When I fall

When I fall

forgive the POV and slight changes. i have no time to edit.

 


 

These days, all we do is fight. Every morning, evening, whenever we can. The atmosphere is tense and thick. It feels so dense that I cannot breathe. Are we falling apart? Falling out of love?

 

What’s happening to us? To our relationship? We promised to take care of each other, yet here we are hurting each other. Maybe it’s the stress. Stress from our families, work, friends. It gets into the two of us then bam! Another round of fighting and shouting. Maybe we’re both too busy, too caught up with work. We haven’t been spending time with each other. A simple date seems so impossible these past few months.

 

I walk around the empty house. You were mad; I was too. You left to cool off. I stayed here, drinking hot choco. I passed by the hallway, into our room.

 

A picture caught my attention. It was taken during our first day as a couple. Those beautiful eyes, cute smile lines, soft ebony hair; she’s gorgeous.

 

*flashback*

 

Yuri sunbae is intimidated by you, a friend once told me.  I do not understand why you are so intimidated. In fact, I should be the one intimidated. With your sharp eyes and snobbish look, who wouldn’t be intimidated?

 

Rooftop. 7:30pm. Come alone.

 

That’s what the note taped on my door said. No doubt it was her handwriting. I have been following her for more than a year now. I know her handwriting, schedule, and floor of residence. We live in the same building, on the same floor. Funny isn’t it? I just don’t know which unit number.

 

There was one time we got into the elevator together, got off the same floor but she turned left while I turned right.

 

I left my friends in my unit and went up to the rooftop. To say that I was nervous is an understatement. What could sunbae want?

 

Will she pick a fight with me? I don’t think I could ever hurt her.

 

What if she found out that I like her and is disgusted by it? But I’m sure she wouldn’t even dare to approach me if she’s disgusted with me.

 

What if this is a prank? She likes to prank her friends. Just her friends; and I’m not friends with her. We don’t even speak with each other unless necessary.

 

What if she—

 

DING!

 

Oh dear. Here it goes.

 

I step out of the elevator only to see no one, only candles. Lighted candles together with rose petals litter the floor.

 

Suddenly, a familiar tune plays then a soft and lovely voice can be heard. I turned to my left to find sunbae standing so shyly, hands at her back.

 

Cute.

 

She continued singing as she slowly walk towards me.

 

I hope you will say at least one word to me
I’ll wait for a perfect situation
A risky, breathtaking feeling comes to me
If you fall into my trap, you won’t escape

 

I can’t help but let out a smile. She looks so nervous and absolutely cute and charming.

 

You’re so pretty, you’re a knockout, don’t go
I get a feeling that you’re mine, I get a feeling
Come here, what do I do?
You’re so pretty, darling

 

I keep getting bewitched when I see you,
I only see you in my dreams
You’re a knockout, you’re so pretty
You’re not looking at other guys but only me

 

I blush at her words. Does she know of my feelings for her?

 

She stopped in front of me and smiled, as if urging me to continue the song.

 

Even if you have a strong attitude, it can be broken down
In my outrageous thoughts

 

Instead of just a word, I want some actions
At the end of the perfect timing
You will already break down, baby
Cute girl, I keep smiling
If I fall into your trap, I can’t do anything

 

I blush as I sang the lyrics of the song. She must have planned about this!

 

Suddenly the music stopped and a soft song started playing. She took my right hand and started singing again.

 

There’s no need for words,
Deep inside of my eyes it’s clear and full
Of my feelings towards you
Would you give me your heart, that was whisperingly hid
Hold my hands
I will never let you go
I will wait for you, and only you

 

When I fall
It was love at first sight (Love at first sight)
Cuz when I fall
I already fell in love (Fallen in love)
It feels as if the time has stopped
It’s as if I’m on top of the world
I’m falling in love with u (oh~oh~oh~ oh~oh~oh~)

 

My friends suddenly appeared, singing at the background. Those people, they’re a part of this!! How come I never noticed them acting strangely?! Or maybe it was those weird smiles they gave me last week?

 

At your smiles, I dream
I don’t ever want to wake up from the sweet happiness
I’m happy with the sweetness,
So I don’t want to wake up.
Can you feel it?
Please accept my heart.

 

Yuri sunbae took my other hand and revealed a red rose from her back.

 

I wanna call u ma boo~ ma boo~
Could you give me your heart? (Could you give me your heart)
I’ll always treasure it (Oh~)
I will wait for you, and only you

 

I gingerly accepted the rose and felt myself blushing even more.

 

“Please be mine..”

 

This is probably the cutest sight I have ever seen. My sunbae standing before me, blushing and acting all fidgety while she uttered those three words.

 

I wanted to more but I think she waited enough so I just gently pulled her into a hug and whispered those four simple words.

 

“I would love to..”

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

I feel hot tears flowing down my cheeks as I set the picture down.

 

What is happening to us, my love?

 

I didn’t bother to wipe my tears and continued to look around. I was about to leave the room when a small notebook and your ipod caught my attention.

 

I picked up the notebook, remembering what it is for. This notebook, the particular notebook where you write your favorite song lyrics. I still remember the time I caught you writing on this notebook.

 

*flashback*

 

“Yuri-yah~” I called but you ignored me. You’re too occupied scribbling something while listening to your ipod.

 

I got curious and decided to peek on what you’re doing

 

“What’s this babe?” I took the notebook and ran away. You chased me shouting my name.

 

“Yoona-yah~” You whined as I read the content of the page.

 

Just smile like before
I'll give you happiness, just like you
From now on, I can feel your heart
I only love you,
Is that someone is you

 

I stopped as I finished reading the words. “Is this for me?”

 

You only nodded meekly.

 

I walked up to you and hugged you tight. “You’re so sweet. I love you.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

I flipped the notebook open. There tear stains and snippets.

 

The reason flowers bloom

Is because they survive the changing seasons

Bathe sunlight and rain

And become strong

Always, and forever

I want to be smiling

So wrap me

In your calming kindness

 

I want you to give me

Butterflies, always

Don't forget that

That I was born

To meet you

To be able to say it honestly, no matter what

 

If you are

The person destined for me

We'll end up together

Easily, casually

And I want to walk

With you

Slowly, slowly

Until the day I'm able to know what love is

 

Hey, honey, wait, wait

Don't leave me please

Don't hurry, look back I'm

Stay still here

 

Then, I realized I do not want to be apart from you. I don’t want these fights we have. I don’t want to be separated from you. I can’t live without you.

 

I closed the notebook, set it down on the table and ran towards the front door. I need you in my life. I opened the door to see you there, standing, tears flowing down your eyes. You were surprised. I was too.

 

“I’m sorry.” We both uttered at the same time.

 

You stopped crying and let out a small yet lovely smile. You wiped my tears away and I smiled back.

 

I missed having you in my arms so I pulled you into a tight hug.

 

I missed your soft lips so I kissed you. I kissed you to tell that I love you. I kissed you to tell you I would never leave.

 

I love you.

 

You responded.

 

I love you too.

 

 

 

END