The Past and Sadly, the Present (Part 3)

Dating

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello?" I quickly said on the phone after answering it.

 

"Tiffany... I..." I said immediately as I wanted to talk to her but, I stopped as the person on the other line spoke.

 

"Chingu-ya!" I heard a familiar feminine voice, "It's me, Joohyun."

 

"Oh..." I bit my lower lip, a bit disappointed that it wasn't Tiffany, "Hey, how are you?"

 

"Same old me." Seohyun answered, "Ah, you're wondering why I am using unnie's phone, right? She left it here on South Korea." She explained.

 

"I see..." I nodded, asking myself whether Tiffany intentionally left her phone so that I cannot call her. I also wondered if the reason was so that she can't call me.

 

"She's still in Italy, right?" I asked.

 

"Yep." Seohyun answered, "Sorry... you're disappointed that it wasn't Fany unnie, right? I have a new number and I haven't transferred my contacts yet, that's why I used unnie's phone to call you."

 

"No, I'm not." I quickly answered her question. Of course I'm a bit disappointed since it wasn't Tiffany but how can you get disappointed and sad if one of the members of SNSD called you?

 

"What made you call me anyway?" I asked, "Ah, I almost forgot, happy new year!"

 

"Happy new year to you too, chingu!" Seohyun greeted back.

 

'It's not really a happy new year to me...' I thought as I listened to Seohyun.

 

"Are you free today?" Seohyun asked as I stood up on my newly awakened legs.

 

"Yeah, I am." I replied, recalling that I still got a few days left before I have to report back to the company, "Do you need some help?"

 

"It's not really a help but..." Seohyun started off, "Can you accompany me for today?"

 

"For the day? What's the occasion?" I asked as I grabbed a  glass of water.

 

"Well... I'm going to watch a musical. And I don't want to go alone." I heard Seohyun answering my question as I drank on the glass of water, "Please?~"

 

I giggled as I heard her awkward aegyo, "Sure, I will go with you." I accepted her request as I cannot seem to reject. I mean, I won't reject any request that SNSD will ask me.

 

"Yay!" Seohyun giggled, "Then I will be at your apartment around three in the afternoon?"

 

"Okay, I got it." I answered as I leaned against the refrigerator.

 

"Thanks! Then I will see you later!" Seohyun said before the call ended.

 

I sighed as I saw the caller ID on my phone again, wondering if the owner of the caller ID is doing good. I smiled bitterly as I worried about her. Then I saw two new text messages. I checked on them, revealing that they were from Taeyeon.

 

"My YouTube account is now up! Subscribe~" I read the first message as I saw it being sent around ten in the evening last night.

 

"Yah! Where's your subscription?! Subscribe me now! Now!" The second message read as I saw it being sent around midnight.

 

I giggled on how dorky Taeyeon's message was. Thinking about it, I promised to subscribe her once she created her account. I sighed, cursing myself on why did I fall asleep yesterday.

 

Knowing that she will probably post her YouTube account on her instagram account, I browsed my phone to instagram. The first thing I saw was a new selca uploaded by Yuri. She was wearing some dark clothes as she posed with a v-sign.

 

"Yeppeuda..." I mumbled as I tapped the screen of my phone to like it.

 

The next three pictures was also from her. Those pictures showed a gate and a signboard. I didn't know where it was but they still earned a like to me.

 

The next post was from her again. It was something red that has windows and uh... are those doors? I'm not really sure what it was as I assumed it was some tourist spot in Italy. Nevertheless, I double tapped the screen of my phone to like it.

 

I scrolled down, revealing another post by Yuri. I sighed as I stared at the picture. It was her picture with Tiffany. They were happily posing in front of which seems like a church.

 

I sighed again as I saw Tiffany wearing her bright smile. Once again, I sighed. Glad that she is happy.

 

I almost forgot that I was supposed to check Taeyeon's YouTube account as I was caught staring blankly at Tiffany's face. Regaining back to myself, I scrolled down the screen. I also liked the other pictures that that was showed on the screen, which includes Yuri's follow-up photos in Italy and Taeyeon's goodnight selca.

 

After Taeyeon's goodnight selca, I found what I am looking for. A post of her with the link of the YouTube video that she uploaded. Quickly, I checked out the video. As the video loaded, I did what she told to do, to subscribe on her account. Then a second later, the video played. It was her cover of the song that she uploaded yesterday.

 

I just stood there blankly, listening to her voice. I don't know but, her voice somehow cures my broken heart. As the video ended, I quickly replayed it as I continued to listen to her cover of the song.

 

As her voice engulfed me, I remembered Tiffany. Our break-up that came too unexpected. I smiled bitterly as I can't do anything.

 

"Lucky those two bastards..." I mumbled bitterly, "They get to continue to date Yoona and Sooyoung..."

 

I sighed as I am now sitting at my couch, "Lee Seunggi... Jung Kyungho... I really envy you guys..." I mumbled as I recalled that I met them a few times as we shared some drinks.

 

I rested my back comfortably on the sofa, allowing me to see one of the many SNSD poster I have. I then suddenly remembered my dream. Dreaming about the past. Now that's a first for me. I pouted as I recalled the old memories where my dream left off.

 

I was really nervous at that time as I can't seem to believe that Tiffany is sitting beside me.

 

Tiffany smiled at me as our eyes met. My heart wanted to explode that time. I fell in love with her. I fell in love, hard.

 

A moment later, someone suddenly entered the door. It was Taeyeon, making me more nervous as I wondered what she's going to say.

 

"Taetae!~" Tiffany smiled brightly as she stood up from the couch. She then ran towards Taeyeon and gave her a hug.

 

My taeny feels are all over the place as I watched Tiffany and Taeyeon hugging each other. I sat still, frozen, waiting for Taeyeon to notice me.

 

"Hey, you are..." Taeyeon said as she finally noticed me.

 

"Ah, right..." Tiffany said as she broke the hug, "He's..." She then laughed as she clapped her hands, confusing both me and Taeyeon.

 

"Wait..." She said as she tried to contain her laughter, "I didn't even asked your name!" She continued to laugh on her silliness.

 

I then stood up quickly to apologize on not introducing myself. After my apology, I introduced myself, stating where I came from after saying my name. I also told them my Korean name, which my co-workers made up for me as they found my real name hard to pronounce.

 

I didn't know how I ended up alone with Taeyeon on the couch. Right, Tiffany just excused herself as she made a call after explaining the situation to Taeyeon.

 

"You like Tiffany, right?" Taeyeon suddenly blurted out, making me to blink and gulp in surprise.

 

"Y-y-yes?" I stuttered like a fool, "I... I mean... O-of course, I'm a f-fan..."

 

"Ugh..." Taeyeon pouted cutely, "Another addition to my rival list..." She mumbled as she frowned playfully at me.

 

I was confused on what I heard. Me as Taeyeon's rival? For what? For Tiffany, I guess. Once again, oh my taeny feels.

 

I giggled as I am now putting on my black undershirt after taking a bath, "Wow, recalling some old memories are quiet fun." I mumbled as I dry my hair with a towel. I continued to giggle as I remembered how Taeyeon playfully threaten me back then. Saying that Tiffany is just for her.

 

I took a glance at the wall clock, showing me that it's going to be nine minutes before three o'clock in the afternoon.

 

Nine minutes left before Seohyun will arrive, have to move faster. I quickly finished up preparing as I don't want to be late. Remembering how strict Seohyun is on the time, I might have to pay a fine.

 

I checked myself at the mirror. I swept my fringe, that gets into my eyes, to the side as I finalized myself. Black short coat with a black denim pants. My black casual shoes waiting on the shoe rack. I hate black, no?

 

I quickly ran to the door as I heard a knock at my door. After wearing my shoes, I open the door, revealing Seohyun who is wearing a white long coat.

 

"You know what? I never heard about you being late." I smiled as I wanted to a bit.

 

"You know me well." Seohyun answered as she smiled, "You won't get anything good at being late. Imagine how much time you can save for being at time. You cannot return time. Time is gold." She started to lecture as I locked the door of my apartment.

 

Her lectures about time and being late continued for a couple of minutes as we are now walking towards her car.

 

"I'll drive." I extended my hand, asking for the keys as we near her Mini Cooper.

 

"Of course you should." Seohyun replied at me and handed the keys.

 

"Seatbelt." She reminded as I am now starting the car.

 

"Yes, sir~" I put on my seatbelt just like what she commanded.

 

We still have a lot of time before the musical will start as we had a light meal so that we won't be hungry in the midst of the performance. The time for the musical to start arrived as I found Seohyun too engrossed on it. I giggled on her seriousness as I found her adorable sitting beside me, focused on the musical. I sighed on the middle of the show as I remembered the time when I watched Tiffany's musical.

 

She is not yet my girlfriend that time as me and Taeyeon watched her musical. We were too engrossed on it as Tiffany was acting on an emotional scene. Suddenly, what came next surprised the two pairs of eyes that belongs to me and Taeyeon.

 

'Noooooooo!!!' I screamed on my mind as my jaw dropped.

 

Taeyeon was also doing the same as me as both of our eyes widened.

 

We just saw Tiffany's kissing scene.

 

Dumbfounded, the two of us looked at each other as we can't believe on what we just saw.

 

Hah, I still remember how Taeyeon got mad at Tiffany that night. She was throwing tantrums everywhere. I also remember how hard I clenched my fists that time, envious of that guy. The guy that Tiffany ki--

 

Okay stop now, I don't want to remember that scene anymore.

 

"Yah, chingu..." Seohyun nuged me as I returned back to reality, "Are you okay?"

 

I just nodded as I suddenly felt  my blood rushing through my veins. I guess it was an effect when I recalled the past that I don't want to remember.

 

Time passed too fast as the musical entitled 'Wicked' already ended. Without having a say, I was dragged by Seohyun to the backstage to greet her sunbae that performed in the musical. Well, what else should I do there?

 

I did nothing except for being a photographer as I took a picture of Seohyun and her sunbae, which she then later uploaded on her twitter account. Aside from being a photographer, her sunbae mistaken me as a boyfriend of her, which the latter laughed off and denied.

 

My 'date' with Seohyun. Oops, cross that out. My 'friendly date' with Seohyun soon ended as I am now walking on a road after driving her back to her house.

 

South Korea is really a beautiful country. It somehow felt romantic as I walked my way back to the main road to catch a cab. The sky was beautifully lit by the stars, making the mood more romantic. I felt lonely all of a sudden as the cold night wind of January breezed through my skin. Ugh, I watch too much Korean drama.

 

I continue to walk as I suddenly received a call. Ugh, I suddenly miss Tiffany as I heard my ringtone. I should change my ringtone for me to stop missing her every time I receive a call. It hurts, you know. Knowing that we're not together.

 

I unlocked my phone, revealing a caller ID named Yuricorn.

 

I swipe the screen of my phone to answer the call, wondering why would Yuri call me.

 

"Hey, Yuri. What's up?" I greeted her on the phone.

 

"Hello?" I called out as I didn't received any response, "Yuri?"

 

What came next is what I didn't expected. I heard a familiar voice, a voice that I miss.

 

"It's me... Tiffany..."

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Appreciate all the subs, comments, and upvotes!

Thanks! Hope you liked it!

1/11/14