*because it can't be empty*

Don't Sleep

Don’t sleep… wake up… hyung… wake up…

Day and nights, Sungjong asks.

It’s his daily routine, wakes up, wash his face, brush his teeth get ready and goes to work. But before going to work, he takes a turn to Seoul’s hospital, room 13, 7th floor. He is still there, the beautiful boy, the god must be proud when he made him, so perfect. He lays there, quietly, no sign of moving, at all, like a silent angel.

Sungjong took out the towel and went into the toilet, wetted it, came out to wash the boy’s face, clean him up a bit, massaging his hands his limbs anything he can do, but the boy will not bug, just obediently still there.

He sits down, holding the left hand of the boy, murmuring like he does everyday.

“Hyung… wake up… you’ve sleep too much you know? I’ve no time for your surprises or anything… It’s been three years you’ve been like this… I know you love to sleep… but isn’t three years enough? How can you sleep so much you pig… Why… You should’ve just given up on our relationship in the first place… why fight with you dad? If we broke up, at least you’ll… you’ll have a better life… well maybe… but anything is better than you laying here right? But now you made me wait for you, three years… hyung… I miss you… Your mum and dad… they already approved us… but what is the means if it means you’ll be laying here only… please hyung wake up… game time’s up… you won… we all lost… why won’t you come and claim your prize… hmm? Myungsoo ah… Please… I miss you…” he cried softly burying his head into the bed.

Whole three years he’s been doing this everyday. Except the day when he was asked by Myungsoo’s parents, his father looks very regretting. Because he was against them two, he would not accept the fact that his elder son is dating another man, the two got into a fight, not father and son, but a man and a man, he lost control of his grip and by accident, he was not sure how, but he somehow cause his son to be pushed, hard, and hit his head on the antique clock in the house. The whole house, everyone in it was shocked, Sungjong cannot forget how blood flew out from his lovers head, staining the floor red. They rushed him to the hospital, his live was saved but he never woke up ever since. After one year or something, when they asked Sungjong to meet them, it was Myungsoo’s mother that did most of the speaking, she said that they’re not against them anymore, she apologized, but Sungjong said what is there to apologize? If anyone was at fault, it should be him. If he never appeared in Myungsoo’s life, if he never developed feelings towards him, if he never heard the other confess the mutual feeling when he was drunk, if he never accepted him, if he never agreed to date him, if he never, none of this would have happened. He said, it was no one’s fault, it was destiny maybe, maybe it is a test given to him, maybe…

“Myungsoo hyung… I’ll be going to work… I’ll see you tonight kay?” He said, leaving a small peck on the boy’s forehead, took his bag and went to work.

He works in a clothes department store, as the sales assistant manager, busy, but the pay is good enough. Works like everyday, and closes the store on time like everyday, took a cab to the hospital again like everyday.

He walks in the room again, he puts down his bag, takes off his coat and hang it up, went to the bed pecks on Myungsoo’s forehead again while brushing the short hair that was cut a few days ago softly with his slender fingers, again like everyday then…

Another hand grabbed his, pulling him a little with a weak force, the boy’s eyes shot open, he heard the voice he dreaded to hear again since three years ago, a bit husky though, saying “You’re back.”