Breathing

Oasis

well, waddya know a different one :) keke sorry bout that guys, but I had to put the other one(BOUND) on draft, I strongly believe that I have to rewrite it?, so of course I had to replace it, don't wanna leave this one empty. Try this one out! keke 

 

BREATHING

(I got the title through a song, it's not affiliated with Yul's movie or whatsoever haha~ )

 

Everything was supposed to move smoothly and accordingly to the plan, they and particularly she had been doing this ever since they had agreed to be part of this gang.

 

Okay everyone, you know the drill, calm – pretense – distraction – serpentine

 

Some say they’re a lost cause, children from an orphanage who managed to escape its daily repetitive confines, their eldest and leader, Worm, real name Choi Seunghyun had been paid commissions to be their puppet leader, as a syndicate picked him while trying to steal bread for his dongsaengs, he almost got beaten for it for getting caught, but they taught him how to cycle along with the civilization, gutting the baker’s throat dry that was –

 

part of it

 

They grew up to be one of the syndicate’s expendable assets, unbeknownst to them though, they do almost all of the organization’s dirty work, kidnaps, assassinations, organized theft, you name it.

 

At present was another arranged theft for Worm’s group, there were five of them, all built for their occupation, except for one, who had been their actor, designated for all pretense required excursions, for reasons in born.

 

The actor’s screen name was Buck,

 

“ Leech what happened? “ Buck seemed all too calm in a busy store joint, but was actually stressed from all the mishaps.

 

“ @sshole’s unto us, we need the diversion now! “ Buck heard that loud and clear on the hidden intercom.

 

Growing up with these rag tag of thugs, Buck favors them, through thick and thin they had been with each other.

 

Sh!t of all the things to happen …!

 

Why now! My supposed diversion’s not even here yet!

 

Buck looked around the crowd, craning necks and widening their vision at whatever distraction they could come up with.

 

Feeling their rib cage about to break from their continuous loud heart beats, Buck’s thinking was going haywire,

 

I uuhh… should I shoot up instead?

 

TSK! But last time I did that the cops didn’t pay much attention me – TSK!

 

What would Worm do?what would Worm do??

 

A couple of minutes had passed, and Buck still hasn’t thought of a diversion,

!

 

Bang! A gunshot roared through the joint

 

Holy Sh!t!

 

One of Buck’s fellows came running away from the pawn shop’s entrance, holding his left leg that was profusely bleeding.

 

People started shouting and cowering away from the thug, as he was running towards Buck.

 

“ Yoong – Run! “ shouted Buck’s colleague.

 

He made a mistake by shouting Buck’s real name, but then again he was panicking and in severe pain.

 

Yoona felt more jumpy and confused, a lot has been blown out of cover, this has never happened before to them, especially on her part she was known to be very sharp at it and initially experiencing such a mishap came all too sudden to them that they didn’t have much of a backup plan for it.

 

There wasn’t even a getaway car at sight, and all Yoona could think of was getting Eunyuk away from the public worse the authorities.

 

Eunhyuk had been especially close to her, being the one she knew initially at the orphanage, and losing him this way would break her whole being, secondly she was already blaming herself for not creating a backup diversion.

 

Time was running out, she could hear people shouting for the authorities and it was making her irrational in thought, coming up with eliminating whoever she sees that was calling for the cops.

 

One of the basic attitudes that was taught or better yet, drilled forcefully into their mentalities by their leaders was to never show emotion and remorse during covert jaunts.

 

All of them had made their own way of manslaughter, it was compulsory; Buck’s very first head count was of an indebt drug lord, she could never forget how she lured him into slitting his throat; she had to lose the very essence of her maturity first.

 

It was traumatizing – initially, till she had to do it multiple times, she didn’t question her ethics anymore, generally turning her emotionally numb, she can’t even find anything worth her appreciation, only her brothers are worth of it all, she swore to live for them instead, to die for them, to kill for them.

Another gunshot roared through the atmosphere removing Yoona out of her thoughts, and seeing the closest car in front of her, she decided to seize it from its owner.

 

“ get out of ing car …” she commanded while pointing a 45. Cal unto the unknowing driver,  having their back turned away from Yoona.

 

“ I ..uh.. “ the poor victim raised both their arms in surrender slowly facing Yoona.

 

But a sudden police siren boomed through the agitating atmosphere and finally ticking Yoona’s patience, along with the slow moving victim, evidently from fear of being held at gunpoint.

 

“ Buck! 5 – O! “ Eunhyuk alerted Yoona whilst struggling and dragging his bleeding leg.

 

Seeing her comrade run in desperation, agitated her more, thus finally doing what she had always thought to do at the back of her remorseless brain.

 

“ I SAID MOVE! “ she shouted whilst pulling the trigger of her gun, causing the scorching penetrating bullet to pierce right through the carjacked victim’s torso.

 

She already warned the stranger, gesturing with the gun violently, but they were too sluggish even in the midst of chaos, she majorly blamed the victim for being shot.

 

Her back up plan worked out well, seeing Eunhyuk making his way to the car she took, but as soon as the shot fatality gave her eye contact, finally facing her, something deep in her heart bloomed, it hurt her so bad at the same time transfixed her.

 

Something awoke that moment; she doesn’t know it yet, but for an emotionless stretch of time, her nerves were seemingly electrified by how those pained, dying, puppy eyes pierced right through her numbed heart.

 

And in the oddest ways of being captivated by something or someone, Yoona was finally captivated.

 

Blood splattered on her face, it was supposed to alert her more, oddly it attracted her more, and she reached for the fading victim’s hand that was instinctively reaching out to her.

 

She held them gently, for the first time again, she held something with care.

 

They were really soft and warm, and it dawned to her, she doesn’t want them to get cold.

 

She looked around the scene, but Eunhyuk was on his way to the car.

 

“ SH!T! “

 

“ Stay with me! “ she held the casualty’s shoulders and thighs, good thing she was surprisingly strong for her petite build, she carried the bleeding woman unto the car with ease.

 

 

 

TBC!     

 

@Replies; KwonNessie, Seanleen, kk4b_doe, oh sorry buds and dear daughter for removing the first one, I even troubled you guys for commenting, but I'll be rewriting that one, I hope this one doesn't dissapoint neither of you :).