Final.

Heartbreaking truth.

 

 
 
You sat beside the hospital bed, reminiscing the times that you and Jiyong had spent together. 
*Flashback* 
"Oppa! Come over here!"you called as you skipped playfully in front of Jiyong. You turned around and saw him running towards you with a smile plastered on his face. You were about to run away from him when you heard a loud thud coming from behind you. Turning around, you saw Jiyong lying on the hard ground. "He must've fallen down," you thought to yourself. Walking towards him, you held out your hand to help him up. He gratefully grabbed it and stood up. "Oppa, are you okay?"you questioned. "I'm fine jagi ah. My legs just suddenly gave in," he chuckled. You could see that he was panting hard and didn't quite believe his explanation. "Are you sure oppa?"you asked suspiciously. "Why would I lie to you jagi ah~" He smiled and swung your intertwined fingers back and forth. The both of you continued your walk in the park before deciding to go home. 
 
But it was all a lie. He wasn't fine. Not at all.
 
On the last day of your week-off with Jiyong, you guys decided to go to Hongdae to shop for some clothes. Halfway while you were looking through some shorts, Jiyong suddenly collapsed beside you. You stood there, frozen, not knowing what you should do. Fortunately, the salesgirl in the shop was quick-witted, so she called the ambulance immediately. You came back to reality upon hearing the wailing sirens of the ambulance. Paramedics lifted Jiyong up onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. You climbed up the ambulance, totally shocked at the situation. 
 
Upon reaching the hospital, Jiyong was urgently sent to the emergency room. You sat outside, and waited. Your mind was in a blur and your heart was throbbing. "Oppa... Please... Don't let anything happen to you... Please..."you whimpered. You silently sobbed, letting the endless tears fall from your eyes. 
*Flashback over*
Slowly, your hand moved to grab his. He was still unconscious. The doctor's words echoed in your head. "He had a tumor in his lungs. We've successfully removed it. But as to whether he'll stay alive or not, I can't be sure. I'm really sorry." 
"Oppa..." Your voice cracked. "You can't leave me like this oppa..."you sniffed. "Oppa... Why did you lie to me?! Why..."you cried. 
You prayed and prayed for hours. You hadn't lost all hope yet. But then... the monitor that showed Jiyong's heart rate suddenly turned into a straight line. "Oppa! Oppa!" "No! No!" But it was too late, he wasn't breathing anymore. 
 
Hey guys~ Thanks for reading ^^ I hope you enjoyed this oneshot! I would really appreciate it if you subscribe and do comment if you want a sequel! ^^