Final

Five Minutes


  His room emitted an unpleasant odor but the female that entered seemed unfazed, not showing any sign of displeasure. She stealthily moved towards an unmoving figure completely covered in blankets and knelt beside it.

  “You’re the master of sleeping in, I swear,” the female whispered to herself, cautiously poking (what she hoped was) his leg. “Hey, Milky Skin Suga, are you alive? Give me a sign that you’re still breathing.”

  Her voice rose at every syllable and she pulled the duvet off his face when he showed no sign of acknowledgement. The girl sighed and stared at his disheveled brown locks. She fought the urge to run her fingers and feel the softness of his hair.

  “It’s not fair,” she mumbled as her bottom lip ended up between her teeth, “you still look beautiful while sleeping. You’re making me forget the reason why I came here.”

  There was a sudden surge of warmth and all the blood on her body seemed to have travelled to her cheeks. An unfamiliar knot formed on .

  “Y-yah, are you getting up or not?” she winced at the sound of her own voice cracking, ridding her of all the confidence she’d mustered up earlier before barging in his room. Yoongi was inert and stayed still, breathing evenly through his slightly agape lips. Finally getting fed up with his antics, she tore the blanket away from his body. She quietly noted the sudden crease between his brows.

  “Are you kidding me right now? Why do I have to be responsible for wake you up every morning? Heck, it’s not even morning anymore—it’s three in the afternoon for God’s sake! What you need to do is start getting your act together, you hear me? You’re two years older than I am and yet—what the hell?”

  She was completely cut off mid-sentence when Yoongi’s hand reached for her arm, spontaneously pressing body against his. Instinctively, she tensed up at the sudden proximity; his arms were tangled around her torso and her heated cheek was placed against his chest. She was sure she could hear his hammering heart until she realized it was her own, pulsing wildly on her ears.

  “I’m sorry. Wait—no, actually—I’m not sorry,” Yoongi began, his voice came out rasped and coarser than it usually was, “You took away my source of warmth so you have no choice but to share your body heat with me.”

  The girl groaned in dissatisfaction and bit her lower lip, earning a sleepy laugh from Yoongi. Feeling defeated, she succumbed to his non-verbal request. If observed closely, though, a small tug on the corners of her lips would be evident.

  Just as she was beginning to fall into a deep slumber, his voice—deeply coated with his Daegu accent—resonated from his lips and clawed their way under her skin, sending chills throughout her body.

  “So I’m beautiful when I sleep, huh? Is it the same when I’m awake?”

  She stayed silent and said nothing.

  “Oh, so now you’re the one pretending to sleep,” he whispered sluggishly against her ear, sending her on the edge of a cliff. It was difficult to maintain her equilibrium when she’s with the boy who constantly nudged and poked her heart.

  “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she felt him smirk against her ear.

  “Do you forget a lot of things when you look at me?” he pressed on in a teasing manner. It was no longer just that was forming complicated knots but her stomach decided to join in as well. It took her a few minutes to compose herself.

  “Why weren’t you responding when you were clearly awake?” she retorted, poking his chest tauntingly. Or maybe she was just really aching to touch him. She heard no response from Yoongi and she looked up to find his eyes shut and his body in a relaxed, sleeping position.

  “I give up. I don’t know if you’re playing around or just really tired or—” she paused and sighed, realizing that she was being an idiot by talking to herself. She concluded that he’s most likely just playing around and will pass it off as a joke when it comes up during conversations.

  “Just—five more minutes, okay?” she was unsure if he heard it but it didn’t matter anyway, because they slept until evening came. 

 


 

Sorry for the delay. I had to finish my final exam this week = = Hah, well here it is. Enjoy ^^