V. (AKA. CHAPTER TOO LATE)

Sweetie Call

Luhan scheduled the Friday hangout with his group of friends and Seohyun included. So as not to make her feel out of place, he had Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany come along with them as well. That time, all they were waiting for was Sehun.

"What's taking that motherer so long?" asked D.O.

"I dunno. Maybe he's still picking some girls up?" Kris jokingly replied. Finally, Sehun arrived in his car.

"There he is!' the guys said as they saw a black Toyota park in front of Luhan's house. Sehun stepped out of the car and walked over to the other side instead of straight to the door. The boys and girls were cheering and calling his name but he paid no mind.

"I think he brought a guest." Kai said. The guys and girls peered in closer to see who the special guest he had in the passenger seat was...

Lo and behold, it was Yoona. 

Luhan's face dropped to the ground. It flattened on the floor when Sehun took her hand and walked her to the gate.

B-but...but she's my girl...

It was only then that Luhan realized how much he loved Yoona and how much he took her for granted. 

"Guys, this is my date Yoona. We've known each other since college and I've liked her ever since. I gathered the courage to talk to her and look where we are now!" Sehun proudly said. Luhan could only look with despair and regret, his eyes not daring to blink. 

I had her first...I had her...

Yoona smiled as the boys eyed her, admiring every inch of her body, praising her beauty. They congratulated Sehun on a job well done.

"You know how to rope girls in, don't you?" 

"You are a slick fox, man!"

Sehun and Yoona looked so happy together, smiling from ear to ear. When Luhan looked at the two of them, he couldn't help but feel jealous and remorseful for his actions.

Had I been proud of her, she would've still been mine. Had I appreciated her, I would still be holding her hands. Had I taken care of her, I would still be embracing her....

Had I shown her love, I could've even kissed her and made her mine forever. And never let her go...

Seohyun approached Luhan who looked rather distant. Concern written on her face, she placed a hand on his shoulder and asked him what was wrong. 

"Baby, are you okay?" Seohyun asked, leaning closer. Luhan moved away from her and walked out. Seohyun, an emotional and fragile girl, started to worry and blame herself in her head.

"Stay away, okay!" Luhan warned when he noticed her trying to follow him. Seohyun's face turned sad as she walked back to the table, feeling down. 

Luhan stayed in one corner all by himself. He watched the happy look on Yoona's face as Sehun held her hand tightly. He imagined his hand in hers, how beautiful her hands looked when they were intertwined with his fingers and his palm. Now it was a different guy holding her hand and he couldn't feel any worse. 

Luhan took her for granted. Now she was in the arms of another and all he could do was watch the one that got away.

Regret always comes in the end.