Timeline

The One?

During the end of 2009:  In my freshman year of high school, noticed this girl who sat across me in class one day and it was love at first sight for me.  I didn’t know why, but it happened.  Then one day, we randomly started a conversation and we got along pretty well.

 

July 2010:  This was around the time in which we were good friends, but that’s where it stayed, as I still hid my feelings for her.

 

May 2012:  As in the story, we maintained a close friendship and texted each other from time to time.  It was also the last day of school before summer, and I had wanted to confess.  But she had to hurry home and of course, I didn’t confess.  And like the story, I would confess the next time I saw her.

 

August 2012:  We started school again as seniors and we had many classes together.  At the end of the school day, I confessed to her before she was picked up.  She was shocked, but I told her to go and just tell me the next day.  Her response was basically the same as in the story, as was my thoughts and actions.

 

January 2013:  Though we see each other often, I didn’t talk that much to her due to being busy with school work and a major project for graduation.

 

August 2013:  We met at a mutual friend’s party to celebrate our graduation and as we went separate ways, I texted her.  We had a similar conversation to the one mentioned in the story.  And my acting like nothing happened for her was true.

 

November 2013:  We once again met up at the same friend’s house for another party, and she was there with her boyfriend.  I knew him, so I acted like there was nothing much between his girlfriend (my crush) and I.  After talking to them, I went home and there was nothing I could do except think of her and what could have been.  But I also realized that if she’s happy, then that’s all that matters.  And even though she may be the girl of my dreams, maybe I’m just not the one for her.