Chapter One

You're more special than relativity

warning: bad grammar and no proper capitalization aLSO GIRL JOONMYEON YAAAH

 

 

 

 

jongdae enters his science classroom and doesnt notice that his classmates seats have changed. he walks to his old seat; ignoring the girl who taps his shoulder. after a while, the tapping gets annoying and he shoots her an annoyed look, “what.”

 

the girl rolls her eyes, “get your off my new seat, jongdae.”

 

jongdae takes five seconds to finally come to the realization that everyone has new seats. he slowly gets up and apologizes to kyungsoon who just rolls her eyes at him again. he walks to the teacher and asks about the seat arrangement. the teacher only scoffs, “you really did not read the board did you, jongdae?”

 

jongdae shakes his head. the teacher just points to the desk right beside the door and says nothing. jongdae follows his finger and moves to the desk. there’s a printed seating chart taped to the surface. he scans the paper to look for his name and is surprised when he sees that he’s right next to kim jooyeon. ‘she is like literally the most perfect girl in this entire school ohmygod what if i accidentally vomit on her,’ is the first thought that comes into jongdae’s mind. fortunately, he’s not given anymore time to think of the worst that could happen because the bell rings.

 

the teacher clears his throat and jongdae’s body turns to face him automatically. “jongdae, please take a seat or i’ll have to mark you down as tardy.”

 

jongdae nods and rushes to his new seat, it’s in the back right corner of the room, near all the windows. when he sits down, jooyeon is looking at him and jongdae can feel his face heating up. jooyeon doesnt say anything to him, but jongdae can feel his heart leaping out of his chest.




 

when the bell rings, jongdae is the first to get up and out of his seat. he practically runs to the door and rushes to his next class.





 

the next day, he does his hair nicely and sprays on just a little bit too much cologne. when he arrives at his third period physics class, he walks coolly to his seat and sits down with confidence. however, when he catches sight of jooyeon entering the room, all the confidence in his body has checked out and left and is never checking in ever again. ‘, , .’ he’s practically sweating when jooyeon sits down. his palms are sweaty and his heart is pounding just a little bit too hard and he freaks out because he thinks everyone can hear him because they all turn around and face him. “wh-what?” he stutters out and mentally groans because his voice is weak and it cracked like he was going through puberty all over again.

 

the girl sitting in front of him asks him if he’s okay and he’s not sure why she would ask that, unless his sweat has soak through his blazer.

 

“you look a little pale and you were making really weird noises.”

 

those words were not from the girl sitting in front of him. the girl sitting in front of him is looking at him like she’s judging him. he gulps and turns his head to the left, facing jooyeon. he recognizes her voice--even if he’s heard it like three times--and lets out a squeaky what.

 

the entire class laughs at jongdae and jooyeon does too. jongdae wants to do nothing more than just run out of the room, go home, cry, play pokemon on his ds, and sleep.





 

somewhere in the cafeteria, jooyeon is sitting down with her friends and sharing their lunches.

 

“jooyeon-noona, i heard from kyungsoon-ah that you had a crush on someone in your physics class,” chanyeol says with a mouthful of food. kyungsoon hits his arm and tells him he’s disgusting and should have better eating etiquette. chanyeol shuts her up by kissing her cheek. “so, noona, who is he?”

 

jooyeon smiles down at her food in front of her, “this little cutie named kim jong-”

 

before jooyeon can answer chanyeol properly, a ball hits her head and she falls off her seat. after a few seconds, she feels hands on her hair immediately and freezes when she sees kim jongdae’s face.

 

“oh my god, i’m so sorry. i’m so so so sorry. i didn’t mean to hit you with the volleyball, it was all luhan’s fault, i swear. i’m so sorry,” jongdae’s mouth won’t stop and he keeps saying sorry even after jooyeon has gotten up and sat back down in her seat. jongdae is on his knees, hands clasped together, and is asking for forgiveness.

 

jooyeon smiles awkwardly because really, it’s okay. “umm, don’t worry about it. it’s fine. it happens.”

 

jongdae immediately looks relieved after the words come out of and he stands up slowly. “well, i’m gonna go now. bye noona!”

 

jooyeon looks at jongdae weirdly. they’re not that close and they don’t even know each other.

jongdae feels like his face is boiling when he’s not met with a “okay, bye jongdae-ah!’ or ‘see you later!’ then he suddenly remembers he called her noona and they’ve talked like two times. he realizes his mistake and runs out of the cafeteria, almost tripping over cartons of milk left on the floor.

 

“what a weird kid, that one is,” jooyeon says after he leaves the cafeteria.

 

chanyeol laughs a little bit too hard and claps his hands a little too loudly.

 

“what are you laughing on about?” kyungsoon frowns at him and hits his arm again.

 

“jooyeon-noona likes that kid? kim jongdae?” chanyeol is laughing/screaming at this point and he’s leaning into kyungsoon, putting dead weight on her.

 

jooyeon blushes, “no! i dont like him! did-did you see him? he’s so awkward and de-definitely not my type!!!”

 

“say what you will, unnie, you were about to say kim jongdae earlier.” kyungsoon comments even with a shaking, screaming giant on her.

 

“i-i was about to say kim jongin.” jooyeon says this more like a question than a statement and chanyeol seriously loses it. “control your boyfriend, what jongdae did wasn’t even that funny.”

 

kyungsoon smirks, “you know all too well that jongin is gay and you treat him like he’s your son.”

 

jooyeon is speechless at this point and chooses to throw her rice at kyungsoon.