Chapter 1

Six Princes

You woke up in the early hours of the morning, and was immediately reminded of the situation you could not get out of. It struck you again - your family was dead. They abandoned you when they died in a car crash leaving you to live with your mother's friend in another country. You were alone and lost, stranded in a place you felt so lonely. You didn't have family, friends and was constantly bullied at school. It felt like no one cared or bothered enough to listen to your troubles even if you did want to let it all out. Silent tears escaped, with you consuming all the anger and frustration and sadness.

There was a knock on the door followed by faint footsteps. You turned away from the person who walked in. "Hana, darling. Come and eat breakfast, come down in ten minutes okay? I'll drive you all to school."

You merely gave a tiny nod and abruptly rubbed away the tears stained on your face. 

"Hana..." the voice probed on, bending down and trying to get a decent answer from you.

"Yes, I heard you. Thank you." You gave a harsh reply. Sighing in defeat, the person stood up and walked out of your bedroom.

- - -

"Yah, Choi Hana. Do you not hear me or are you just pretending that I'm not here?" Lee Minji retorted. She was the queenka at your school, together with her group of friends they approached you during lessons and randomly started to insult you. She crossed her arms across her chest. "Did your terrible parents not teach you manners before they die?"

You slammed down the pen you were writing with. It was one thing to constantly insult and bully you, but insulting your dead parents was totally crossing the line. "My parents taught me my manners just fine, Minji-ssi. Now shut up and give me some respect instead."

"Tsk, you are so rude!" Minji exclaimed, and suddenly reached out to pull on your ponytail. "I'll teach you this, when you mess with me," she continued, while continuing to tug on your hair. You could not do anything except to whimper in pain and try helplessly to escape from her clutches while she openly embarrassed you. No one dared to interfere or to help.

"Lee Minji. Stop it now." 

"Aish, chincha. Who is it now-" Minji whipped around, only to find herself face to face with one of the most popular boys in school, Oh Sehun. The grip on your hair loosened immediately. "Ah, it's just oppa," Minji chirped flirtatiously, and let go of the rest of your hair. You glared at her as you retied your now messy hair, and looked at the boy who just helped you. He was staring at you and in return, you stared back at his cold brown eyes, but could not figure out why he helped you. 

You were lost in your own thoughts. Why would a popular boy come and help a mere nobody in school? until you felt a strong grip on your wrist pulling you forward. Feeling scared and thinking it was Minji striking again, you tried freeing yourself from the grip until you looked up and realised - it was the one and only Sehun, pulling you along together with him.