Final

Sleep Talking {Face it Sequel}

Tossing and turning, squirming and kicking. Minhyun was just like a little baby as he tried to sleep. His roommate, Baekho was fast asleep since he was a deep sleeper and luckily he didn’t hear the younger making noise.

He tried different positions, sleeping on his sides, his back and even on his stomach but Minhyun could not find a comfortable position. He couldn’t identify the problem as he folded and unfolded his blanket.

What’s wrong with me…?

For the past eight months, Minhyun had trouble sleeping. Pills wouldn’t help and being admitted into the hospital didn’t make it any better as doctors kept telling him that he was fine.

Entering the washroom, he opened the little cabinet which contained twelve bottles of prescribed medicine. The boy knew that eating them wouldn’t help but a part of him had hope, even though it would be a 1 out of 8 chance that it would make him fall asleep.

 

“Minhyun…?” a voice called out. Turning around, the boy found his leader, JR staring at him with his messy hair. He grabbed the bottle out of the other’s hand and set it back in the cabinet.

“They’re not going to help.”

“I know, but what choice to I have? I haven’t slept in over a week.” Replied Minhyun who was about to grab the bottle until different hand came to slap his own.

“Hyung’s right. Remember you took all twelve at the same time and ended up overdosing yourself? We can’t let that happen again.” The blonde boy, Ren spoke.

The sun was slowly rising and light started to shine into the room.

“Do you want me to try cooking you some porridge? It might help again.” JR asked. Giving a silent nod, JR left the room to prepare the food.

 

 

 

6:24pm was when Minhyun finally fell asleep and the boys were really happy. Although he would only sleep for an hour or two, they were really glad.

Minhyun found himself in front of a colourful apartment. The whole neighbourhood seemed to be dead as he walked around, trying to find his way out. A pair of arms s around his waist, making him freeze on the spot.

“I missed you,” the voice whispered into his ear. Turning around, he was face to face with another building.

Weird… I really did think that he was there. A piercing scream filled the air only seconds later. The boy ran to find who it was, just slightly hoping that he would find Aron. Then he realised that the older was running alongside with him. Coming to a full stop, Aron disappeared.

I`m really going crazy, aren`t I?

 

“Ouch!” the young blonde cried as he was punched in the face by a sleeping Minhyun.

“Stay away from him, Ren.” Ordered JR as he carefully took a frying pan from the kitchen, eyes glued on the sleeping figure.

“What do we do?” Baekho asked. The group knew it would happen sooner or later and from past experiences, waking up Minhyun would not be easy.

“Get me a bucket full of water.”

 

 

Surrounded with buildings, Minhyun really thought that he was trapped.

“Aron, where are you?” he called out but his own voice echoed in reply. Appearing once again, Aron slowly approached the latter.

“Why do you keep coming here?” he firmly asked.

“Why do you keep appearing in my dreams?” retorted Minhyun, “Why did you just randomly forget about us and then disappear all of the sudden?”

“It was for the best,” he whispered. Grabbing his collar, the taller male growled.

“How was it for the best? Was leaving me heartbroken for the best?” Aron looked away.

“You were supposed to forget about me.”

Minhyun dropped his arm, letting the older go. “Is that what you really wanted?”

Aron slowly started to walk away, but the latter quickly grabbed onto his wrist.

“Is it?” he asked once more.

“I felt guilty,” the shorter replied, “I felt that it was my fault for making all of you worried. It should have been the other way around. I should have been taking care of you guys…”

The younger boy’s grip started to loosen as he made eye contact with the other.

“Is that why you left? Pretended to not know us because of guilt?”

“it’s stupid isn’t it?”

Pulling the older into a bone-crushing hug, Minhyun noticed that he was crying.

“Are you going to come back…?”

But he realised that Aron was no longer there.

 

 

“MINHYUN!” several voices brought him back to reality as his eyes snapped opened.

“Gosh, you’re finally awake.” Baekho gasped in relief.

“How long was I out?” he asked. Taking a quick glance at the clock, JR held up three fingers.

“You kicked my leg…” pouted Ren as he playfully hit Minhyun on the arms.

 

“I saw him again,”

“In your dreams?” they all chanted.

 

The door suddenly opened and there stood Aron.

“Missed me?”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Thanks for reading! ^0^ I'm sorry that there isn't much "rising action"... T-T