Painting

Painting

“Baby?”

“Uh-huh?”

“Are you sure you know how to paint?” A skeptical Yixing asks a much focused Wufan, who is sitting on the floor with a paint brush on his hand and his sketchpad on the other. Several bottles of paint are on the floor beside him, all atop a brown rug.

“I’m pretty sure you need a bigger sketchpad to paint, dear.” Yixing thinks, but doesn’t voice it out to his boyfriend.

You see, to most people, the 25 year old Wufan may seem like the tough, overprotective boyfriend that always watches over Yixing who is a year younger than him, but it’s quite the other way around. No, Yixing is neither tough nor overprotective, but he looks after Wufan with so much love that it makes people jealous of Wufan. The latter is somewhat hotheaded, but is actually sensitive, which is why Yixing is the perfect match for him. Calm, sweet, caring, and blessed with a charming face and sinful dance moves, Zhang Yixing is every man and woman’s dream lover. But no amount of flattery or seduction could make the brunette look their way, because the 24 year old is deeply in love with the tall blond with a face that could make models run in shame.

They started living together 3 years ago, when Yixing had freshly graduated from university and Wufan just became CEO of the Wu Enterprises. Their families were actually good friends, and so their relationship, which started when Yixing was 17 and Wufan 18, was easily accepted, and so was their decision to live together. China wasn’t all that strict about homouals, anyway.

So here they were, lazing around on a Sunday morning, just having finished breakfast in their patio which faced the sea, which leads us to our previous matter.

“Now, Xing, I know that you don’t think that I can paint, but trust me, okay, baby?” Wufan said in a sickly sweet tone that would have made any other person gag, but Yixing just found it endearing.

“Okay, dear. Now what do you need me to do?” Yixing said as he sighed. He could never resist Wufan.

Wufan’s face lit up and he set his things on the floor, and then hugged his boyfriend who was sitting on one of the yellow accentuated chairs in their living room.

“Thanks, Xing! Don’t worry; I’ll make you look really handsome and pretty at the same time.” Wufan said as he kissed his boyfriend before resuming his former position. “Now I just need you to sit comfortably on the chair, since I might take a lot of time painting you. You can go to sleep, if you like.” The blond said in a rush, very excited to paint his boyfriend.

“Okay, baby. I’ll sleep for a while; I haven’t been getting much rest because somebody is just so active at night.” Yixing said as he winked at Wufan, then tried to find a comfortable position on the chair.

The latter blushed, looking very flustered. “Well, it’s not my fault that someone just has to look very irresistible in bed.” Wufan tried to reason. And failed.

“Yeah, yeah, you keep saying that. Now go on with your painting; I finally found a nice position.” Yixing said as his eyelids began to flutter close.

“Okay. And Xing?”

“Hm?”

“I love you.”

Yixing chuckled a bit, then said “I love you too, Fan,” before falling asleep.

Yixing groggily woke up, some of his limbs aching after sleeping on a hard chair. Glancing around, he wondered why he was sleeping in such a place. He then noticed his boyfriend on the floor, slumped over what seemed to be a sketchpad, then saw that he was still holding the paintbrush. Yixing then remembered that his boyfriend asked him to model for a painting.

“Fan-ah? Baby? Are you done with the painting?” Yixing called out in a calm voice, standing up and stretching in the process.

When he received a snore in response, Yixing giggled. “Of course, he fell asleep. Silly Wufan.” He thought. The brunette walked over to his boyfriend. “He wouldn’t get mad if I peek at it, right? It’s not like I’ll tell him.” He told himself as he slowly took the sketchpad out of his boyfriend’s hand. Of course, the giant didn’t stir; he was one of the heaviest sleepers Yixing has ever met.

Slowly, Yixing looked at the painting. And stared. Then smiled what may possibly be the brightest smile he has ever done in his life. Of course, Wufan was a horrendous artist; Yixing knew that ever since he first saw Wufan’s drawings. But this painting was so endearing that Yixing thought that this was the most wonderful painting he has ever seen. He wouldn’t be able to describe the painting accurately, but here are some descriptions:

There was a crudely drawn man sprawled out on what seemed to be a yellow blob of paint (Yixing assumed that that was him). But what made him smile were the various declarations of love scattered around the painting. “My love” “Sweet baby” “Thank you” “Forever” “Sunshine” “Eternity” were some of the words that could hardly be read because of Wufan’s ungodly penmanship, but each message made Yixing’s heart swell so much he could almost feel it burst.

And the final blow was Wufan’s signature at the bottom of the painting. Right below the ‘Wu Yifan’, there was one final message that actually made Yixing shed a tear.

“I love Zhang Yixing. I say it a lot, but I really mean it. And though I may not have the courage to say it outright to him, I want to be able to write it here. Zhang Yixing, will you marry me?”

And as the tears kept coming, Yixing picked up a paintbrush with shaky hands, dipped it in blue paint (Wufan’s favorite color), and, with his ever so dainty handwriting, wrote “I love you too, Wu Yifan. So much. So much. And yes, I will marry you. I love you.”

-------------------------------------------

okay now i'm done hahaha i hope you like it and i'm sorry if this seems a bit rushed; this will be edited and checked for errors when i'm not busy

thanks for reading this and please do comment ^.^

have a nice day, sweethearts!

-Eio