My 1st Ranked-Girl

Donghyuk Oneshot

Your POV

 

 

 

We were rival. Well, maybe it was only me who thought about us that way.

 

We knew each other since we were little kids. Even worse, we lived next to each other. Our family knew each other really well. My family loved to spend holiday with his family. But no matter how many times we spent together with our family, I never got myself to acknowledge him as a friend.

 

He was my rival. He took the 1st rank in the school from me. I was always on that position. But ever since he came into the same school as me, he took it all easily. As if that was not enough, he was also a student body president. And me? Take a guess, I was the vice president.

 

Ever since he came into my life, I had to accept the fact that I became the 2nd. I was not the first, no more. I was always behind him. I always lost one point from him. No matter how hard I tried, I never beat him.

 

I hate to admit that he did things better than me. Because I used to know that I'm the best. But he broke my pride like it was nothing at all.

 

Well yeah of course he never said something like, "hey girl, I'm better than you"
He's too nice to say something like that. Even when the exams' result came out and he got the first rank, he was never like, "I knew it!"
He was always staring at the announcement board with smile of humble satisfaction on his face. That smile which makes his eyes disappear. He never belittled me, he was always nice. And that what made me hate him even more. He was too nice, even to someone like me who clearly showed him that I treated him as my rival.

 

It's always been like that. Since 4th grade of elementary school until middle school. 6 years. I spent my life being the second. I never get used to it. When his mom said that he had cram school for 4 hours after school, I took the 6 hours program. I was crazy like that. Before, I studied hard because I enjoyed being the top students. But since he came, I studied even harder to beat him. My goal was to beat him. My goal was to make him to acknowledge me.

 

Graduate from middle school, I took the test to get into the best school in town. I was really confident that he would choose this school as well. But the news I heard about him shocked me more than anything else.

 

He decided not to go to high school.

 

What? Him? The best student in school? The student body president? Not going to high school?

 

 

 

 

 

 

What kind of lightning that has stricken that brain of Kim Donghyuk?

 

 

Did you know what he decided? I couldn't believe it at first but yeah, he became a trainee. I never could guess someone like him would become a trainee, working in entertainment industry, singing and dancing, I never could understand it. But he's free to choose what he wants to do.

 

High school without him was empty. I didn't feel the same excitement about tests, mock exams or anything else. I got the first rank but I didn't feel anything. I didn't have him there to see it. It meant nothing.

 

I had no idea how he was doing in his life as a trainee, it's been three years since the last time I met him.


During winter break, I decided to go back home to spend some times with my family. I lived in school dorm before so I only got to see my family during break like this. And that was exactly I heard news about him after three years.

 

"Donghyuk is coming home" mom said.

 

I almost spit my water when I heard that.

 

"sshincha?! That number one boy is coming home?!" I couldn't hide my excitement

 

I heard my dad laughed, "Haha, yes, your number one boy is coming home tomorrow"

 

I puffed my cheeks. He's not my number one boy.

 

But well, it's useless to explain it to mom and dad. They acknowledge him as someone who I think the most, that's how they came out with Kim Donghyuk is my number one.

 

I will not deny the statement that I did think about him a lot. Heck yeah, I thought about how to beat him thousand times. About how to be the first-rank-girl so he could acknowledge me. I remember during middle school I even thought about giving him peanut butter sandwich (he's allergic to peanut) so he couldn't go to school for exams but hey I'm not that worst. Of course I didn't do it. He would know right away, anyway. He's not that stupid.

 

So yeah, hearing him coming home.... I am excited

 

 

---

 

 

The next day

 

"auntyyy~ where is he? Mom said he's here already~" I rhymed as I entered Kim's family's house.

 

His mom laughed.

 

"He's in the family room, sweety~ Go talk to him, he must be missing you these past three years" his mom said.

 

He missed me? Yeah, he better be. I don't know whether I missed him or not, but school without him definitely... Empty. Like... Missing something...

 

Hold on, missing? So I MISS KIM DONGHYUK?!

 

I swept away that thought as I enter the family room. He's there, watching TV, he dyed his hair blonde.

 

I smile then jump immediately on the empty space beside him on the sofa

 

"hi mister number-one-turned-trainee" I cheekily smiled at him.

 

He smiled, "hey"

 

My eyes squinted at him, "what? Don't you miss me? It's been three years!" I bluntly said. I'm always been a straightforward girl.

 

He laughed. That laugh... This is my first time seeing it in 3 years

 

"Well, do you?" he looked at me now

 

I raised my eyebrows, "school is different without you"

 

"mom said you are always on the 1st rank since you got into high school" he said.

 

"yeah, but it's different. You are not there so it's useless being the first" I pouted my lips

 

"So you do miss me" He smirked

 

My eyes widen, "Yah! Don't conclude everything on your own"

 

He laughed then turned his attention to tv again.

 

I scoffed, "why are you ignoring me?" I asked him.

 

"It's been three years and you don't even ask me 'How are you?'. Well I know I haven't asked you either but how am I supposed to ask you when you don't even paying attention to me. I also want to know how are you doing as a trainee. I want to tell you that I missed treating you as my rival"

 

Now he looked at me.

 

"Yeah Kim Donghyuk, I just said that I missed you. I missed the Kim Donghyuk who always be on top of everything. I missed Kim Donghyuk who always be the best one. I miss Kim Donghyuk who was the only one who can beat me. I miss Kim Donghyuk who I never forget to think about every night..."

 

I blushed to my own words. I couldn't believe that I just blurted everything out.

 

Probably the second I told my self to get him to acknowledge me, that meant that I want him to look at me. I always had this thought that if I could beat him, then he would look at me. Because afterall, it's always him being the first. If his position taken from him, the he might see me, just like how he started to steal my attention when my 1st rank position taken by him

 

"What? You are still not gonna say anything?" I said while I can feel my face burns. I must be as red as tomato now.

 

His face lighted up into a warm smile and he pulled me in his arms.

 

"I miss you so much" he spoke really close to my ear. His soft voice drove me insane.

 

My heart beats really fast. No, it's not only me. I can feel his heart beats rapidly too.

 

I raised my hand slowly to hug him back. I burried my face in his shoulder.

 

This probably the first time I told him how I really feel.

 

I'm glad he's here.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Donghyuk's POV

 

 

Throwback to the middle school time

 

Oh, look at her. She frowns again, she looks so cute. Every time the result of exams come out and I'm on first, she will frown. Then she will fold her hands on her chest. After that, she will look at me in annoyance then stomps back to classroom. It's always like that. How long has it been? 6 years? I remember her gestures everytime things like this comes around.

 

How can I not? She stole my attention since the first time I moved into a house beside hers. She's the cutest girl I've ever seen in myself.

 

The more I grew up to know her, I know she doesn't like to be defeated. She's straightforward, one time, she told me directly that I am her rival and it's weird for her if I treat her nice.

 

Ahaha, she's so adorable.

 

She doesn't want me to be nice to her? Okay I won't. We don't really talk anymore. All that I know is she tries her best to get her 1st position back. But no, I won't let that happen. I'll keep maintaining my first position so all that she can think about is how to beat me. All that she can think about is me.

 

 

Flashback ended

 

She jumped beside me. She is so pretty, I don't know what I supposed to say to her. This is so awkward. How could she said things like nothing at all. But when she said...

 

"I miss Kim Donghyuk who I never forget to think about every night..."

 

I couldn't believe my ears when she said that. I can't help but smile. I pull her into hug.

 

"I miss you so much" I whisper to her ear.

 

I can feel our hearts beats rapidly, bring out the feeling.

 

I released her and look her in the eyes, "It didn't  matter to me being the top student or beat you in any exams. I don't need it. I just want you to look at me."

 

She stared at me in disbelief

 

"and you do" I continued.

 

"Since the first time I saw you, you are already the first in my heart. I don't need any other firsts." I said

 

She smiled then said, "yeah, you better"

 

There was a taint of nervous in her voice

 

I smiled at her, "I love you"

 

Her eyes widen to my words. But the next second, she hugs me tightly.

 

I'm glad I'm coming back home.

 

 

 

 

---

Author's note : hello everyone, how are you guys doing? I got my laptop fixed earlier today, big thank you hug for my dad for helping me to take care of this laptop, teehee~ and here is actually an oneshot story about Donghyuk, our lovely cutie maknae of B team who just had his 17th birthday on January 3rd. Happy birthday Donghyuk!!

I hope you guys liked this one~

And I will update my another fanfic 'Loving You Without Limit' please do check that one ^^

once again, HAPPY DONGHYUK DAY!