Part II. Her Letter

How to tell you

Dear Youngbae,

 

I am writing you this letter because I like you.

 

When you saw me fighting with my boyfriend backstage, I saw you watching me from the corner of my eyes.  The moment you stumbled into the room, I knew that I was going to be okay despite my tears.  I could see the worried look on your face right before Jiyoung pulled you out of the room.

 

The truth is, my boyfriend and I broke up that day.  Everything about my relationship with him felt wrong from the beginning.  I only gave him a chance because I thought you only wanted to be friends. 

 

I remember the first time we met.

 

It was during the filming of that game show with Seungri and Yoona back in 2007.  I have a confession to make though. I've always had my eyes on you even before I met you.  Before I debuted with the girls, we would watch your documentary together and talk about how cute you guys were.  Yet it was your hard work I saw that really drew me into you.

 

When you first introduced yourself to me, I could feel my heart stop beating for a moment.  You were so shy around me that I knew that I had to make the first move every time I saw you.  You'd always greet me with the biggest smile in the world.  That smile gave me strength when I needed it the most.  For that, I am very grateful.

 

Over the years, I never forgot about you.  I couldn't forget about you even if I tried.

 

Big Bang was everywhere especially right after your hit song "lies".  Unfortunately, JYP and YG constantly paired you up with Wonder Girls.  It was fun for the fans, but not for me.  All those special collaborations on stage and skits made me realize that you were getting close to them.  I would be lying if I told you that it didn't make me jealous.  Everytime I met with the Wonder Girls members, they would always talk about you guys.

 

Yoobin had a crush on you.  Did you know that?

 

Because she liked you, I couldn't ask you for your number even though I wanted to.  I had to protect the girl code.  She is one of my closest friends after all.  I couldn't go behind her back like that.  For the longest time, I could only watch you from afar.  It was hard at first, but I knew that the wait would be worth it someday.

 

Our schedule became busier as both of our groups became more popular.  I would run into you less backstage; sometimes even for months.  After Yoobin started dating one of the 2PM members, I knew that I needed to finally have the talk with her.  Surprisingly, she was really cool about it, saying that you and I would be good together.

 

I took her word for it, and I asked Seungri to set us up on a blind date.

 

As you know already, Seungri and I were classmates at Chung-ang University.  I was shy to ask him about the date at first, but he was more than happy to help out when I did.  He said that the timing of the date was perfect because you hadn't left the studio in months preparing for your mini-album.

 

Our date went perfect.

 

You laughed at every single one of my jokes which made me smile even bigger.  The effect you had on me that day was indescribable.  Your gentleman-like manners and charms had caused me to fall for you even more.  By the end of our date, I finally had your number.

 

I called you first because Tiffany accidently pressed your name while scrolling down my contacts list.  I was glad she did because I was able to comfortably talk to you on the phone after that.  You listened to every word I had to say even though our phone calls were late at night.  You were more than just a comforting ear to me.  I was able to pour out some of my deepest secrets to you.

 

Our phone calls continued on a daily basis until we both became busy with our promotions.  I felt guilty for bothering you during your promotion period so I stopped calling you.  I missed hearing your voice like crazy.

 

When our scandal first broke out, I wasn't mad at all.  Having a scandal together meant that our fans knew about our friendship.  I was more hurt about it after I watched the episode on television.  You told everyone that we were strictly friends.  My heart began hurting after I realized that I was friendzoned.

 

I locked myself up in my room that night and cried.

 

I wasn't sure how to move on from you.  Yoona set me up with one of her friends that she worked with in one of her dramas.  He was nice and sweet, but nothing compared to you.  You gave me butterflies, he didn't.  He asked me to be his girlfriend after our seventh date.  About a month into our relationship, he started picking fights with me.  He was jealous and controlling.

 

After we broke up, you released your song "1 am".  I cried again after hearing your voice on the radio.

 

Taeyeon caught me crying that night.  All of my members came over to my house to comfort me and I finally told them about my feelings for you.  Both Sooyoung and Tiffany wanted to march over to your house and throw rocks at your window.  I told them to leave you alone because it wasn't your fault.

 

You are the Prince Charming of my dreams. 

 

I'm not ashamed to say it out loud anymore.  My biggest regret is not telling you sooner.  I heard from Seungri that you were going through a rough time because of a girl.  He wouldn't tell me the girl's name, but I had a feeling that she was someone very special to you.  I envy that girl for capturing your heart.

 

If I could go back in time, I would of done things differently, but now I just hope it's not too late.

 

So here I am writing a letter to you because I like you.

 

I wanted to tell you that I still care deeply about you.  I'll never stop caring about you even if you date other girls.  My heart has always belonged to you.  I can't breathe without you.

 

I want to be the girl of your dreams.

 

I promise to take care of you.

 

I promise to be your princess.

 

I promise to make kimchi fried rice.

 

I promise to be there for you forever and always.

 

Love,

Kwon Yuri

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Breaking news:  Big Bang's Taeyang and SNSD's Kwon Yuri confirmed to be in a relationship!