Another Morning

Another Morning

A silent yawn broke the stillness of a cloudy morning. Jongin shifted slowly on the queen-sized bed, his left hand stretching upwards with a low groan. Jongin stayed still for a while, mind as hazy as the sky outside his favorite window in the room, the wide one on his left. Jongin’s eyes were still closed and not a minute had passed when a content smile came across his face as he came to realize the weight holding down his right side of body.

Jongin forgot to close the curtain again last night as the weak extra lightning dancing on the tips of Kyungsoo’s eyelashes told him. His eyelids were almost pale violet under the early morning light, Jongin noted. His cheeks and lips were slightly swollen from sleep, his hair messy but soft under Jongin’s wandering fingers. Kyungsoo’s steady breaths ghosted upon Jongin’s neck and Jongin shifted his body closer, nuzzling his nose into Kyungsoo’s hair. Jongin let his left hand trail from Kyungsoo’s hair to his spine under the blanket, the soft expanse of skin never unwelcomed by his fingertips. They went down and stopped at the curve of his waist, his palm flattening against the warmth, and went up again until they reach the nape of Kyungsoo’s neck, playing with the short hair there.

Jongin felt Kyungsoo move, a slight jolt of his pale shoulder blades and the rustling of bed sheet under his feet inside the blanket, and Jongin knew Kyungsoo was awake. Jongin hand traced Kyungsoo’s spine downwards once again, stopped at his hips and mumbled a “Morning, hyung.” to Kyungsoo’s hair. Jongin pulled out and kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead before looking at his still closed eyelids.

“Good morning, Jongin-ah.” A raspy and familiar voice replied, followed by a heart-shaped smile. Jongin smiled once again as he felt Kyungsoo wriggled his body closer to his, Kyungsoo’s arms circled around his waist and his face against Jongin’s collarbone. Jongin pulled Kyungsoo tight against him, inhaling the nice scent of Kyungsoo’s shampoo and smiled even wider.

Jongin thought that the morning was beautiful.