01

Out Of The Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His beautiful face glistened in the moonlight shining through the window of his newly wedded wives ship.

He seemed so peaceful,

            happy, and

                  alive.

“Do it now! While you still have time! The moon is at its highest point, its now or never Jinni!” oppa shouted form the waves

My brothers gave up their most valuable gifts in order for me to go back and return to the kingdom and restore everything to its natural order. 

But all I wanted was to become human and live like a human, to die like a human, and remain eternal in the sky like the humans! 

I held the blade tight in my hands, the handle was rough at the touch, almost cutting me alone, the damage it would cause with a simple swipe. 

I held it over his sleeping body. 

Right above his still beating heart.

“gime gorrgy…(Im sorry)” was all that I was able to murmur before the dagger pierced the skin.

I jumped into the water and watched as the boat drifted away with the motions of the ocean.

Pain stuck me like lightning,

forces pushed my legs together morphing them back into the magnificent tale I once had.

Tears streamed down my face as I watched the ship sail away.

“Please forgive me…”

 

__

Your POV:

"Nothings over until its truly over, but if its a never ending game then at some point you must decide where it ends.”

It was a quote that was supposed to be able to answer almost every question I ever had.

I never really understood what it truly meant.

Thats understandable considering i’m only a mere 5 years old. But as a mermaid we aged like dogs, but every year for a mermaid is almost 3 years for a human. So technically I would be 14 almost 15. At least thats what grammie says.

“Come on,” whistled a voice, snapping me out of my thoughts “we must go to see hyung off, its his time now.”

I looked to the door to find my oppa Chen floating at the entrance of my room. “You know, you don’t need to talk like that with me.” you said slowly swimming to him, “Father is not around, but you mustn’t speak in such ways around the public” you mocked.

He whacked the back of your head “Ohww…” you rubbed the small injury, “I didn't say you could hit me, do you know how long it took me to get my hair made this morning, grandmother is gonna kiiill you” you teased stressing the ‘kill’ to annoy him.

He rolled his beautiful brown eyes, “Just get Lay hyung to—“ he stopped mid way making you suspicious, “Just go back and get it redone, they cant refuse on a day especially like this…not ever.” he left the room.

Chen re entered the room with only his head “Oh, and Hyung wont start without you there so hurry!” and sped away.

I checked my hairs status in the pearl on the wall. “Oh lord.”

I swam like a torpedo through the halls nearly knocking vases and statues over. “Unni!” you scanned the room for your closest friend and maid, “Ah! Chen oppa messed up my hair, do you think you can fix it?” 

She looked at me from head to toe, she didn’t seem to happy about my image as a whole at the moment. “Uh, why don’t you take a look in the pearl for a moment, it seems as if you need to redo… well umm…everything.”

I swam to the shining body length pearl, embedded into the wall, and looked at myself. “AHHH! WHAT HAPPENED?!” I shouted at the retched person in the reflection.

My hair looked like I had just woke up, and most of the small pearls and shells had fallen off my tale.

I fanned myself in panic, “Oh, please, do you think you can fix it, and fast?” I asked desperate for a positive answer.

“Uhh—“

“What is this? Your not ready for the ceremony?” a soothing calm voice said coming from the entrance.

My maid—, well i never really learned her name yet. Well when I saw her face I knew who it was. It could only be the one and only—

“Your Highness, please forgive us, I was just notified of the situation.” she lowered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter