press the issue. He did text Darren, telling him they were about to go to Washington. He still didn’t get a reply, which also didn’t upset him too much. Darren wasn’t much of a talker, so Zelo wasn’t surprised. They left for Washington without a reply, so Zelo simply sent a text telling Darren that he would see him eventually, if he was in Washington while they were there.

 

 

Darren sat on his bed, looking through his texts. He frowned when I saw the one from Zelo, telling him they had left for Washington. He already knew they were going to Washington. He just didn’t want to sound like a stalker and tell Zelo that. It would just be creepy. He was upset because he was worried about them and didn’t want anything to happen. He had to admit that he was beginning to like Zelo, even though they hadn’t spent a lot of time together. He couldn’t really explain it. He wanted to be around the young Korean for more than protection purposes, and that was beginning to weigh on him. He hadn’t planned to get attached to anyone. It had simply happened. Turning back to the prints he was running, Darren decided what he needed to do about this, in order to keep them safe and be close to Zelo. As soon as he was done with his work, Darren texted Zelo to see what he was up to. 

 


Zelo was listening to music on his iPod when he saw that he had received a text from Darren. Frowning, he wondered why the other boy hadn’t spoken him or seen him. 


‘Hey, I was a little worried about you, since I hadn’t heard from you in a while…or a few days.’ Zelo shook his head. The text seemed silly as soon as he hit send. He should know that Darren had a life of his own and that he was busy. He probably had a ‘normal’ job, or college, or both. ‘I’m sorry. I shouldn’t assume that something happened to you, simply because you didn’t answer my texts. What have you been up? I’m on my way to Washington now. I would have let you know sooner, if I had seen you, so maybe I’ll see you there sometime before I leave, if you happen to go to one of our performances.’


He got a reply right away. ‘Hi, Junhong. I’m glad that you are doing well. I miss you already.’ Darren shook his head, wanting to smack himself for being so blunt. It had simply slipped out. Zelo was affecting his judgment, and that was bad. ‘I didn’t mean that in a creepy way, just so you know.’


Zelo laughed softly, earning a strange look from Jongup. ‘You didn’t sound creepy at all. I’m glad you miss me, and wish I hadn’t left you so quickly. Maybe I’ll see you sometime. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter