FINAL

I'm home.

Christmas Eve 6:35A.M

"Mom? How long will the flight be?" Samuel looked up at his mother with a smile plastered on his small face. He was excited to meet his hyungs after so many months of separation.

"About 13 hours, honey." Samuel's mother smiled at her son. She was happy to see her son so excited. These past few months after leaving Korea, he was upset and did not have any energy to complete his work. She was worried to her guts. And so she decided to fulfill his Christmas wish. To celebrate the best time of the year with his dearest brothers at Korea.

"I can't wait to meet hyungs for Christmas! We'll decorate the Christmas tree and all of them will have to give me their presents!" Samuel giggled. "Aish kids will be kids. Presents are important for them." Samuel's mother chuckled. 

They were waiting for the boarding gates to open until.....

"ATTENTION PASSENGERS OF FLIGHT K773 TO SEOUL, KOREA. THE FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. PLEASE REPORT TO COUNTER 3 FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVINEINCE." 

"Shoot." Samuel's mother frowned. "Mom what did the man said in the speakers? I heard Korea!"Samuel asked worriedly.

"I don't know Sammy. Let's go somewhere alright?" She stood up and pulled a lost Samuel along.

-At Counter 3-

Complains are heard everywhere.

"I have a connecting flight to Singapore!"

"I do not have time for this!"

The staff was having a hard time trying to explain the situation. 

"I am very sorry... Yes yes we will arrange this immediately. Madam I could not do anything about this." The staff failed in an attempt to calm down the angry passengers.

"I am sorry to say that the plane will not be able to fly until a notice has been given. Please wait patiently with us. Until then free restaurant vouchers will be given out as an apology." 

"Oh no." Samuel's mother whispered and looked at her son who is in a very confused state.

"Mom... What is happening? Why are adults screaming at the lady?" She crouched down at Samuel's height and took a deep breath.

"Sammy I don't think we will able to make it on time to spend Christmas with your friends." Samuel frowned and whimpered. He looked down at the floor. Tears were spilling.

"But... but mom... Mommy I want to spend Christmas... with...with my hyungs." Samuel looked at his mother with trembling lips.

It kills her inside to see her son so sad and crying. It is not something every mothers would love to see. 

"I'm sorry Sammy. I'll try, okay?" She hugged her crying son as they made way to the nearest seat.

"Mr. Santa please grant me this wish... Please let me see my hyungs on Christmas? I have been a good... good boy all year. I don't want anything else for Christmas. I want... I really really want to see them." Samuel silently prayed. 


Korea. Christmas Eve 7:00A.M

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid we won't be able to make it back in time for Christmas :-(" Doyoon read the text message Samuel's mother sent to them and frowned.

"WHAT" The boys shouted, all of them with a look of disbelief.

"But..... I bought him his favorite chocolate." Jisoo pouted.

"Oh boy I thought we could really spend Christmas all together as one this year." Soonyoung sighed.

"Guys. Cheer up. I bet Samuel doesn't want us to be unhappy right now. At least he's still coming back to see u, right? At least we'll still be able to spend New Years?" Doyoon tried cheering everybody up.

"He's going back on the 30th." Mingyu cut in.

"Well, AT LEAST HE'S COMING BACK RIGHT?" Seungcheol said.

"I'm texting Samuel's mother back okay?" The boys nodded and went their separate ways to get ready for training.

"Hi Samuel's Omma. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Samuel is okay, at least you guys will be paying a visit! Can't wait to see you guys!" Doyoon typed on his phone and clicked send.

"I guess there's a problem with the plane right? One time I got stuck in the airport for a day and a half because apparently the plane is experiencing major technical problems." Jisoo said.

"I just really hope Sammy is fine with this." Doyoon was worried. Being the mother of the group, he knows how emotional Samuel can get at times.

"He's a strong boy. Besides, there's nothing much to worry about. His mother is with him." Jisoo smiled.

*MEANWHILE* 11:50A.M, LAX Airport

"MOTHER WHEN WILL THE PLANE FUNCTION? I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE PILOT." Right now Samuel was pacing the boarding gate and shouting. Other passengers were glancing at the young child.

"I don't know Sammy. Now come back here and sit. Are you hungry? Do you want Twix?" She reached into her bag for a packet of Twix she brought along in case her son has some emotional issues, which applies for now.

"THAT REMINDS ME OF JISOO HYUNG WAAAAAAAAAH." And Samuel started crying for the 12th time of the day.

"Oh Sammy. Shush. Come here. Let's go ask the staff if the plane is okay now alright? Shush." She wiped her sons tears away and hugged him tight.

 

"I'm sorry madam but I'm afraid this will have to take a while." The lady at the counter told her apologetically.

"Do you have any idea when will all this be solved?" She asked.

"Usually this will take up to 12 hours or so. Worse, it could be a day or two. We need to check the plane thoroughly in case of any faults. I am very sorry for your inconvinience." The lady said.

"Oh my. Thank you so much." She bent down and carressed her son's cheek. "Sammy we have to be here for a while. Be a good child for mommy and be patient, can you do that?" Samuel pouted and looked down. "I'll try mommy."

"Mommy will the plane work again if I pray hard to Santa?" He stared at his mother.

"Maybe, maybe if you pray really really hard to Father Christmas. Maybe he will grant you your wish because you have been mommy's good boy." She kissed Samuel's cheek.


"GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA." Seunggwan shouted. The boys lifted their heads to look at their friend.

The boys just ended their first session of training and were drenched in sweat. It was harder for them today as the thought of not being able to spend Christmas with their dongsaeng was killing their motivation.

"What is it oh mister brilliancy. What is it this time?" Doyoon asked.

"WE SHOULD REALLY CHEER SAMUEL UP WHEN HE COMES, RIGHT? WE SHOULD WE SHOULD!" Seunggwan jumped up and down.

"Hey how is he still full of energy after that intense training?" Junghan asked Hansol, whispering.

"Beats me. You know him, hyperventilating all day long." Hansol shrugged.

"Seunggwan ah, please lower your pipes before Youngmin PD whacks your . Do you want him to cut our chocolate quota??" Wonwoo said.

"OKAY LETS--" Seunggwan started shouting again.

"SHHHHHH." The other boys shushed their friends, Seokmin covered Seunggwan's mouth.

"Okay okay. I get it. Not too loud. Right. So, we should decorate the dorms and the training room with Christmas lightings! And a 'Welcome back Samuel' banner? Then let's bake some of his favorite treats!" Seunggwan removed Seokmin's hand and said.

"Mmhmm. That sounds like an idea." Doyoon considered.

"Well well. What are you guys waiting for? I give you guys 3 hours, you got me?" Youngmin PD appeared. Apparently he heard Seunggwan's plan.

"YES SIR!" The boys scurried away to complete their mission of the day. (LOL GUYS IT RHYMES)

 

"Are these even edible" Junhui starred at the burnt cookies that Mingyu, Wonwoo and MingMing made.

The honourable chefs shrugged. 

"CHANNIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE ORNAMENTS." Hansol shouted

Chan was playing bowling with the ornaments with Soonyoung.

Basically, long story short. The dorm is a mess. 

"Boy is PD hyung going to kill us or should we clean up.....?" Dongjin asked Doyoon, who is shocked by the mess his friends were making.

"SEUNGCHEOL I TOLD YOU TO LOOK AFTER THE BOYS WHILE I GO OUT TO BUY SOME CHOCOLATE NOT TO MESS WITH THE WHIPPED CREAM." Doyoon screamed at Seungcheol who was running around the dorm with Seokmin tailing after him with a can of whipped cream.

"GUYS I THINK WE SHOULD----"Doyoon started saying but was hit by whipped cream.

"Annnnndddddd Doyoon is down."Dongjin gawked at his friend who was covered with cream.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME I JUST BOUGHT THIS SHIRT TWO DAYS AGO." Doyoon screamed and charged at the person who was responsible for his mess.


4:00P.M, LAX Airport.

Samuel was asleep in his mother's arms. He was worned out from all the crying and trips to the counter. Samuel was happy in his dreams.

He was playing with his hyungs in the dorm. Soonyoung was giving him a piggyback ride around the room with Seokmin behind trying to tag them both. Seungcheol transformed into Santa Claus and started handing out presents. Santa Cheol asked Samuel:" Samuel. You have been a good boy. What do you want this Christmas?" 

"I want to be with my hyungs forever!" He hugged Santa Cheol. "I want to be with you guys every Christmas!" Samuel smiled.

"Your wish will be granted." Santa Cheol picked Samuel up and ruffled his hair.

"Samuel! Samuel!" Dongjin called. He looked down and instead of seeing his friend, he saw his mother.

Samuel woke up with a start as his mother shook him lightly. He saw his mother's smiling face.

"Sammy! The plane is fine now! We will be taking off in an hour! This is a miracle, honey!" She smiled and hugged Samuel, who still couldn't believe his mother's words. He's going back. He's going back in time for Christmas with his Hyungs!

"Looks like you prayed to Santa Claus really hard, didnt' you?" She said. 

Samuel couldn't hear her anymore. He was drowned in his own happiness. Thank you, Mr. Santa Claus, you are a nice man.


Christmas. Korea. 7:25A.M.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!" Seunggwan woke every single living thing in the dorm with his shouting. 

"Oh my god. Seunggwan shut up. Let me sleep!" Soonyoung came out from his room and slapped Seunggwan's head.

"Yeah man. After all those cleaning up and training yesterday we barely had enough time to sleep." Seokmin came out and gave Seunggwan another slap.

"GUYS ITS CHRISTMAS! WAKE YOUR UP AND--" Seunggwan shouted but was cut off by the other boys who are still struggling to wake up.

"SHUT UP SEUNGGWAN." The voices chorused from the rooms.

"DING DONG." The door bell rang .

"eh. Who could it be at this early hour." Soonyoung scratched his head.

"It must be PD hyung checking if we cleaned up everything." Seokmin said with raised eyebrows.

"AISH. HYUNG I TOLD YOU WE--" Seunggwan went and opened the door.

"SAMMY??" The trio shouted after seeing who appeared right in front of their doorstep. Samuel and his mother, smiling at the astonished boys.

"HYUNGGG!" Samuel shouted too and tackled them, pushing the three to the floor.

"I swear I heard Samuel's voi--- SAMUEL!!" Doyoon came out and was surprised by the little boy.

One by one, all the boys came out from their rooms and found Samuel on the floor with Soonyoung, Seokmin and Seunggwan, hugging and smiling like a kid who was granted with a wish (well he did)

"HYUNGS! I MISS YOU GUYS!" Samuel stood up and ran towards all of them.

All of them hugged Samuel, with Samuel crying, happy tears, of course.

"You have no idea how much WE missed you Sammy." Wonwoo hugged his dongsaeng.

Samuel's mother, on the other hand stood by the door, wiping her tears. "He is now happy." She smiled to herself.

"Merry Christmas hyungs!" 

"MERRY CHRISTMAS SAMUEL!" The boys laughed.

They were reunited. On Christmas. 

17 was complete again.


"HYUNG YOU BOUGHT ME TWIX?" Samuel jumped up and down and hugged Jisoo's neck.

"Well yeahhhhh but. Spare me a few... 5... 10 of them yeh?" Jisoo smiled nervously.

"NO WAY HYUNG." Samuel grabbed his box of Twix and ran into his room and locked it.

"MY CHOCOLATES." Jisoo pounded on the door and shouted as if he was a zombie in a zombie apocalypse.

"Jisoo yah. Just let it go." Seungcheol laughed.

"NO IT'S TWIX."Jisoo cried.

Merry Twixmas, Jisoo :)


{A/N}

my first one shot hip hip hurrahhhh!

This is for everyone who missed Samuel as much as I do ;___:

Merry Christmas, Samuel, where ever you are. I hope you're doing well and you are happy.

No matter what happened, you will never be replaced in our hearts. You are always a part of Seventeen <3

 

THANK YOU FOR READING :D

-shunandseokie